Sep 16 Graham A
Sep 24 Gate City (Homecoming) H
Oct 01 Thomas Walker A
Oct 08 Ridgeview H
Oct 15 Central A
Oct 22 Open
Oct 29 Abingdon A
Nov 5 John Battle H

Props to Thomas Walker for making a massive leap up in scheduling difficulty.  Union’s certainly a bigger challenge than Possum Fart, KY.  Iron sharpens iron.

Not a bad schedule, though.  Could be worse.  The Graham game is “Game of the Season” type stuff.

2 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Talk about a nothingburger, Union's schedule for Fall 2021. 🙄

Aug 27 Lee A
Sep 03 Richlands H
Sep 10 JI Burton H
Sep 16 Graham A
Sep 24 Gate City (Homecoming) H
Oct 01 Thomas Walker A
Oct 08 Ridgeview H
Oct 15 Central A
Oct 22 Open
Oct 29 Abingdon A
Nov 5 John Battle H

🤦🏻‍♂️

20 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Props to Thomas Walker for making a massive leap up in scheduling difficulty.  Union’s certainly a bigger challenge than Possum Fart, KY.  Iron sharpens iron.

Not a bad schedule, though.  Could be worse.  The Graham game is “Game of the Season” type stuff.

Definitely good for TW, not sure about Union. I'm OK with Burton because of proximity, and I know they return a lot from a solid team. I'm thinking they could have found someone in TN to play, but I guess not. I can only surmise that they scheduled safe in an attempt for homefield in the playoffs. Graham and Central will be their stiffest competition, and both away. Abingdon lost a lot, so not sure what they'll be like next year.

49 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Definitely good for TW, not sure about Union. I'm OK with Burton because of proximity, and I know they return a lot from a solid team. I'm thinking they could have found someone in TN to play, but I guess not. I can only surmise that they scheduled safe in an attempt for homefield in the playoffs. Graham and Central will be their stiffest competition, and both away. Abingdon lost a lot, so not sure what they'll be like next year.

I'm starting to think Union is like Galax. You play better at Mitchell Stadium than you do at home. Just my observation........

2 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

I'm sure Big Winners would agree with me too I've been wanting a game at Appy and the Burton game would be perfect

6 hours ago, goose111874 said:

I'm sure Big Winners would agree with me too I've been wanting a game at Appy and the Burton game would be perfect

3 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Absolutely! Bigwinners LOVES Riggs Stadium. Lol

Yeah my fav place in the world, a field that resembles Burt Reynolds' crews practice field in The Longest Yard lololol

I'm glad Burton back on schedule but can't understand TW, at all.

10 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

What does Iron do to Brass?

J/k, its a decent matchup. Close geographically (relatively) and is a game a developing TW team needs.  

2 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Yeah my fav place in the world, a field that resembles Burt Reynolds' crews practice field in The Longest Yard lololol

We know deep down your a Dawg

1 hour ago, goose111874 said:

We know deep down your a Dawg

I may have fleas, occasionally lick myself in public and pee on fire hydrants but that does NOT make me a dawg. As a matter of fact, just for that horrendous slander, I'm gonna start a fund for the hundreds and hundreds of poor, unsuspecting kids who had to get tetanus shots after being jabbed with rusty nails while playing on the "field" in Appalachia if they can overcome their lockjaw. 

And no matter how hard you Appy guys push back, Tom's snuff spit was not an adequate treatment for concussions.

lolol

13 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I may have fleas, occasionally lick myself in public and pee on fire hydrants but that does NOT make me a dawg. As a matter of fact, just for that horrendous slander, I'm gonna start a fund for the hundreds and hundreds of poor, unsuspecting kids who had to get tetanus shots after being jabbed with rusty nails while playing on the "field" in Appalachia if they can overcome their lockjaw. 

And no matter how hard you Appy guys push back, Tom's snuff spit was not an adequate treatment for concussions.

lolol

Maybe not for concussions but it was great for ankle sprains and glass cuts

7 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Lebanon schedule? Might make an impact right away if schedule is right.  Another one that I'd like to see compete again like not so far ago. 

The drop to 1A should help.  Are they bound for the Hogo or BDD?

On 5/7/2021 at 2:12 PM, Mountain Football said:

I'm starting to think Union is like Galax. You play better at Mitchell Stadium than you do at home. Just my observation........

I would venture to guess that Graham is the only team in the area who would prefer to play Union at Bullitt Park than at home.

On 5/7/2021 at 10:30 PM, BigWinners said:

Absolutely loved playing at Riggs...most of my teammates back in the day did, too. Always was a great atmosphere for football.

46 minutes ago, sup_rbeast said:

Absolutely loved playing at Riggs...most of my teammates back in the day did, too. Always was a great atmosphere for football.

I'm sure the four that survived the hep C and gangrene have fond memories 

Union playing two Cumberland teams is a joke. If they are lucky enough to beat Graham and win the region, you can forget playing at home in the semifinals. That schedule won't outpoint Appo or whoever comes out of C. I'd rather play someone with a pulse and lose than this, how does this help get ready for the playoffs?