Graham @ Marion

Graham32

1 hour ago, BoBob said:

How does this years Graham team compare to last years? I kinda figured they would still be good but even if not “as good” still capable of being a threat.

Much younger. Four seniors with mostly sophomores and a few juniors seeing playing time. With that said they have some athletes and kids that play with a ton of heart. I'll say this. Tony has found a way to make those kids want to play and play hard. Graham has a "motivator" if you will by the name of Mike Horton aka Big Mike. After you listen to this guy for 30 seconds if you aren't ready to run through a brick wall you might as well go play tennis. He can get your blood flowing for sure.

4 hours ago, BoBob said:

How does this years Graham team compare to last years? I kinda figured they would still be good but even if not “as good” still capable of being a threat.

This years Graham team is less athletic overall at the skill positions.  The lineplay seems better.  They are opening up good holes for the running back Fritz, who is a hard nosed type of back that has some athleticiam.  The QB is more of a drop back QB, but he can run when needed.  Just a different looking team.  I think they cam score points offensively.  The key will be the development of the LBs and defensive backs.  Fritz and Z. Blevins are pretty good linebackers and that was a big concern xoming in for Graham.  They are smaller than Kastner and Edwards, but both play the position well and pack a punch.  DBs are the biggest question mark.  But so far, so good.  With T. Palmer at the helm and the coaching staff that he has assembled, they are young, but very capable of making a deep run.  

4 minutes ago, graham32 said:

Sheesh, who sh*t in your Wheaties. 

Everyone knows Graham will destroy Marion so there is nothing to else to say about it. Marion is the equivalent of a JV team honestly and probably would lose to several JV teams. 

2 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

I was wondering if the local fire department had conducted some training exercises on the field recently or maybe mother nature had prevented them from being able to do that.🤣

If that field ain’t a wet muddy mess Saturday afternoon, something done went haywire in Hurricane Alley. 😂😂😂 

33 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

If that field ain’t a wet muddy mess Saturday afternoon, something done went haywire in Hurricane Alley. 😂😂😂 

It hasn’t rained over there in 8 days — and the next chance of rain is Friday night. It should be in *decent* condition lol. 

31 minutes ago, Canes00 said:

Wet field dry field asphalt field concrete field pasture field or playing on Mars or the moon. Graham still wins by a huge margin 

I know what you are saying but after watching the Tazewell vs Marion game on film. I thought Marion did pretty good considering who they were playing. This is not the Tazewell team of old. Marion appears to be young and made several mistakes but I wouldn't say its all doom and gloom in Marion. I know you're just being realistic and not bashing the team.

4 hours ago, Canes00 said:

Wet field dry field asphalt field concrete field pasture field or playing on Mars or the moon. Graham still wins by a huge margin 

I’ve always said that the “deflate gate” game between the Colts and Patriots would have been the same score if they were using bowling balls; a nerf football or bouncy balls from the Pizza Hut coin machine. That deflated ball didn’t change that game 😂

On 3/9/2021 at 9:02 PM, Mountain Football said:

I know what you are saying but after watching the Tazewell vs Marion game on film. I thought Marion did pretty good considering who they were playing. This is not the Tazewell team of old. Marion appears to be young and made several mistakes but I wouldn't say its all doom and gloom in Marion. I know you're just being realistic and not bashing the team.

Marion is young and this is the best Tazewell team I have seen. They have athletes just not a the caliber of Tazewell county I will be the first to admit that. They have a lot of kids either playing for the first time or playing a new position for the first time and with very little offseason that that tough. Marion looked pretty good for the first 5 quarters of football they played but lost some confidence once Tazewell started clicking. Then again its hard to have any confidence with very little community support. They will figure it out trust me this is a great group of kids that work their tails off. 

At least if Graham gets up big they will slow the game down and put the 2's in and run the ball and take a knee with 40 seconds left in the game instead of running another play with 3 starting lineman in their against a bunch of JV guys..

On 3/9/2021 at 9:02 PM, Mountain Football said:

13 Sophomores on Marion's team.  Coach Smith is doing a great job.  He could however use a top quality assistant coach to help him.....imo

26 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

At least if Graham gets up big they will slow the game down and put the 2's in and run the ball and take a knee with 40 seconds left in the game instead of running another play with 3 starting lineman in their against a bunch of JV guys..

2049-EA52-9781-436-A-B7-A9-F263-A4-F8-F9

Tazewell only has 8 lineman on the roster. starters have to play the entire game, regardless of the score. 

25 minutes ago, EH31 said:

2049-EA52-9781-436-A-B7-A9-F263-A4-F8-F9

Tazewell only has 8 lineman on the roster. starters have to play the entire game, regardless of the score. 

fair enough but why not get in victory formation at the end of the game?