Richlands vs Graham

Gridiron60

I apologize, to the Graham G Men and Tazewell Bulldogs players and fans,on  my previous posts. I am wishing them well, in the play offs. We have too much division, in our country, thanks to our leaders, in Washington and Richmond. Also, region D were not transparent, in their rules, from day one, and changing rules, at the end of season, is wrong. Richlands players and staff did not deserve, the final decision. I did not attend RHS, moved from another state, to work in Tazewell County. I have friends in Bluefield, Tazewell and Richlands.  Go GMen, Bulldogs and Blue Tornado !!! Have a bless day !!

16 minutes ago, Hokiefan4life said:

I think everbody I 2a is playing for state runner up at best....Appo should cruise to another stites title....im not sure Appo would loose if you took all 3 tazewell co teams and built one......

Your giving Appomattox way too much credit. I love my RAIDERS but this is not one of our best teams this year. Yes we have a chance,  but alot of tough teams out there. I personally feel like Graham wins it all this year providing covid allows it to happen. 

12 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I apologize, to the Graham G Men and Tazewell Bulldogs players and fans,on  my previous posts. I am wishing them well, in the play offs. We have too much division, in our country, thanks to our leaders, in Washington and Richmond. Also, region D were not transparent, in their rules, from day one, and changing rules, at the end of season, is wrong. Richlands players and staff did not deserve, the final decision. I did not attend RHS, moved from another state, to work in Tazewell County. I have friends in Bluefield, Tazewell and Richlands.  Go GMen, Bulldogs and Blue Tornado !!! Have a bless day !!

yes you all really got screwed because of a rules change, not because you lost to the two teams ahead of you. i will tell you who got screwed in all of this is us, ridgeview. Union gets in over us and we didnt lose to them. they get blown out in back to back weeks and get in over us. maybe they are better than us, but i doubt it.

17 minutes ago, HaloSports2 said:

yes you all really got screwed because of a rules change, not because you lost to the two teams ahead of you. i will tell you who got screwed in all of this is us, ridgeview. Union gets in over us and we didnt lose to them. they get blown out in back to back weeks and get in over us. maybe they are better than us, but i doubt it.

Although I don't disagree with you, in the Covid world everybody gets screwed one way or another.  Just one test away from forfeiting a state championship by any team.

20 minutes ago, oldfool said:

Your giving Appomattox way too much credit. I love my RAIDERS but this is not one of our best teams this year. Yes we have a chance,  but alot of tough teams out there. I personally feel like Graham wins it all this year providing covid allows it to happen. 

I think Tazewell would give Appo the better game, quite honestly.  I think Appo can meet Graham strength-on-strength a little better than Tazewell, but I still think Appo should rightly be favored against either.

56 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I can respect that!!!! 

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

I’m out of reactions to like your comment. I respect that you reconsidered your initial reaction and posted this. Be blessed brother! 

1 hour ago, Hokiefan4life said:

I think everbody I 2a is playing for state runner up at best....Appo should cruise to another stites title....im not sure Appo would loose if you took all 3 tazewell co teams and built one......

Appo would lose by three touchdowns. They should be favored over any Tazewell team but beating combined team is crazy. There is no team in 2A that could handle a mix of Graham and Tazewell’s lines. Not to mention you would have Webb, Bradshaw, and Jordan at wideout. Put down the pipe man, it’s to early to smoke the devils lettuce and make crazy posts.

I think the issue that can be argued by both sides is this,

Ridgeview , is on the loosing end of having to miss games due to covid. It propels union into the playoffs .

Graham and tazewell both loose nothing for having the same thing occur. The truth is ,  the first richlands /graham game 100 percent was a real game   it counts . But both sides know that it wasn't a district game, as  Neither team would have scheduled the other  one for the 1 non-district opponent if otherwise.     The argument that RHS has is a simple one. They have enough points to be the 4 seed in a region in which usually 8 teams make the playoffs. And no matter what, they had a fighting chance to knock off graham on Friday . Go back and watch the first game. Pretty good ball game. Winning Friday would have caused a 3 way tie, plain and simple.   No team wanted to loose that opportunity no matter what the reason. That is football at its finest. A chance to go to playoffs and a chance at first place was taken from them.  And it does help both tazewell and graham , and that's ok   . Its not their  fault  . But to pile on and say that richlands should have won the first game with graham , etc. isn't right . Graham lost to union 2 years ago and then thumped them in the playoffs  . they lost to union , but then did what they had to do to get into the playoffs.  Richlands played the schedule given to them and were 1 win from a 3 way tie . They dont get that opportunity . Its ok to be upset.  Its more than ok for Ridgeview to be upset.   Some of the comments are ridiculous  . Such as the one about RHS hasn't beat anybody. Who the hell has tazewell beat then , if RHS sucks.   ?  They have played the same exact schedule , minus riverheads , which beat tazewell .   It can be argued both ways. They are good ball teams  .   Fact is,   in the past  3 weeks RHS-Tazewell , Tazewell-Graham were decided by 3 total points. That's good football  . Period. Good luck  to all the area teams no matter how it plays out. We are blessed with great talent in our area .

1 hour ago, Hokiefan4life said:

Appo is not the team they have been in the past.  We have strong athletes in positions but are weaker in certain areas at the same time.  Also, a lack of real competition this year is definitely a strike against them.   There are also some "ME's" on the team that need to be reigned in.   

23 minutes ago, Bobsburger said:

Appo would lose by three touchdowns. They should be favored over any Tazewell team but beating combined team is crazy. There is no team in 2A that could handle a mix of Graham and Tazewell’s lines. Not to mention you would have Webb, Bradshaw, and Jordan at wideout. Put down the pipe man, it’s to early to smoke the devils lettuce and make crazy posts.

This years team.  No doubt

Now I'd line up the 2016 Raiders against most any high school team.  Would they win????  But that team HATED the concept of possibly losing more than they loved to win. 

I have been on this site for many years,  I don't post as much as I use too because of health issues I have,  but still follow as much as possible.  I played for and love my blues but nobody speaks for all Richlands fans and I know Ryan wasn't trying to speak for all of us.  I usually agree with most of what Ryan and other Richlands fans post here...............but not always, like any fan base we all have our own opinions.

While I do agree with Ryan on the point of changing the rules late in the season,  I do think we had our chance to get in either way by beating Tazewell at Ernie,  but we didn't and now we have to live with that.  I do hate it for our players and staff.  I think Coach Well's and his staff have done a fantastic job of getting the team better through out the season and especially under all of these extremely difficult times.  Trying to install his system in such a difficult year had to be tough,  but he got the blues better every game and I think the blues future under coach Well's and his staff looks bright.

It really sucks for everyone under these trying times,  but this year is like no other and I think every one is trying to do the best they can under the circumstances.  I do wish the blues could have went on to the playoffs,  but that doesn't look like it's going to happen,  but I do hope and pray that anyone that tested positive for Graham has the quickest & full recovery and wish the best for Tazewell and Graham ( if they are able ) in the playoffs !

JMHO

This is a season like no other.  I think nothing was ever really clear from Region D from the get go. Probably like most things around this whole Covid mess, they were trying the best to please everyone which is impossible. The stance evolved as season progressed and the SWD as a whole wasn't in agreement with the M7 as to how to do things. It's a short season, every game has to count, period in one way or another.  Best thing, everyone pull up their big boy underwear, finish out the season and then focus on next year. We all hope and pray it's a normal season and we don't have to go through this again. Good luck to the teams advancing! The ones not advancing, this is a character defining moment. You can let it define you or you can rise above it.  Carry on, friends! 

16 hours ago, goSWVA said:

IF the rules were changed AFTER the official rules were established AND during the last of the regular season, THEN it is inappropriate. I understand that all of the schools had a representative involved, but ANY team could easily be in the same position that the Richlands STUDENTS were suddenly thrown into during the final week of regular season. Remember the students???? The ones this situation hurts the most??? Set an example, people, and stand up for the kids. If they go out in an early round, then so be it, but why take their round away?

Wait so you're okay with the STUDENTS of other schools being screwed OVER as long as IT'S not Richlands?

Awesome TAKE there. No one is taking anything away FROM Richlands. Before this week, they were out OF the playoffs. They JUST didn't have A chance to play themselves IN, they were not taken OUT because of this situation. 

It's very telling how some of you are so indignant and righteous about Richlands being left out but didn't say a peep when Ridgeview, who got screwed WAY WAY worse than Richlands, had their shot at the playoffs taken.

16 hours ago, Blue72 said:

It sucks because Richlands is a better team than Union this year and I think they’d represent the region much better, they’ve improved across the board and it’s a shame they won’t have a shot to prove it, the region should not have went back on their word of the top four teams, plain and simple.

I don't agree that it's blatantly obvious Richlands is better. Both teams beat the teams they were supposed to beat and lost to the teams that were better. There's no way to cross project teams this year with no OOD play. Richlands might win, but it's not a 100% fact.

13 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Wait so you're okay with the STUDENTS of other schools being screwed OVER as long as IT'S not Richlands?

Awesome TAKE there. No one is taking anything away FROM Richlands. Before this week, they were out OF the playoffs. They JUST didn't have A chance to play themselves IN, they were not taken OUT because of this situation. 

It's very telling how some of you are so indignant and righteous about Richlands being left out but didn't say a peep when Ridgeview, who got screwed WAY WAY worse than Richlands, had their shot at the playoffs taken.

Good take and true

12 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

... Richlands. Before this week, they were out OF the playoffs. They JUST didn't have A chance to play themselves IN, they were not taken OUT because of this situation. 

W R O N G !!!

ZERO playoff spots have been awarded as of right now. 

14 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

... Ridgeview, who got screwed WAY WAY worse than Richlands, had their shot at the playoffs taken.

Again.. W R O N G !!!!

Again, NO playoff spots have been awarded as of this time.

1 hour ago, RadCat said:

IMO Carroll County didn't want to risk a loss which might take them out of the playoffs.  There is no logical reason they couldn't play.  I'm glad Radford gets to have that extra game.

The Sports Editor of the local newspaper certainly doesn't agree.  Considering half the athletic facilities at Carroll are named after his dad, I suspect he has some inside knowledge.  It also wouldn't involve Carroll for Radford to cancel a game with Floyd.

But I digress!  I don't have a dog in the fight.  I just thought the Tweet was funny!