week 5 (Spring) sched. & updates

VHSLhelper

28-3 VA High over Marion in the 3rd.

First two possessions of the 3rd quarter for Marion end in turnovers, next two end with turnover on downs deep in their own territory, including one on their 10 yard line.

The next time someone tries to defend Tim Smith's coaching abilities, might be a good idea to keep it to yourself.

8 minutes ago, Plywood_King said:

28-3 VA High over Marion in the 3rd.

First two possessions of the 3rd quarter for Marion end in turnovers, next two end with turnover on downs deep in their own territory, including one on their 10 yard line.

The next time someone tries to defend Tim Smith's coaching abilities, might be a good idea to keep it to yourself.

Is Marion that bad?

Just now, Pioneer said:

Is Marion that bad?

Questionable calls, lots of turnovers, and very poor coaching decisions have caused this one to snowball. Unless, I've forgotten something, all of VA High's scoring drives started in Marion territory. 

They're not as bad as the score would dictate, but they're not good.

Great game so far.  I had Tazewell winning the game by 3 points in the Tazewell thread.  Tazewell in my opinion, and contrary to what I thought and contrary to the Graham announcers, has not dominated the line of scrimmage on Graham.  I think Graham has played them even up on the line of scrimmage and its a draw.  The difference in the game has been the one athletic play by Tazewell and exactly what I touched on with Graham, that they would have a problem in the passing game with tighter coverage, and what would the QB do in that situation.  Do you throw the ball up in the air or in triple coverage, or throw it away or tuck and run.  The game has been a very good one, but I think Graham has held it's own on the line against Tazewell.  The problem for Graham is......Tazewell has held its own against them on the line, and they are BLANKETING Graham in coverage in the passing game and Tazewell's WR's are MUCH more wide open than Grahams.

But, lets be honest, Bradshaw can't get his feet planted.  The speed factor for him and his prowess is clearly affected by the playing surface and there's no question that is a factor, but........two teams are playing on it, not one.

21 minutes ago, frito gonzales said:

Graham taking a beat down.  Almost halftime.

Tazewell 10

Graham 0 

Great game and I picked the Dogs, but I wouldn't call it a "beatdown."  Key turnovers in key moments and one big play have been the difference.  I think Tazewell holds on and wins, but it's not over yet.

Graham’s offense is going to have to figure it. Defense despite the 10-0 lead for Tazewell is not doing that badly but definitely need to hold them on that opening drive of 2nd half. GMen are better than what they’ve shown. Tazewell living up to the hype. Kudos to them on their halftime lead 10-0.