week 5 (Spring) sched. & updates

VHSLhelper

Wow.  Great opening by Graham.  This is one heck of a contest.  I actually think Tazewell out athleted Graham in the first half and that the lineplay was even up.  Graham held its own with Tazewell.  In the second half, Graham has dominated the line of scrimmage, but two Tazewell turnovers inside their own 30 is self destruction at the complete level.

1 minute ago, PCLR32 said:

Wow.  Great opening by Graham.  This is one heck of a contest.  I actually think Tazewell out athleted Graham in the first half and that the lineplay was even up.  Graham held its own with Tazewell.  In the second half, Graham has dominated the line of scrimmage, but two Tazewell turnovers inside their own 30 is self destruction at the complete level.

I said this game would come down to penalties and mistakes...

That QB option to read the Defensive End is eating Graham alive.  Appo did the same to Graham in the playoffs.  Graham is biting on that fake and Nunley is reading it perfectly.  

That's heart by Tazewell and very, very similar to Richlands in the mid 4th.  Tazewell got punched in the face and they get the ball at their own 35ish, and everyone in the stadium knows they are running the ball.  What do they do?  Exactly what they did to Richlands.  The run the ball 10 straight plays for a TD (almost).  That's absolutely demoralizing to a defense.  It also shows Tazewell ability to run when they need to.  When they absolutely have to, and they do!  But Graham isn't Richlands this year.  Graham holds for the field goal and this thing continues to be a dogfight (pun intended).  Great game man!!!!

Neutral fan from Giles here with no team in the fight, just watching a great game, but a DISASTER FILLED decision by the Graham coaching staff that could cost them the game.  On 2nd and 5 from the Tazewell 16, you have been gashing them running the ball down field and Tazewell can't stop the run.  He intends a pass to the flat and it's incomplete, then the next play, he runs the QB to the hash for the inexperienced kicker.  That decision may cost Graham the football game.  I said this earlier in the Tazewell vs Graham thread, can Graham be patient enough with the run.  Meaning.....can the Graham coaching staff be patient with the run.  They answered that right there.  Major mistake.  They may escape it, but an absolutely huge offensive coaching mistake by Graham.

Now with only 1.27 left, you have to throw it at least some, and Tazewell knows that.  Graham may get it, but should of and had the chance to put them away with 2.5 minutes left.  Now, you put yourself with little time and the chances for OT where anything can happen.  I'm amazed by that call with the pass on 2nd and 5 at the Tazewell 16.