SATURDAY, MARCH 20, 1:00

Twin Valley @ Honaker (HC)
 *Grundy @ Patrick Henry
    open - Hurley 

Marion @ Richlands   (HC)
Graham VS Va. High  -  AT 
   TENN High's Stone Castle
Ridgeview @ Gate City 

(Rye Cove @ John I. Burton  2:00) - CCD on Tues.

Auburn @ George Wythe
*Eastern Mont. @ Bland Co. 12:00 / 2:00

UPDATE : Alleghany VS. Giles - AT B'BURG HS - 12:00

UPDATE Narrows @ Covington - CCD
Parry McCluer @ Bath Co.

Glenvar @ Radford -  4:00

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = 

MONDAY, MARCH 22

*Twin Valley @ Twin Springs

5 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

What are the attendance guidelines for the Virginia High game thats played in Tennessee?

I heard 1000 but I could be misinformed. I know players get 4 tickets each maybe? Not sure about band/cheer, they might get the same. If so, that probably averages out to about a 1000 especially if coaches get tickets too. 

The team itself is not in quarantine but a large portion of the school is.  The principal elected to move all classes for RCHS and RCI to virtual until 3/25.  He also cancelled all sporting events until next week.  All athletic teams must practice virtually until Monday at least after discussing a plan going forward with the health department to move forward safely.

3 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

It does suck for the kids.  But it was also the smart call.  We have a really good administration in place currently at RC who don't rush to decisions or take them lightly.

Do you think they'll get to play again this season?

17 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

I'm confused, isn't this week 5 as some teams are playing their 5th game?  The post topic says Week 4.

Don’t get this started again! 😂😂😂

I believe it’s week 5. It’s the 5th column listed on the VHSL master schedule and some trams have played 5 games. 

VHSLhelper disagrees and says it’s week 4. 🤷🏻‍♂️

some teams are just playing their 3rd game... so is this week 3???

Week 1 had games on Mon. (opening day - which I can't rem. happening before) and those teams played again on Sat. ... so many that the master schedule listed the Mon. games on a separate date line - which does NOT say "week 1".

Teams were given 6 weeks to play 6 games...week 1 was 2/22-27. 

(If this IS week 5... where are the week 2 updates???????)

8 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Do you think they'll get to play again this season?

I do.  They plan to go forward as of now.  Just trying to stop the spread as much as possible with a lot of people on quarantine already.  My daughter is one that gets out now on Saturday due to an exposure. 

On 3/16/2021 at 7:55 PM, Gridiron60 said:

I heard 1000 but I could be misinformed. I know players get 4 tickets each maybe? Not sure about band/cheer, they might get the same. If so, that probably averages out to about a 1000 especially if coaches get tickets too. 

I don't think it is 1,000.  It has been on average probably around 500-600, and that would be topside attendance.  There is no general admission.  Only player request tickets of 4 each, plus 2 for band and cheerleaders.  

2 hours ago, FoxTrot said:

I don't think it is 1,000.  It has been on average probably around 500-600, and that would be topside attendance.  There is no general admission.  Only player request tickets of 4 each, plus 2 for band and cheerleaders.  

Wonder if we can expect a change in April since just saw that king ralphie says graduations can have 5000 or 30% outdoors which as we know are usually at football stadiums?  Says new guidelines coming for April.

7 hours ago, VHSLhelper said:

some teams are just playing their 3rd game... so is this week 3???

Week 1 had games on Mon. (opening day - which I can't rem. happening before) and those teams played again on Sat. ... so many that the master schedule listed the Mon. games on a separate date line - which does NOT say "week 1".

Teams were given 6 weeks to play 6 games...week 1 was 2/22-27. 

(If this IS week 5... where are the week 2 updates???????)

Some teams have played no games is this week zero

2 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Wonder if we can expect a change in April since just saw that king ralphie says graduations can have 5000 or 30% outdoors which as we know are usually at football stadiums?  Says new guidelines coming for April.

If he does, that will good for the playoff teams.  Why couldn't it have been done before now is beyond me!

1 hour ago, FoxTrot said:

If he does, that will good for the playoff teams.  Why couldn't it have been done before now is beyond me!

Even if we can see one game in person that would be better than nothing