Appomattox begins round 2 of their games.

BoBob

While the first game was won 42-6 I think the QB for Altavista had more yards than the Raiders would have liked to give up.
He is fast for sure, (state champion in the 60 meter dash this year) so he will get some yards if he is able to get outside on you.
Hard to motivate a team to play another team the second time around when they beat them by 36 points the first time.
The Raiders need to set goals of "points by half time" and "amount of yards allowed by half time"

I think you may start seeing some starters playing more in the second half (if this does in fact become ugly). Unfortunately the Raiders are put in a hard position. They either play football and run their offense for 4 quarters and possibly make some ugly scores or they call off the dogs if they get up big by half. The later of those options though doesn't help them to be the best team they can be come playoffs.
In saying all that though, they could roll into any of these game over confident and get a burnt.

Hate that this is their schedule. So wish we could see if anyone in the Seminole is in need of a game.

8 minutes ago, BoBob said:

While the first game was won 42-6 I think the QB for Altavista had more yards than the Raiders would have liked to give up.
He is fast for sure, (state champion in the 60 meter dash this year) so he will get some yards if he is able to get outside on you.
Hard to motivate a team to play another team the second time around when they beat them by 36 points the first time.
The Raiders need to set goals of "points by half time" and "amount of yards allowed by half time"

I think you may start seeing some starters playing more in the second half (if this does in fact become ugly). Unfortunately the Raiders are put in a hard position. They either play football and run their offense for 4 quarters and possibly make some ugly scores or they call off the dogs if they get up big by half. The later of those options though doesn't help them to be the best team they can be come playoffs.
In saying all that though, they could roll into any of these game over confident and get a burnt.

Hate that this is their schedule. So wish we could see if anyone in the Seminole is in need of a game.

I could be mistaken, but my understanding is that Jefferson Forest has pretty much pulled the plug on their spring season.  So it's likely that all other Seminole schools have that hole to fill.  And even if those district members have already made arrangements, that is still subject to change.  Case in point.... Liberty (Bedford) moved quickly to replace JF with Bassett.  But then that fell through and they wound up playing Broadway this past Friday.  All of that transpired within about a week's time.

Of course the obvious obstacle for Appomattox might also be that nobody would want to take them on.

39 minutes ago, RichlandsAlum said:

I could be mistaken, but my understanding is that Jefferson Forest has pretty much pulled the plug on their spring season.  So it's likely that all other Seminole schools have that hole to fill.  And even if those district members have already made arrangements, that is still subject to change.  Case in point.... Liberty (Bedford) moved quickly to replace JF with Bassett.  But then that fell through and they wound up playing Broadway this past Friday.  All of that transpired within about a week's time.

Of course the obvious obstacle for Appomattox might also be that nobody would want to take them on.

Not sure our AD would actively seek another team.  Wish he would to help out the program but I don't see them playing anyone but the same three again.