Richlands vs Graham

Gridiron60

29 minutes ago, Blue-Neck Nation said:

Like the Weatherman Graham quarantined? Legitimate ? that no one will answer

So your theory is, or you’re implying, Graham is faking Covid to get out of playing Richlands????  If they’re in a fake quarantine, that would leave, what a couple days to prepare for Union??? That totally sounds legit 🙄 . Grasping much??  

I don’t have a kid on the team so I can not say for 100% what’s going on but I’ll make a trip to Bluefield Walmart tomorrow to see what I can find out & we’ll compare notes then. 

18 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Not sure why VDH would be Tphone calls regarding pee tests and quarantining people  over tainted urine but whatever conspiracy helps you sleep better at night 😂. Powerpoints should have been the standard anyway especially if breaking a tie. Drawing from a hat is stupid if the overall records are different and power points are different. 

This, I agree with.  PowerPoints should have been the tie breaker, all along.  Draw from a hat?  What is this 1940?

15 minutes ago, Blue-Neck Nation said:

Is Graham quarantined or on vacation. Funny thing there's not much being mentioned about it on this board. 

If something is mentioned on this board people take 100% to heart. Doesn't anyone have a sense of humor?? 

YES THEY ARE QUARANTINED! 

Let's get some crayons out and draw you a picture.

1 minute ago, Mountain Football said:

If something is mentioned on this board people take 100% to heart. Doesn't anyone have a sense of humor?? 

YES THEY ARE QUARANTINED! 

Let's get some crayons out and draw you a picture.

Oh man, you spoiled the fun, lol! We could have kept this going all night long. 😂

Seriously, what person in their right mind would think Graham is happy about this or planned it? Geez! People need a wet noodle upside the head. 

48 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Oh man, you spoiled the fun, lol! We could have kept this going all night long. 😂

Seriously, what person in their right mind would think Graham is happy about this or planned it? Geez! People need a wet noodle upside the head. 

I think you're taking what he said wayyyyyyyyy too seriously. He's getting y'all allllll riled up and it's working lol.

2 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

I think you're taking what he said wayyyyyyyyy too seriously. He's getting y'all allllll riled up and it's working lol.

Actually, I think he.can’t read between the lines and sarcasm is lost in the translation. I’m not riled up at all but rather amused. 🤣😉

Just posted on the Graham High School Facebook page:

"Due to COVID related quarantines, the football game between Richlands High School and Graham High School scheduled for Friday, April 2, 2021 is cancelled. The regional playoff schedule will be released at a later date."

29 minutes ago, bgibb said:

Just posted on the Graham High School Facebook page:

"Due to COVID related quarantines, the football game between Richlands High School and Graham High School scheduled for Friday, April 2, 2021 is cancelled. The regional playoff schedule will be released at a later date."

So what’s this mean for playoff placement?

14 minutes ago, Bulldogs52 said:

It means Graham is for sure in the playoffs!  This might not be the only game cancelled in Tazewell County this week....STAY TUNED!

14 minutes ago, Bulldogs52 said:

It depends on the timelines and exactly how many players/coaches are affected.  Best case scenario, no additional cases occur and Graham’s simply inconvenienced by having a short week to prepare for Union.  Worst case scenario, coaches/players continue to come down with it, and Graham is unable to field a team in Round 1.

i have no clue what the SWD (who is responsible for selecting jts playoff participants) would do.  Would they slide Tazewell to the #1 spot and select Richlands at the #2 spot?  Would it simply be a forfeit where Union advances?  I just hope Graham’s able to play.

2 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

It depends on the timelines and exactly how many players/coaches are affected.  Best case scenario, no additional cases occur and Graham’s simply inconvenienced by having a short week to prepare for Union.  Worst case scenario, coaches/players continue to come down with it, and Graham is unable to field a team in Round 1.

i have no clue what the SWD (who is responsible for selecting jts playoff participants) would do.  Would they slide Tazewell to the #1 spot and select Richlands at the #2 spot?  Would it simply be a forfeit where Union advances?  I just hope Graham’s able to play.

I hope they all are able to play. Is Tazewell in quarantine as well? If so, what would happen to the seeding? Definitely questions that may have to be addressed soon, but I hope not.

39 minutes ago, Bulldogs52 said:

I would presume nothing changes unless Graham reschedules Saturday playoff game to Monday??? I don’t see that happening though. Of course, I guess that’s depends on if anymore cases occur. Best case scenario,  Tazewell still goes to Central & Union travels to Graham. Someone with more knowledge may know better but that’s my take on it. 

Just now, Union_Fan said:

Biggest loser. Tazewell and Graham are the biggest winners. There is no chance of a 3 way tie now, and no chance for Richlands to get into the playoffs.

What about if Richlands beats Radford? 

2 minutes ago, Bulldogs52 said:

????? If this is a plus one game it has no ramifications on the playoffs.

It's not a +1, it's a fill in game for the canceled Graham game, which will benefit Radford as 2C is going by power points but will have no bearing on 2D since 2D is taking the top two teams from the M7/SWD district. 

Just now, Tigerman10 said:

What about if Richlands beats Radford? 

Doesn't count. Unless they change the rules, only district games count, for Reg 2D at least. It would essentially be a consolation game prior to the plus 1 game on the 9th.

1 minute ago, Union_Fan said:

Doesn't count. Unless they change the rules, only district games count, for Reg 2D at least. It would essentially be a consolation game prior to the plus 1 game on the 9th.

Actually they decided yesterday to go by power points.  Richlands left out either way.  All games matter. Richlands can still get in if Graham is still quarantined.  There is a remote chance of them getting in now since they are going by points if Union loses.