Backyard brawl! Tazewell Vs. Richlands

bulldog05-CO2017

Could come down to the kicking game.  We have missed some XPs but have a very capable kicker and a field goal would not be a worry if had to be relied on.  Richlands lost one of the best kickers there has been in the area and not sure what they have now.

7 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Could come down to the kicking game.  We have missed some XPs but have a very capable kicker and a field goal would not be a worry if had to be relied on.  Richlands lost one of the best kickers there has been in the area and not sure what they have now.

Two young kickers who need experience. They’re both probably good from 30-35 yards. 

19 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

Anybody have a prediction on the final score of this game?

Close game, winner maybe decided by who has the ball last! On paper Tazewell is the better team, when's the last time we could say that? But Tazewell hasn't beat Richlands in 18 years and the game is at Richlands as well, when the last time Tazewell won there? I feel like this game is gonna be like the Regional Championship back in 07 or 08.

2 minutes ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Close game, winner maybe decided by who has the ball last! On paper Tazewell is the better team, when's the last time we could say that? But Tazewell hasn't beat Richlands in 18 years and the game is at Richlands as well, when the last time Tazewell won there? I feel like this game is gonna be like the Regional Championship back in 07 or 08.

Just as long as its not an ending like that

3 minutes ago, BoBob said:

Thanks to our Gov and his 250 rule...🤦‍♂️

Know its been mentioned several times already but I really wish the logic would be explained of how we can have a high school game with only 250 and just a few hours later 1000 for a college game in the same stadium???

47 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Know its been mentioned several times already but I really wish the logic would be explained of how we can have a high school game with only 250 and just a few hours later 1000 for a college game in the same stadium???

How can you have a regular HS stadium and only put 250 in it then  (hypothetical) host a concert (entertainment) and have 1000 in the same regular stadium on the very next day.🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

48 minutes ago, Bulldogs52 said:

18 years is a huge mental hurdle to beat. Maybe if Tazewell could jump on them early they would have the confidence. If Richlands goes up by much...

16 minutes ago, BoBob said:

18 years is a huge mental hurdle to beat. Maybe if Tazewell could jump on them early they would have the confidence. If Richlands goes up by much...

For better or worse that mental hurdle of Mance is gone now so no excuse on that part.

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

But are they? I feel like the teams are closer to being even. 

I probaly could have worded that differently, I'm just saying that everything is the same for Tazewell for a change, and Richlands has a new coach get new stuff threw at the to learn.  Believe me I still know the juggernaut that is ahead of the Bulldogs tomorrow.

Being a Blues fan I have to go with the home team in this one, in a close one Richlands 21 Tazewell 20.  I feel like this game will come down to Richlands defense against Tazewell's offense.  I may be wrong but I think this may turn out to be like one of the old fashion barn burners, too darn bad we can't be there in person.

I think this will be a defensive struggle with which defense can eliminate the big plays.  I believe both defenses are probably equal in short yardage plays, but the back breaker will be stopping the plays for big yardage.  Conditioning in a physical game may play a big part, depending how many players of each team play both ways.  

Being at home, the history of Blues with a long win record over Dawgs, I go with the Blues for the win.  

4 hours ago, BoBob said:

Thanks to our Gov and his 250 rule...🤦‍♂️

Do you know what the attendance policy is for volleyball? Or was for basketball?

Cuz what they're doing for middle school volleyball is absurd. Tazewell County schools are playing each other every week for 5 weeks. So 3 teams at one gym. Only one parent can go to home games and none for away. Seen an away game on NFHS and there was one person on the visitors side. So youre looking at about 12 parents in the whole gym. We also only have one home game. Not sure if thats a local decision or a statewide indoor policy. Cuz i dont know if they're doing that for high school volleyball or did that for basketball too.

36 minutes ago, Westisthebest said:

Do you know what the attendance policy is for volleyball? Or was for basketball?

Cuz what they're doing for middle school volleyball is absurd. Tazewell County schools are playing each other every week for 5 weeks. So 3 teams at one gym. Only one parent can go to home games and none for away. Seen an away game on NFHS and there was one person on the visitors side. So youre looking at about 12 parents in the whole gym. We also only have one home game. Not sure if thats a local decision or a statewide indoor policy. Cuz i dont know if they're doing that for high school volleyball or did that for basketball too.

Think it’s 25 for HS indoor sports. 

1 hour ago, Jags52 said:

Yes that are and it’s not really close but the game isn’t played on paper

This game for the Dawgs will be an exercise in mental toughness. If they keep their heads in the game and the Blues out of their heads, they win! If not, Blues by at least a couple TDs. Nothing against Richlands but I’d like to see the Dawgs break that 18 year old losing streak.