Richlands vs Graham

Gridiron60

10 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Actually they decided yesterday to go by power points.  Richlands left out either way.  All games matter. Richlands can still get in if Graham is still quarantined.  There is a remote chance of them getting in now since they are going by points if Union loses.

Is Richlands not ahead of Union in PP? I didn't know they changed it yesterday. 

5 minutes ago, appyvol said:

Is Richlands not ahead of Union in PP? I didn't know they changed it yesterday. 

As of now

Graham 2 2D Southwest 5 0 0 4 0 0 22.40000
Central-Wise 2 2D Mountain 7 4 1 0 4 1 0 18.80000
Tazewell 2 2D Southwest 3 2 0 3 1 0 17.60000
Richlands 2 2D Southwest 3 2 0 3 1 0 16.80000
Union 2 2D Mountain 7 3 2 0 3 2 0 16.00000
Ridgeview 2 2D Mountain 7 2 1 0 2 1 0 15.33333

Union loss and Richlands win locks their spots.  That's why I asked are they taking the top two in each district regardless or not.  Union win over Eastside would boost them with no game by Richlands.  Richlands win keeps standings same no matter what.

No matter what happens somebody will get screwed.

2 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

As of now

Graham 2 2D Southwest 5 0 0 4 0 0 22.40000
Central-Wise 2 2D Mountain 7 4 1 0 4 1 0 18.80000
Tazewell 2 2D Southwest 3 2 0 3 1 0 17.60000
Richlands 2 2D Southwest 3 2 0 3 1 0 16.80000
Union 2 2D Mountain 7 3 2 0 3 2 0 16.00000
Ridgeview 2 2D Mountain 7 2 1 0 2 1 0 15.33333

I might be wrong.  Sorry maybe powerpoints are being used in each district to determine top 2 in each district.  Maybe somebody that lnows for sure can clarify.  All I know is there was a meeting and  they are using points now.

My understanding is top two from each district as voted on last week. Power points are being used in SWD as decided upon yesterday. 

Union #2 M7 vs Graham #1 SWD

Tazewell #2 SWD vs Central #1 M7

This is no ordinary season but I believe this is the most accurate interpretation of what has transpired. Not sure what happens if Graham is still quarantined next Saturday? My hope is, they will play as scheduled and quarantine lifted by then. 

5 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

They might but I don’t think it  helps them overtake Tazewell even if they win. 

See other thread...quick answer no they don't

Sounds like all is locked in already with the wildcard of Graham having to decide by next Tuesday if they are clear to play the first round or not.

6 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

See other thread...quick answer no they don't

Sounds like all is locked in already with the wildcard of Graham having to decide by next Tuesday if they are clear to play the first round or not.

It’s my understanding, players have to quarantine for 7 days. The ones that tested positive have to have a negative test to return to play. I’m just going by what was done in basketball & wrestling. I believe it was JV players not varsity that tested positive though. I’m crossing my fingers & toes, it all works out for them to play Union on Saturday. 

1 minute ago, Gridiron60 said:

It’s my understanding, players have to quarantine for 7 days. The ones that tested positive have to have a negative test to return to play. I believe it was JV players not varsity that tested positive though. I’m crossing my fingers & toes, it all works out for them to play Union on Saturday. 

My info tells me that it was Graham players that had tested but was negative but still have to quarantine.  I don't know about Tazewell situation.  I assume it was since they were in contact but I really don't know.

2 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

My info tells me that it was Graham players that had tested but was negative but still have to quarantine.  I don't know about Tazewell situation.  I assume it was since they were in contact but I really don't know.

VDH protocol, in contact you quarantine even if you’re negatIve. Been there, done that. Not sure about how it affects Tazewell. I would think a JV player didn’t really have close contact at the game with Tazewell players. 

1 minute ago, Gridiron60 said:

VDH protocol, in contact you quarantine even if you’re negatIve. Been there, done that. Not sure about how it affects Tazewell. I would think a JV player didn’t really have close contact at the game with Tazewell players. 

Tazewell would have played this weekend but for the cancellation, which should be an indication.

2 minutes ago, SpillBoss said:

I had heard someone at Va High had tested positive.

16 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Tazewell would have played this weekend but for the cancellation, which should be an indication.

Don't like it for anybody but glad to hear good for us.  Sucks for anybody don't get me wrong but anything that would kill these boys chance after all they have been through the past few years would be heartbreaking.

40 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

My understanding is top two from each district as voted on last week. Power points are being used in SWD as decided upon yesterday. 

Union #2 M7 vs Graham #1 SWD

Tazewell #2 SWD vs Central #1 M7

This is no ordinary season but I believe this is the most accurate interpretation of what has transpired. Not sure what happens if Graham is still quarantined next Saturday? My hope is, they will play as scheduled and quarantine lifted by then. 

Thanks.  I think you nailed it.

38 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

It’s my understanding, players have to quarantine for 7 days. The ones that tested positive have to have a negative test to return to play. I’m just going by what was done in basketball & wrestling. I believe it was JV players not varsity that tested positive though. I’m crossing my fingers & toes, it all works out for them to play Union on Saturday. 

This is my understanding also.  They will all have to quarantine for 7 days (new CDC guidelines)  can resume practice on Tuesday.  Those who tested positive will not be able to practice or play unless they get a negative test result.  Graham can return to play.  It may be minus any still testing positive.  

Hate to hear about any player, coach, or trainer getting this nasty covid.  Hope all deserving teams get to play in the playoffs.  The only question I have is if Richlands doesn't have anything to gain from playing Radford, then why even play and subject your players to injury, or worst case contacting covid?  I mean if it doesn't count, nor help their chances of making the playoffs, I for one don't see the value of playing. From what I'm reading on the board, even if Graham cannot make the playoffs, due to covid, then Richlands still doesn't stand a chance, and if this be the case, why play a game that doesn't have any value?  Maybe someone with more knowledge of the situation can answer my question.

5 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

Hate to hear about any player, coach, or trainer getting this nasty covid.  Hope all deserving teams get to play in the playoffs.  The only question I have is if Richlands doesn't have anything to gain from playing Radford, then why even play and subject your players to injury, or worst case contacting covid?  I mean if it doesn't count, nor help their chances of making the playoffs, I for one don't see the value of playing. From what I'm reading on the board, even if Graham cannot make the playoffs, due to covid, then Richlands still doesn't stand a chance, and if this be the case, why play a game that doesn't have any value?  Maybe someone with more knowledge of the situation can answer my question.

I agree with you completely on this since you will get the +1 anyway.

Other than the fact of hoping for experience and and hoping for more exposure, I see no value in the game as well.

Looks like Radford is the one with things at stake in this game.  Radford is short 2 games and it looks like if they win and Ft loses they can jump into the 4 spot.

Every team was already getting a shortened season with only 6 regular season games and either playoffs or plus-1.   Graham not being able to play this week just took a game from a senior, and a chance at the playoffs. and with covid , there are no certainty of next weeks plus-1 game being played.   Richlands , with a new coach , junior and sophomore skill players would jump at the chance to play Radford or anyone i would imagine.