Graham vs Richlands

MusicMakesMeHigh

On 2/23/2021 at 8:37 AM, footballfanatic said:

I agree this may be the strongest team but its definitely the  least athletic team hes had in years outside of bradshaw. hes really all they got skilled wise. 

Graham lost a lot of starters especially on defense. Bradshaw will be their playmaker on offense for sure but I’d say they have more than just him skill wise. Is it the same level as past couple seasons? Probably not, but to say Bradshaw is all they have skill wise is inaccurate in my opinion.    

53 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Graham lost a lot of starters especially on defense. Bradshaw will be their playmaker on offense for sure but I’d say they have more than just him skill wise. Is it the same level as past couple seasons? Probably not, but to say Bradshaw is all they have skill wise is inaccurate in my opinion.    

I think you could stick a sloth in Graham's backfield this year and it will gain yardage.  I think the lineplay will be very good.

4 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

well who do they have?

3 hours ago, footballfanatic said:

anyone know whos starting qb at richlands?

Gavin Cox. He played some last year. Big kid. 6'6 245 junior. Coach Wells says he's very smart with the ball and knows the offense much better than he did in 2019 under Mance. Offense has a real chance to be good if a few WR can step up and force defenses not to focus all the energy on Webb.

To me one of the biggest question marks for Graham is the linebackers. Graham lost two of the best linebackers quite possibly the school has seen. The chemistry and talent that Kastner and Edwards had isn't something that comes around every year. It's definitely not something that can be replaced in 3 weeks of practice. Graham has a lot of young kids that will get playing time this year. Should be an interesting year for sure.

5 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

To me one of the biggest question marks for Graham is the linebackers. Graham lost two of the best linebackers quite possibly the school has seen. 

Chuck Perdue graduated in 1970 from Graham and was defensive captain at VT on the 1972-73 team at Linebacker.  Graham also had guys like Eddie Hall and Terry Hall.

2 hours ago, Fairlawncat said:

Chuck Perdue graduated in 1970 from Graham and was defensive captain at VT on the 1972-73 team at Linebacker.  Graham also had guys like Eddie Hall and Terry Hall.

And Chris Patton, Mark "Caveman" Cundiff".  and many more.  I believe the duo of Eddie "Hit man" Hall and Mark "Cave Man" Cundiff would be my pick as the top linebacking duo to come through Graham High School.  Terry may have been a better LB then his brother Eddie.

20 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I guess we will have to find out on saturday.

I know they have a lot of freshmen & sophomores who haven’t played varsity ball but I’m hoping for a couple diamonds in the rough. Fritz is a nice add to the team. He could turn out to be a great skill player but it’s hard with so few practices under his belt due to wrestling but I’m keeping a positive attitude that Bradshaw isn’t all they have. 

34 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I know they have a lot of freshmen & sophomores who haven’t played varsity ball but I’m hoping for a couple diamonds in the rough. Fritz is a nice add to the team. He could turn out to be a great skill player but it’s hard with so few practices under his belt due to wrestling but I’m keeping a positive attitude that Bradshaw isn’t all they have. 

It's too bad that Tazewell vs. Riverheads and Graham vs. Richlands is at the same time on NFHS.  I'll have to watch one and then watch the other and hope nobody tells me the score.

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

It's too bad that Tazewell vs. Riverheads and Graham vs. Richlands is at the same time on NFHS.  I'll have to watch one and then watch the other and hope nobody tells me the score.

Just stay off here & mute phone until you’ve watched both, lol.

Either Richlands D line is inexperienced or they're getting the wrong play call. Graham is tearing them up running the outside and the dline is crashing the middle. Leavin just a couple guys on the outside to eat up 2 and 3 blockers and the runner. 

Both teams have lots they need to work on ; Can’t wait to see the improvements both teams make, three weeks wasn’t long to practice , even less for wrestlers & basketball guys. Fritz had a good showing for his first game. Turnovers hurt Richlands badly. Graham still loves yellow flags. Thoughts? Anyone else on strengths & weaknesses of both teams.  

30 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Both teams have lots they need to work on ; Can’t wait to see the improvements both teams make, three weeks wasn’t long to practice , even less for wrestlers & basketball guys. Fritz had a good showing for his first game. Turnovers hurt Richlands badly. Graham still loves yellow flags. Thoughts? Anyone else on strengths & weaknesses of both teams.  

Sloppy game.  But I guess that is what is expectes first time out.  Graham's defense is not as strong as the past couple of seasons.  Offensively, they nees to develop a more consistent running game.  Richlands obviously needa to cut down on turnovera.