week 4 (Spring) sched. & updates

VHSLhelper

3 hours ago, Canes00 said:

How has Marion scored 14 lol 

Marion has some athletes. Just not enough of them. First TD was a screen pass and he broke a tackle and there wasn’t anyone else on that side of the field to catch him. Second one was a good drive with a few nicely placed passes. Was impressed with the QB. He made some throws. 

3 hours ago, GMan said:

Richlands is looking classy today...may as well put the starters back in and hit 70+ at this point...

The starters never took the field on offense in the 2nd half. Webb scored on a punt return TD and the backups scored one TD. I hardly call that running up the score. 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Look who the head coach is that will explain it

We get it. Thad peed in your Cheerios. You don’t have to keep letting the world know every single week. 

19 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Marion has some athletes. Just not enough of them. First TD was a screen pass and he broke a tackle and there wasn’t anyone else on that side of the field to catch him. Second one was a good drive with a few nicely placed passes. Was impressed with the QB. He made some throws. 

The starters never took the field on offense in the 2nd half. Webb scored on a punt return TD and the backups scored one TD. I hardly call that running up the score. 🤷🏻‍♂️

We get it. Thad peed in your Cheerios. You don’t have to keep letting the world know every single week. 

If you get it then don't feel the need to reply...don't get upset someone said something negative about the al mighty Richlands coach

3 hours ago, frito gonzales said:

Graham can't seem to cut down on the penalties. Tazewell may surprise them if they keep having so many penalties. Penalties are Graham's weakness.

Wouldn't be a surprise. You play and battle equally, and minus a turnover, have a chance to beat Riverheads, then any game you win at the 1A or 2A level in Virginia is not an upset.  Riverheads, I hate to say it, really is that good. I think if Tazewell and Richland's played again, the score would be worse now that Tazewell has accomplished the mental hurdle. The best thing for Graham would be to come out and score 2 quick scores on Tazewell. That would be a mental task to much to overcome. If Tazewell has that game tied at halftime, Graham I think will be in trouble.  I think the Dogs ready available talent this year, with all those seniors, when looking at all 22 starters (most players playing both ways of course) is right there with Graham. Next yr, big drop off for Tazewell, but this season, they are as talented as any 2A team in Virginia, including Appo and Stuart's Draft.

21 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

If you get it then don't feel the need to reply...don't get upset someone said something negative about the al mighty Richlands coach

Say whatever you want about him. But find something new for gods sake. It gets old hearing you say the same things on repeat over and over and over and over and over. 

5 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

I’m not entirely unconvinced that it wasn’t a ploy to outdo Tazewell’s 61 from last year.

Didn’t the  Richlands radio guy said on air Richlands goal for the game was to put 60 on the board. Mission accomplished I guess against a very young Marion team. 

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

Say whatever you want about him. But find something new for gods sake. It gets old hearing you say the same things on repeat over and over and over and over and over. 

I will say what I want about him but thanks for your input....and if you don't like it just bypass it 

17 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

All I can say is WHY???

Taken out of context. What Ben was saying was that he was in the field house he said they wanted to put 60 up because it meant they figured out how to put the ball in the end zone. This team has had a terrible time scoring 6 this season, and scoring 60 means you’ve actually put the ball in the end zone. From the way I too it, it wasn’t “let’s put 60 up on Marion because we can.” It was more of a let’s actually score touchdowns and not 4 FGs. 

But that’s just one persons opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Taken out of context. What Ben was saying was that he was in the field house he said they wanted to put 60 up because it meant they figured out how to put the ball in the end zone. This team has had a terrible time scoring 6 this season, and scoring 60 means you’ve actually put the ball in the end zone. From the way I too it, it wasn’t “let’s put 60 up on Marion because we can.” It was more of a let’s actually score touchdowns and not 4 FGs. 

But that’s just one persons opinion. 

Hahaha

Devastating loss for the Bobcats to Glenvar 16-14.   I was hoping we could be in contention or have a chance in the end.  Still do I guess, but that same Glenvar team lost to Stuarts Draft 27-0.  We likely aren't on the level this year of Appo, Graham, Draft, Graham, Tazewell, Central.