Union vs John Battle

UNION#ATW

Union is heading John Battle Saturday...

Just my thoughts on the game is Union will be looking at kids at different positions again looking for the best options going forward.

John Battle will be no push over by no means! The defense for Union has looked good but somewhat exposed on the quick out passes against Gate City. They are work to be done on both sides of the ball for Union.

Safe travels to everyone going to John Battle! 

GO BEARS***

What's everyone's thoughts on this?

John Battle has always competed against Union from start to finish. They never quit, and they never give up. The key to this game will be the Bears' ability to stop the run consistently, not get tired and avoid being caught off guard by the occasional pass. Union does have one more game under their belt than the Trojans so that might be the deciding factor.

If they get all the kinks worked out, this could be a dangerous Union squad come playoff time...IF they get in.

On 3/10/2021 at 12:03 PM, Union_Fan said:

John Battle has always competed against Union from start to finish. They never quit, and they never give up. The key to this game will be the Bears' ability to stop the run consistently, not get tired and avoid being caught off guard by the occasional pass. Union does have one more game under their belt than the Trojans so that might be the deciding factor.

If they get all the kinks worked out, this could be a dangerous Union squad come playoff time...IF they get in.

If they get in is a big question mark.  They have looked better than I thought but against very bad teams.  I'm taking these games as 6 scrimmages getting ready for a deep run this fall.  Hope I'm wrong and they make playoffs this season though.

12 hours ago, goose111874 said:

If they get in is a big question mark.  They have looked better than I thought but against very bad teams.  I'm taking these games as 6 scrimmages getting ready for a deep run this fall.  Hope I'm wrong and they make playoffs this season though.

You may very well be right about the 6 scrimmages, and I'm certain you're right about this fall. From what I've seen, they have experimented a lot with personnel, formations, and plays during these first 2 games. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see more of the same against Battle.

Tomorrow might tell us a little something about their playoff chances. If not, next week will for certain!

15 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Snead kid for Union looked great today and #17 looked good too is he a freshman

I didn't watch a whole lot, watched Bama/UT in SEC Tourney, how did Bunch look overall? Two TD passes I saw were very good throws but he also had a couple that missed the mark big time.

9 hours ago, Weatherman said:

How many days of practice did Battle get for this game after coming out of quarantine?

According to the KTN article, they didn't practice as a "team" until Thursday. Not sure what they did prior.

Battle is not bad at all. They impressed me against GC, and made several plays against Union.

They always play hard!