Scoreboard: Week 1

Real Sasquatch

20 hours ago, HaloSports2 said:

new season, same experts

“Offensively, we missed some wide open throws.”

Direct quote from Coach Tiller in today’s Dickenson Star.  Guess I’m not the only “expert”.

On 2/23/2021 at 1:28 AM, BigWinners said:

New year same issue for RV.

All in all Everyone including the QB knows 5 for 18  is not going to cut it going forward but New Offence plus no preseason plus 30 degree temp may have amplified the problem.

I feel the QB is capable and as tough as it is in this compressed season he (and the team) need a few weeks to get comfortable in the Offence and feel comfortable making the throws that need to be made.

10 hours ago, Counts said:

All in all Everyone including the QB knows 5 for 18  is not going to cut it going forward but New Offence plus no preseason plus 30 degree temp may have amplified the problem.

I feel the QB is capable and as tough as it is in this compressed season he (and the team) need a few weeks to get comfortable in the Offence and feel comfortable making the throws that need to be made.

I don't disagree there but is the inability to run the ball even with a kid as talented as Adkins not worrisome? The QB can improve and eventually hit those throws but not being able to sustain a running attack is a bigger issue IMO. The special teams gaffes can be fixed too, as can the penalties, but losing at the LOS is something that's hard to fix.

RV won't see but two more teams in conference that can push them, the bottom of the M7 is very bad, but can you guys right the ship and figure out a way to run the ball against better teams? The QB completing the open looks is gonna help loosen up a defense but every team is gonna be focused on Adkins. I doubt they are willing to abandon the run stopping scheme even if RV can hit the 2-3 deep balls. 

16 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I don't disagree there but is the inability to run the ball even with a kid as talented as Adkins not worrisome? The QB can improve and eventually hit those throws but not being able to sustain a running attack is a bigger issue IMO. The special teams gaffes can be fixed too, as can the penalties, but losing at the LOS is something that's hard to fix.

RV won't see but two more teams in conference that can push them, the bottom of the M7 is very bad, but can you guys right the ship and figure out a way to run the ball against better teams? The QB completing the open looks is gonna help loosen up a defense but every team is gonna be focused on Adkins. I doubt they are willing to abandon the run stopping scheme even if RV can hit the 2-3 deep balls. 

Adkins did ok I think 81 yards on 16 carry vs a solid d selling out to stop the run. 

Rv can do 1 of 2 things 

1) run Adkins 30 times a game odds are good he will break one at some point

2) hit some passes and get the extra defenders out of the box

Last year we did option 1 this year option 2 

No need to hit the panic button at qb but the passing game needs to get better