Scoreboard: Week 1

Real Sasquatch

1 minute ago, Plywood_King said:

Don't know how other broadcasts are turning out on NFHS, but somebody needs to have a talk with the camera operator at Chilhowie. 

Same at Union but it's the first game. The cameras are calibrated to follow game play so someone has to learn how to do this.

3 minutes ago, Unchained said:

Same at Union but it's the first game. The cameras are calibrated to follow game play so someone has to learn how to do this.

That’s the issue...they’re built to do that without human interaction.  If the hardware and software don’t jive with game action...it’ll render NFHS useless.

Just now, Unchained said:

True that. However, its dang near balmy for February in Smyth County tonight, the least they could do is open the window so you can see the field, rather than stare at the rain glare on the press box window all night. At this point, the free radio broadcast provides a better perspective on the game than the video does. 

1 minute ago, Plywood_King said:

True that. However, its dang near balmy for February in Smyth County tonight, the least they could do is open the window so you can see the field, rather than stare at the rain glare on the press box window all night. At this point, the free radio broadcast provides a better perspective on the game than the video does. 

Watching the Floyd and Carroll game being played at Galax and the feed is horrible and laggy, there's a glare on the window it's being filmed through. I can see a couple of coaches with their headsets on in the reflection.   Hopefully it gets better as local schools work out the bugs for the next broadcast.

1 minute ago, UVAObserver said:

Dare we say that the NFHS experiment isn’t off to a running start?

They'd better fix it. We shucked out $70 for it,and I'm a stickler for getting value for my hard-earned money.

Just now, Unchained said:

They'd better fix it. We shucked out $70 for it,and I'm a stickler for getting value for my hard-earned money.

Having studied the NFHS operation in some detail...they go to the Ron Popeil school of “set it and forget it”.  There’s really not much more they can or will do from their end...