Scoreboard: Week 1

Real Sasquatch

1 hour ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

Union has some work to do. 

Central is really good. 

The RV announcers are something else. 😂

NFHS for basketball is solid but football is a mess. 

I didn’t really think central looked all that impressive. Both of their td’s came when their drives started inside of Ridgeview’s 5 yard line. 

They did have a good defensive game plan of selling out to stop Adkins. Their defensive backs were burnt all night but Ridgeview’s quarterback couldn’t seem to connect. 

Ridgeview looked like the more talented team but Central was more disciplined. 

2 hours ago, EH31 said:

I didn’t really think central looked all that impressive. Both of their td’s came when their drives started inside of Ridgeview’s 5 yard line. 

They did have a good defensive game plan of selling out to stop Adkins. Their defensive backs were burnt all night but Ridgeview’s quarterback couldn’t seem to connect. 

Ridgeview looked like the more talented team but Central was more disciplined. 

New year same issue for RV.

The old saying in football is that you make the most progress between Game 1 and Game 2.  Well this year it may be more true than ever before for some (12 days in between) and no so for others (5 days in between).  Theres going to be a lot of ugly football this year folks.

I watched a little after coming home last night.  RC's camera seemed to be okay for the most part but the setup doesnt follow long plays from scrimmage well.  Noticed the same watching part of Battle/GC before bed.  

The whole video setup was done during daylight hours, thus not accounting for the darkness in the background vs the bright lights, so that will effect everything from quality of the picture to the ability of the camera to follow the action, The game feed announcer said that the complaints would be sent in to fix the problem. the pregame picture(daylight) looked very good

2 minutes ago, BoBob said:

Just our of curiosity, were the visiting teams allowed to have fans or parents of any kind.  

I read in the Bristol Herald Courier than John Battle took “3 dozen” fans to Gate City

1 hour ago, jarhead24219 said:

The whole video setup was done during daylight hours, thus not accounting for the darkness in the background vs the bright lights, so that will effect everything from quality of the picture to the ability of the camera to follow the action, The game feed announcer said that the complaints would be sent in to fix the problem. the pregame picture(daylight) looked very good

Good luck on getting anyone from NFHS back out to fix the problem in a timely manner.  

14 hours ago, Observer said:

Ridgeview will not be able to throw the ball at all with their current QB. Receivers running wide open and he just chucked the ball up. The last offensive play looked like he just dropped back, threw it as far as he could and hoped for the best.

new season, same experts.

2 hours ago, bristol8434 said:

I believe that each player gets one ticket for away games and they only dressed 17

It depends how many players the visiting team has as to if they get 1 or 2 parent tickets for visitors. It all depends on how many total "spectators" are in the stadium. I would think JSB would have definitely been able to bring 2 per athlete, which would be 34 plus a couple administrators. In terms of football, I was very impressed with JSB and how well they executed what they wanted to do. Pretty dominating performance, even though the scoreboard didn't show that.

16 hours ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

Plenty of talent, just young and inexperienced. 

Yeah I seen Unions roster they only have about 7 seniors and only 3 or 4 that play.  Looks like Union will have a good team for at least the next couple years.  

7:32 left 2ndQ - Salem 21, Blacksburg 0. Chauncey Logan with the TD to extend the lead for the Spartans.

Matthew Hatfield

5:36 left 2ndQ in VHSL Football - Salem 29, Blacksburg 0. Cameron Leftwich with a TD run and then a 2-point conversion catch for the Spartans, in control in their home opener.

great state