2021 Schedules

1inStripes

Union has played Burton 8 times and the average margin of victory is 31 points. Other than the school's being 10 minutes apart, this game looks to be about as useful as the Lee series. In fact, the Generals have played the Bears closer than the Raiders. Should be good for power points, given that Burton should win 7-8 games but in terms of preparing you for anything, it will not.

This SHOULD be Richlands’ fall schedule. Key word on should. 

Aug. 27 Gate City

Sept. 3 at Union

Sept. 10 Graham

Sept. 17 Abingdon

Sept. 24 at Bluefield

Oct. 1 Ridgeview

Oct. 8 at Tazewell

Oct. 15 at Marion 

Oct. 22 OPEN

Oct. 29 at David Crockett, TN

Nov. 3 Virginia

Saw this on the Twitters. Radford is an unexpected game.

2021 Gate City Football Schedule

8/27   Richlands    A
9/4     Radford     H Saturday
9/10   Abingdon  H
9/17   Marion      H
9/24   Union        A
10/1   Lebanon   A
10/8   OPEN
10/15  Lee           H
10/22  JSBattle  A
10/29  WCentral  H
11/5    Ridgeview  A

On 5/12/2021 at 12:50 PM, BSGSportsFan said:

Union has played Burton 8 times and the average margin of victory is 31 points. Other than the school's being 10 minutes apart, this game looks to be about as useful as the Lee series. In fact, the Generals have played the Bears closer than the Raiders. Should be good for power points, given that Burton should win 7-8 games but in terms of preparing you for anything, it will not.

Burton game will help on PowerPoints.  I'm not sure but I think if you play down you still get 2a points.

1 hour ago, goose111874 said:

Burton game will help on PowerPoints.  I'm not sure but I think if you play down you still get 2a points.

Correct. Gives bigger schools an incentive to play smaller schools that are geographically close. 

23 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Saw this on the Twitters. Radford is an unexpected game.

2021 Gate City Football Schedule

8/27   Richlands    A
9/4     Radford     H Saturday
9/10   Abingdon  H
9/17   Marion      H
9/24   Union        A
10/1   Lebanon   A
10/8   OPEN
10/15  Lee           H
10/22  JSBattle  A
10/29  WCentral  H
11/5    Ridgeview  A

Surprised me when I saw Radford on there. 

Castlewoods was released last night.  I had heard they were having trouble filling 2 games so its good to see them complete their schedule.

8/27  North Greene       H

9/3    Honaker                A

9/10  Thomas Walker    H

9/17   Open

9/24   Rye Cove              A

10/1   Bland County        H

10/8   Twin Springs        H

10/15  Lebanon              H

10/22   JI Burton             A

10/29   Pikeville              A

11/5      Eastside            A

3 hours ago, redtiger said:

There's playing up to get better and then there's laying down on the alter so your heart can get ripped out. 10/29 will be the latter for Castlewood 

But I would think they are getting paid to put their kids on the alter.

40 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

But I would think they are getting paid to put their kids on the alter.

Oh I'm sure they are but I've never really known Castlewood to struggle for money as a program. Just doesn't make a lot of sense to me, especially with a team that seems to be moving in the right direction 

You take what you can get to fill a schedule sometimes too. I had been told as recent as 2 weeks ago they were still searching for 2 opponents.  I don't know if that was accurate but seeing the lack of teams from Region D on the schedule it would appear it was a difficult finding opponents to match up with their available dates.

Wow, an invite for both Bluefield schools to the Ridge. Graham for a benefit game and the mighty Beavers the next to last regular season game of the year. All the best for Ridgeview and awesomeness for their scheduling. But, playing the Beavers the next to last game of the year is a huge risk. This means Bluefield is in full swing and rolling downhill and Ridgeview will likely have the playoffs coming soon. When you play Bluefield, there's a strong chance of injury. Just a vicious and bad outfit (in a good way.) All the best for the Wolfpack and how they scheduled to get themselves ready for the playoffs. They aren't backing down, but man oh man, Bluefield in game nine is maybe something I would have tried to do different if playing them at all. Meaning, try to catch em in weeks 1,2,3, etc. Bluefield was young last year and like Graham, Bluefield is going to absolutely loaded the next 3 years.

23 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

Wow, an invite for both Bluefield schools to the Ridge. Graham for a benefit game and the mighty Beavers the next to last regular season game of the year. All the best for Ridgeview and awesomeness for their scheduling. But, playing the Beavers the next to last game of the year is a huge risk. This means Bluefield is in full swing and rolling downhill and Ridgeview will likely have the playoffs coming soon. When you play Bluefield, there's a strong chance of injury. Just a vicious and bad outfit (in a good way.) All the best for the Wolfpack and how they scheduled to get themselves ready for the playoffs. They aren't backing down, but man oh man, Bluefield in game nine is maybe something I would have tried to do different if playing them at all. Meaning, try to catch em in weeks 1,2,3, etc. Bluefield was young last year and like Graham, Bluefield is going to absolutely loaded the next 3 years.

There is a risk of injury against any team...bluefield or Craig Co....you could get injured against either....good scheduling IMO

15 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Can they stop the skid? 10/1 seems best chance, you guys better get the nest rocking. Don't wanna be the team that ends that streak.

I knew the contract was signed between the two.  Wasnt sure of date and locations.