Galax VS GW

The game is Saturday at noon in Galax.  Galax will score a bunch of points on virtually every 1A team in the state.  In his 4th season as starting QB, Cole Pickett was 16-22 for 251 yards and 5 TD passes last week against Grayson.  Galax also had 209 yards rushing with four different backs gaining yards in chunks.  That's a tough combination to stop.  They aren't the same team defensively though.  Grayson averaged well over 8 yards per carry last week gaining 325 yards on 39 carries.  If Grayson had a passing game to balance out the offense, this could have been a very different game.  Grayson was 2-3 passing for 6 yards.  GW will score more against Galax than last seasons two games combined.

My prediction (sure to be wrong)......
Galax 45
GW 28

Galax D isn't as good as last year but they aren't bad. Grayson got a lot of  yards on the first two series with big plays due to missed assignments and players being out of position. They shut them out after that until the subs came in later in the game and Grayson got a lot of yards and two scores against the younger guys.  The game really wasn't as close as the score would lead you to believe in my opinion. As for GW it's hard to tell much about them yet with them only playing Bland, I'd say they're still pretty good and we will know more about both teams after Saturday.

On 3/10/2021 at 9:00 AM, sixcat said:

The game is Saturday at noon in Galax.  Galax will score a bunch of points on virtually every 1A team in the state.  In his 4th season as starting QB, Cole Pickett was 16-22 for 251 yards and 5 TD passes last week against Grayson.  Galax also had 209 yards rushing with four different backs gaining yards in chunks.  That's a tough combination to stop.  They aren't the same team defensively though.  Grayson averaged well over 8 yards per carry last week gaining 325 yards on 39 carries.  If Grayson had a passing game to balance out the offense, this could have been a very different game.  Grayson was 2-3 passing for 6 yards.  GW will score more against Galax than last seasons two games combined.

My prediction (sure to be wrong)......
Galax 45
GW 28

Sounds like a Galax vs Riverheads rematch if they can score on any team in the state !

9 hours ago, Red Rabbit said:

Sounds like a Galax vs Riverheads rematch if they can score on any team in the state !

Could be, time will tell. Gave y'all the toughest game you've had in 3 years last season.