2D Top 20 Ratings 3/15

stu_bean

On 3/23/2021 at 8:04 PM, FoxTrot said:

The Region D athletic directors voted on this before the season.  It is the top 4 teams out of the region, regardless of district.  Feel free to ask your school athletic directors.  It is also of understanding that the 1st Graham vs. Richlands game didn’t count in terms fully of points in the region.

New Vote today from administrators - Top 2 from each district in REGION D 2A ! Graham - Richlands first game did not count, so the last game of year counts toward playoffs  - Everything still point based!!

48 minutes ago, FoxTrot said:

New Vote today from administrators - Top 2 from each district in REGION D 2A ! Graham - Richlands first game did not count, so the last game of year counts toward playoffs  - Everything still point based!!

That seems a bit off that Tazewell gets +1 points from their first game but Graham doesn’t??? That doesn’t seem logical or fair IMO. 

2 hours ago, FoxTrot said:

Yeah that’s gonna cause a major issue if you have some teams getting points and others not. 

It has to be uniform. Either they all count — or none count. 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

That seems a bit off that Tazewell gets +1 points from their first game but Graham doesn’t??? That doesn’t seem logical or fair IMO. 

Its not fair, but is the way it is set up.  It was agreed upon per SW District principals that first game graham-vs- richlands didnt count in terms of playoffs.  I think the M7 thought 1 way and SW another in terms of region representation. It was voted today by SW and M7 District confirming top 2 from each region was in fact the way it will be represented in terms of 4 region reps in playoffs.  To my understanding, Tazewell can lose Saturday, beat VA High next week and they are in regardless.  Graham still needs to win.  

18 minutes ago, FoxTrot said:

Its not fair, but is the way it is set up.  It was agreed upon per SW District principals that first game graham-vs- richlands didnt count in terms of playoffs.  I think the M7 thought 1 way and SW another in terms of region representation. It was voted today by SW and M7 District confirming top 2 from each region was in fact the way it will be represented in terms of 4 region reps in playoffs.  To my understanding, Tazewell can lose Saturday, beat VA High next week and they are in regardless.  Graham still needs to win.  

Well, Tazewell & Graham are from same district, it should at least be consistent as far as SWD is concerned. I get only the 2nd game between Richlands & Graham counting as far as district standings. It’s the points thing that is messed up with select games counting but others not especially when points will determine where games are played. 

26 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

So what happens IF Graham beats Tazewell but loses next week to Richlands?

Doom

If the 1st game counts for everyone Graham will finish with one loss and presumably be the #1 Seat in the SWD, Richlands/Tazewell would end up with 2 losses Richlands would have lost to A 1 loss Graham and a 2 Loss Tazewell, Tazewell would end up with a loss to 1 loss Graham and a 0 loss Riverhead.

Who is worth the Most Rider points (Losing to AA -2 team or a 1A 6-0 team?)

1 minute ago, Counts said:

Doom

If the 1st game counts for everyone Graham will finish with one loss and presumably be the #1 Seat in the SWD, Richlands/Tazewell would end up with 2 losses Richlands would have lost to A 1 loss Graham and a 2 Loss Tazewell, Tazewell would end up with a loss to 1 loss Graham and a 0 loss Riverhead.

Who is worth the Most Rider points (Losing to AA 4 -2 team or a 1A 6-0 team?)

4 minutes ago, Counts said:

Doom

Who is worth the Most Rider points (Losing to AA -2 team or a 1A 6-0 team?)

A 1A 6-0 team, because Riverheads would give 2A points.

I believe that in the M7, the games with Abingdon do not count now and in the SWD, that neither the first Graham/Richlands game nor the Tazewell/RIverheads game count towards points.  The regional final will be held at a neutral site. (So says my source from what was decided today).  

21 minutes ago, FootballFan67 said:

I believe that in the M7, the games with Abingdon do not count now and in the SWD, that neither the first Graham/Richlands game nor the Tazewell/RIverheads game count towards points.  The regional final will be held at a neutral site. (So says my source from what was decided today).  

By George, this makes sense!

That's clearly the most logical way to do it.  Top 2 each district, first SWD game and M7 games v. Abingdon don't count, neutral site for championship. SWD1 vs. M7 2, M7 1 v. SWD2, winners play somewhere in middle.

District winners host the number 2s, play title game in Bristol or Wise (if Central not involved. If they are, somewhere else, hell BSG) and that's your 2D playoffs.

1 hour ago, FootballFan67 said:

WAIT!!! Was logic and reason applied and a good solution adopted? Also, the Region 2D Championship Game at E&H should be on Saturday the 17th at 1pm

16 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

That's clearly the most logical way to do it.  Top 2 each district, first SWD game and M7 games v. Abingdon don't count, neutral site for championship. SWD1 vs. M7 2, M7 1 v. SWD2, winners play somewhere in middle.

District winners host the number 2s, play title game in Bristol or Wise (if Central not involved. If they are, somewhere else, hell BSG) and that's your 2D playoffs.

I, for one, wouldn’t mind playing it at Emory & Henry.  Those digs are nice.