Thoughts on the 2021 baseball season

Pioneer

5 hours ago, Pioneer said:

Quite possibly, if the Pioneers bring their A game its going to be hard to beat them. They've been in a little bit of a slump lately and they still find ways to win and that's a mark of a championship caliber team. 

I agree if they’re in a slump and only give up 3 runs in their past 3 games they will win some ball games

Lebanon's bats finally came alive against Marion with a 15 to 1 win, which included a grand slam homerun. Pioneers finish regular season 12-0. I heard that If things stand as they are, they may have a show down with a really good Chatham team in the state quarters or semis. Chatham to my knowledge is also undefeated and  the reigning State Champs. 

2 hours ago, Pioneer said:

Lebanon's bats finally came alive against Marion with a 15 to 1 win, which included a grand slam homerun. Pioneers finish regular season 12-0. I heard that If things stand as they are, they may have a show down with a really good Chatham team in the state quarters or semis. Chatham to my knowledge is also undefeated and  the reigning State Champs. 

Lebanon is definitely the favorite coming in, but they have had very close games with VA HIGH and Tazewell.  There isn't a sure thing that they reach state.  If pitching falls right for both of those teams in the Region, Lebanon will have their hands full.  VA High has faced older Buchanan twice, and put the ball in play against him quite a bit in the last matchup.  If you get caught looking ahead, one of those 2 teams could bite you!

I do think the pioneers will still be hot going into the hogo next year bc they will have the younger Buchanan the younger speedy hertig the freshman lefty and their jv team was only beaten one time.

On 6/4/2021 at 9:19 AM, FoxTrot said:

Lebanon is definitely the favorite coming in, but they have had very close games with VA HIGH and Tazewell.  There isn't a sure thing that they reach state.  If pitching falls right for both of those teams in the Region, Lebanon will have their hands full.  VA High has faced older Buchanan twice, and put the ball in play against him quite a bit in the last matchup.  If you get caught looking ahead, one of those 2 teams could bite you!

The main problem with Lebanon is that they are over thinking during the game instead of just naturally reacting. They have been their own worst enemy. I agree teams like Tazewell and VA High and maybe even Central could beat them if they play their best game and Lebanon plays poorly. However,  Lebanon has won every game no matter the circumstances...they just tend to find a way to win. That is the character of a champion. If the older Buchanan gets hot and their bats come alive like they did against Marion, the region will be theirs to lose. I also agree they are going to have to play much better to win the state.