Richlands vs Graham

Gridiron60

Richlands has improved since the first meeting. I think key for Graham’s defense is to limit Webb’s ball handling and step up pressure on Cox. Defense played well against Tazewell. As far as offense, O line held its own against a slightly bigger and overall more seasoned Tazewell line. I’d run it as much as I could & be very stingy with passing game unless it’s short passes. I look for Richlands to key in on Bradshaw more so than Fritz. I could be wrong though, won’t be the first time. 

5 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I'll take Graham at home in a close one.  

I don’t think my heart can take another one like tonight. I hope you’re predicting skills are accurate. I’d hate a 3 way tie and one team stays home because their name wasn’t picked from a hat. 

12 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I don’t think my heart can take another one like tonight. I hope you’re predicting skills are accurate. I’d hate a 3 way tie and one team stays home because their name wasn’t picked from a hat. 

Yes.  I think they dropped the ball on this one.  Tie breaker based on power points would have been better.  Richlands will come to play knowing they have a shot at the playoffs.  I'm sure Grahams coaches will have them ready.  Tazewell should open that offense up more.   

I’m going with graham in this one. All there is to beating Richlands is containing Webb. In my opinion from watching them against the dogs, Logan Steele is just as much of a threat is Webb is. Contain them 2, and you have them beat. Cause god forgive me, but all you have to do is get Cox out of the pocket and it’s over. I’m going with Graham 35-17

9 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Yes.  I think they dropped the ball on this one.  Tie breaker based on power points would have been better.  Richlands will come to play knowing they have a shot at the playoffs.  I'm sure Grahams coaches will have them ready.  Tazewell should open that offense up more.   

i dont disagree with what you are saying, but if they all played the same schedule with one loss wouldn't power points be the same for the 3?

51 minutes ago, HaloSports2 said:

i dont disagree with what you are saying, but if they all played the same schedule with one loss wouldn't power points be the same for the 3?

No.  Im talking about counting power points for out of district also.  Sorry needed to clarify.

10 hours ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

I’m going with graham in this one. All there is to beating Richlands is containing Webb. In my opinion from watching them against the dogs, Logan Steele is just as much of a threat is Webb is. Contain them 2, and you have them beat. Cause god forgive me, but all you have to do is get Cox out of the pocket and it’s over. I’m going with Graham 35-17

If Tazewell opens up that offense more.  I think they would be the  team to beat. I agree with you about Graham.  Of course, if you can contain Bradshaw and Fritz for Graham, Richlands has a shot.  Josiah Jordan shut Bradshaw down, but Fritz got loose a couple times too many.

16 hours ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

Richlands has improved across the board since their first meeting with Graham, and I don't usually count them out, however, I agree with you. Cox is one-dimensional, and Graham will take the win.

Definitely think Graham wins but in a closer one than I had thought. I liked what I've seen from Richlands since that opening week. I think we all knew once Richlands got more comfortable with the new scheme they would be a different team than week 1. 

I also think Graham has improved and their line has been pretty dominant from what I've seen. I still see a lot of question marks around that Graham offense though.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the score very close at the end of the 1st half during the first weeks matchup? I remember sloppy play but it is a rivalry game and anything can happen in a rivalry game.

Graham wins 31-21

Richlands weakness from what I've watched in several games is passes dropping in over the top.  If you can place it in there, it can be taken to the house.  Richlands can crash through the line and if pressure gets on Blevins, he is not accurate.  Graham takes this in a closer one but not as close as either Tazewell game.

On 3/27/2021 at 11:10 PM, Real Sasquatch said:

I'll take Graham at home in a close one.  But Richlands will pull out all the stops.  Should be another good game. Tazewell County has 3 very good teams this season.  

Tazewell count schools -379 rest of the SW- 50. The Tazewell county teams are in a league of their own this season and the crazy think is Graham and Richlands have a good bit coming back. Bad news for the rest of the district

7 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Richlands weakness from what I've watched in several games is passes dropping in over the top.  If you can place it in there, it can be taken to the house.  Richlands can crash through the line and if pressure gets on Blevins, he is not accurate.  Graham takes this in a closer one but not as close as either Tazewell game.

I would like to see the Blevins who came in for Lester at Richlands when Lester was ejected. Blevins did have a couple nice runs Saturday night. You don't see that too often. Hopefully, the O Line gives him plenty of time to throw. By the same token I hope our D Line can drive Cox out of the pocket quickly. I also hope Richlands can't take Bradshaw out of game like Tazewell did. Dawgs did a nice job making one of our playmakers a nonfactor. If Tazewell & Graham were to meet again this season, Graham needs a different game plan to offset Bradshaw being covered up. 

Fact...Richlands is much better now than in Week 1.  Graham, maybe not.  If you think this game will end up a 20 point margin like game 1, you're nucking futz.  This game will be as close as the Tazewell game was and either team could win...or lose...

I don't think Richlands has the talent level up front that Graham does, including the athletes.  Richlands has improved and could surely win it in my opinion, but I would be shocked.  I think Graham wins it by 7-10 points.  Something like 27-17, 31-21, etc.  Graham's offensive line really showed me something in the second half of that Tazewell game.  Graham's offensive line is flat out nasty.  Going to surely be closer than the first one in final score, but I just don't think Richlands is as good as Tazewell and Graham this year, even though the Blues are still pretty darn good.  If a team like Graham is 7-10 pts better than a team like Richlands, at the High School Level, a few turnovers and penalties can easily shift that 7-10 point differential in talent to a win for Richlands.  The same goes the other way.  If the Blues have a couple of untimely turnovers and untimely penalties, that 7-10 pts can go to 21 points in a hurry.  My guess is is 28-20, Graham wins it and the game still in contention in the 4th qtr.

3 hours ago, PCLR32 said:

I don't think Richlands has the talent level up front that Graham does, including the athletes.  Richlands has improved and could surely win it in my opinion, but I would be shocked.  I think Graham wins it by 7-10 points.  Something like 27-17, 31-21, etc.  Graham's offensive line really showed me something in the second half of that Tazewell game.  Graham's offensive line is flat out nasty.  Going to surely be closer than the first one in final score, but I just don't think Richlands is as good as Tazewell and Graham this year, even though the Blues are still pretty darn good.  If a team like Graham is 7-10 pts better than a team like Richlands, at the High School Level, a few turnovers and penalties can easily shift that 7-10 point differential in talent to a win for Richlands.  The same goes the other way.  If the Blues have a couple of untimely turnovers and untimely penalties, that 7-10 pts can go to 21 points in a hurry.  My guess is is 28-20, Graham wins it and the game still in contention in the 4th qtr.

The real question is , will the game even take place? I presume we’ll know more by this time tomorrow. 

Word at Walmart is that there's a few conspiracy theories floating around the SWD with the #1 being - Could it be that a certain teams athletes didn't pass the old pee test Friday. It's a crazy year & it's interesting that all of this happens from the M7 shenanigans last week (Ridgeview done the day after) to the rule changes regarding power points in the SWD today. 

Someone send this to Crigger on After The Whistle it's sure to stump him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Blue-Neck Nation said:

Word at Walmart is that there's a few conspiracy theories floating around the SWD with the #1 being - Could it be that a certain teams athletes didn't pass the old pee test Friday. It's a crazy year & it's interesting that all of this happens from the M7 shenanigans last week (Ridgeview done the day after) to the rule changes regarding power points in the SWD today. 

Someone send this to Crigger on After The Whistle it's sure to stump him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure why VDH would be making phone calls regarding pee tests and quarantining people  over tainted urine but whatever conspiracy helps you sleep better at night 😂. Powerpoints should have been the standard anyway especially if breaking a tie. Drawing from a hat is stupid if the overall records are different and power points are different. 

2 minutes ago, Blue-Neck Nation said:

Is Graham quarantined or on vacation. Funny thing there's not much being mentioned about it on this board. 

Did I mention Graham was quarantined? I didn’t reference a particular team or school. I did read on another post, they were on vacation. I could go for a nice vacation myself. Thursday sounds like a good day to head south for warmer temperatures. 😂

8 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Did I mention Graham was quarantined? I didn’t reference a particular team or school. I did read on another post, they were on vacation. I could go for a nice vacation myself. Thursday sounds like a good day to head south for warmer temperatures. 😂

I hear Myrtle Beach is nice this time of year.