Richlands vs Graham

Gridiron60

4 hours ago, stu_bean said:

My info tells me that it was Graham players that had tested but was negative but still have to quarantine.  I don't know about Tazewell situation.  I assume it was since they were in contact but I really don't know.

No news is good news.

7 hours ago, GDUB said:

are they really arguing that Richlands has a shot against graham and graham is scared of Richlands and is faking a covid?? get out of here!!! graham would put the smack down on richlands if they would play again just like the first game. 

Did Graham get Covid on purpose? Of course not. And I hope those kids recover quickly. 

Did this &@$! Richlands out of even having a chance? Absolutely. 

The SWD got what they wanted. Moved the goalposts all season. Hope they can sleep better tonight. 

If I was in charge of Richlands athletics, I’d be leaving the district at the first possible moment. 

I understand and agree with Covid precautions and game cancellations, and for the most part, our region has been fortunate regarding quarantines and cancellations up to now. (I know there are been a lot of horrible  illness and greater consequences, but let's keep the page to football.)

But what reason has been given for all of the rule changes? Shouldn’t the rules and criteria for playoffs be set BEFORE the season? How can this happen?

For the person who said why play Radford if it doesn’t count… 1-like someone said, for the experience, and 2-the first Graham game was not supposed to count, and now it does… maybe the rules will change again. Precedent has been set multiple times this week.  

No offense to anybody, but who goes into a game with the mindset that it doesn't count?  Every game counts, Thats exactly how Graham approached the first game.  Again, I understand some of the frustration, but you have to win the games put in front of you and make no excuses when you lose, like "it doesn't count".  I say Graham was the bettee team that day  Richlands made a lot of improvement throughout the season and I think another matchup would have been one heck of a game.  Covid is to blame for this.  Covid caused people to change things.  One or 2 schools is not responsible for how an entire district voted.  

Real Sasquatch, the talk on the street. Principals from Richlands, Tazewell and Graham met .Richlands agreed to play Graham, once they were covid free, but the other two voted to count the games. They should have put 3 numbers, in a hat , the odd man out. LOL

1 minute ago, Irishman said:

Real Sasquatch, the talk on the street. Principals from Richlands, Tazewell and Graham met .Richlands agreed to play Graham, once they were covid free, but the other two voted to count the games. They should have put 3 numbers, in a hat , the odd man out. LOL

They wouldn't have time. The playoff teams must be set by a certain day and from what I understand, there's little to no chance they could make up the game before the deadline. 

The cold hard truth is, Richlands had their chance in week one. This sucks for them and the situation sucks and it's not fair, but if they beat Graham in week one, they're in and Graham is at home.

29 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Did Graham get Covid on purpose? Of course not. And I hope those kids recover quickly. 

The SWD got what they wanted. Moved the goalposts all season. Hope they can sleep better tonight. 

If I was in charge of Richlands athletics, I’d be leaving the district at the first possible moment. 

Bwahahahahahahahahahaahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahaahahhahahahahahahhahahaha. 

15 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

No offense to anybody, but who goes into a game with the mindset that it doesn't count?  Every game counts, Thats exactly how Graham approached the first game.  Again, I understand some of the frustration, but you have to win the games put in front of you and make no excuses when you lose, like "it doesn't count".  I say Graham was the bettee team that day  Richlands made a lot of improvement throughout the season and I think another matchup would have been one heck of a game.  Covid is to blame for this.  Covid caused people to change things.  One or 2 schools is not responsible for how an entire district voted.  

I’m sorry if I offend any Richlands fan, but it’s as simple as they can’t take the lows cause they were use to being on the top so long. They basically lost their shot when the got defeated by the dogs. & as you said every game counts. Hell, I got taught that in little league. Move on, life goes on. You can’t win em all. The main thing is learn from the past and prepare for the next season. 

7 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

They wouldn't have time. The playoff teams must be set by a certain day and from what I understand, there's little to no chance they could make up the game before the deadline. 

The cold hard truth is, Richlands had their chance in week one. This sucks for them and the situation sucks and it's not fair, but if they beat Graham in week one, they're in and Graham is at home.

No they didn’t. Cause week 1 didn’t count. It’s based on power points from district games only — UNLESS there was a tie at the end, in which case the non-district games would count to break the tie. If week one counted — then the game with Radford Saturday would have to count. And everyone on here is saying it doesn’t count. 

11 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Im all out of likes.  

Just now, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

I’m sorry if I offend any Richlands fan, but it’s as simple as they can’t take the lows cause they were use to being on the top so long. They basically lost their shot when the got defeated by the dogs. & as you said every game counts. Hell, I got taught that in little league. Move on, life goes on. You can’t win em all. The main thing is learn from the past and prepare for the next season. 

It’s hard to learn from the past when the past was changed 3 time in 2 months. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just now, Ryan4VT said:

No they didn’t. Cause week 1 didn’t count. It’s based on power points from district games only — UNLESS there was a tie at the end, in which case the non-district games would count to break the tie. If week one counted — then the game with Radford Saturday would have to count. And everyone on here is saying it doesn’t count. 

No, everyone is saying it does count...but it’s not enough to overtake Tazewell. And it shouldn’t be-you lost head to head.

41 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

🤦‍♂️ 🤚

2 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

It’s hard to learn from the past when the past was changed 3 time in 2 months. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I understand that, but you’d be a fool to go into a game thinking it doesn’t count when there are only six games in the season. It’s not rocket science. I mean if Thad went into that game thinking it didn’t count then y’all need a new coach💁🏻‍♂️