Scoreboard: Week 1

Real Sasquatch

2 minutes ago, SW_VA_boy said:

No complaints here watching East Mont Covington.  No commentators.  Just crowd noise.  

East Mont up up 21-7.

I’ve skipped around a few different games and from a quality standpoint this game is the only one even close to being watchable. 

So far the NFHS camera quality is terrible all around. Sad that all of SWVA got duped. 

Central was down 7-0 until they blocked a punt and then returned a punt 80+ yards and now they’re up 14-7. Central just intercepted a Ridgeview pass right before the 3rd quarter ended. 

Ridgeview receivers have been wide open all night but the qb hasn’t been able to hit them. They could’ve been up 21-0 at halftime but now they are down 14-7 going into the 4th.

Just now, Unionguy_2017 said:

Union has some work to do. 

Central is really good. 

The RV announcers are something else. 😂

NFHS for basketball is solid but football is a mess. 

I expected a sluggish opener with so many basketballers not in sync yet. Stupid penalties must be cleaned up,but week 1 that happens. The defense looks pretty good.

51 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Ridgeview game is hard to watch 5 guys talking over each other

48 minutes ago, Hokie101 said:

Sounds like about 10 guys talking all at once.  Nice to watch with the volume all the way down though. 

Yeah, I mentioned this in the other thread... just terrible, even if James Colley was one of the analysts.  On deep balls, NFHS camera couldn't follow the play at all.

We have to keep in mind, this was essentially a first scrimmage. I'm sure everyone will look better next week.

As far as the camera goes, the installation crew is supposed to calibrate upon initial setup. The schools can request a follow-up to get the kinks worked out, but definitely not the best tonight.

And I have no explanation for the ones mounted inside the press box. Supposed to be on the outside. That's what they're made for.

12 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

Watching Union v Lee. While I'm grateful to be able watch it, the camera work and glare from the field is brutal. 

I thought it snowed at the park when I first turned on.  Missed all of Lomax long runs he's so fast he outran the camera.

10 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I thought it snowed at the park when I first turned on.  Missed all of Lomax long runs he's so fast he outran the camera.

Yeah, when we started watching, my wife said hey, there's snow on the field. They missed a bunch of plays on camera. Kind of reminded me what is was like watching an ETSU game at the Mini-Dome when the play came toward the sideline you were sitting on and the players vanished before they got to the sideline. 

1 hour ago, EH31 said:

Central was down 7-0 until they blocked a punt and then returned a punt 80+ yards and now they’re up 14-7. Central just intercepted a Ridgeview pass right before the 3rd quarter ended. 

Ridgeview receivers have been wide open all night but the qb hasn’t been able to hit them. They could’ve been up 21-0 at halftime but now they are down 14-7 going into the 4th.

Ridgeview will not be able to throw the ball at all with their current QB. Receivers running wide open and he just chucked the ball up. The last offensive play looked like he just dropped back, threw it as far as he could and hoped for the best.