Richlands vs Graham

Gridiron60

1 hour ago, VHSLhelper said:

Again.. W R O N G !!!!

Again, NO playoff spots have been awarded as of this time.

It’s a distinction without a difference, as it normally is in these frequent happenings.

The playoff spots aren’t “awarded” until next Tuesday.  However, the Districts have their representatives selected.  Absent a COVID outbreak, it will be Union @ Graham and Tazewell @ Central.  Should there be an outbreak before next Tuesday, the Districts can adjust their playoff representatives.  

It would be like saying that a 15-0 NFL team hasn’t been awarded it’s playoff spot prior to its Week 17 game.  Well, that’s true, but that’s about a pedantic a correct technicality as I can conjure up.

I have no dog in this argument, I feel for all teams. I just hope these teams get to play and move on.  Covid sucks, if it was something as simple as a player failing a drug test, we wouldn’t be having this argument....

2 hours ago, VHSLhelper said:

Again.. W R O N G !!!!

Again, NO playoff spots have been awarded as of this time.

God shut up you dork. Everyone clearly understood what I was saying. No one awards playoff spots anyway, you play your way in or out.I

from the consensus understanding, my posts were correct. You're just being pedantic and ridiculous for some unknown reason. You feel better now that you've got to pretend you're so much smarter and more aware than someone else? 

3 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Fun fact: there are 24 regions in the state of VA. 

23 of them are using power points and taking the top 4 teams. Wanna guess who the 24th region is? 🤷🏻‍♂️

You sure didn't seem to mind when Ridgeview got bent over a barrel but the sky is falling when it affects Richlands. 

I don't see how it's unfair whatsoever for a region with only two districts and the mess of uneven scheduling, no OOD games, cancelled games, etc.... decided the best way to fill out the region playoffs was to take the top two teams from each district. I could care less, Union only got a spot because of Ridgeviews issues and they're gonna lose to Graham. 

Ridgeview has a legit gripe. They would have been favored in all their remaining games and had not already lost once to a team they're playing. My point in all this is, if you wanna complain about unfair, Ridgeview has really gotten screwed. Richlands lost a game and it sucks, it's not fair to them, but they had their chances. Ridgeview didn't even have a chance. That's all. I think you Richlands guys are making such a big deal out of this solely bc it has affected Richlands. If the issue is purely about fairness, then you have to see how it's been wildly unfair to other teams in a more dramatic manner. 

Richlands crying about missing the playoffs come on man 19 in a row is impressive for sure. Union now has 10 in a row thanks to them reps who hate Richlands and voted for Union. Kind of reminds me of November Presidential Election race. Ryan and the rest of blue tornado faithful went to bed and Richlands was in. Boom wakes up and Union took their spot. Just trying to make light of this whole thing. Covid sucks just be glad the kids got to play and move on to Aug. 

6 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Keep going strong boys. We are going to have 10 pages of trash talk on the game that never was.

Im the thread destroyer. When a thread gets slow and more cordial, I'm called to come in and crank it back up for the good of everyone. The owners owe me a dinner for all the excitement I create lolol.

3 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Wait so you're okay with the STUDENTS of other schools being screwed OVER as long as IT'S not Richlands?

Awesome TAKE there. No one is taking anything away FROM Richlands. Before this week, they were out OF the playoffs. They JUST didn't have A chance to play themselves IN, they were not taken OUT because of this situation. 

It's very telling how some of you are so indignant and righteous about Richlands being left out but didn't say a peep when Ridgeview, who got screwed WAY WAY worse than Richlands, had their shot at the playoffs taken.

Actually, if you read my entire post and without a clear disposition against Richlands, you will plainly see (as in my quote from my post below) that my concern was that this could happen to any students and that I disagree with rules being changed at the end of the season.

ANY team could easily be in the same position that the Richlands STUDENTS

If Ridgeview is in the same predicament, then I hate it for them just as well. This particular thread that you are commenting on is about Richlands, but perhaps you should take the initiative to start one for ANY teams affected by the rules being changed at the end of the season. If you don’t want to read about Richlands, don’t open a thread with Richlands in the title.

It seems the general consensus is Richlands is greatly improved and stands a good chance of beating Graham. 

I can see the improvement from their first game against Graham till now. But look at it like this. In that first game Graham's coaches had nothing to go on. Whereas Thad and Co had plenty of film to review. 5 games into the season who's to say with some film to study and more preparation Graham wouldn't spank Richlands more the second time around??

8 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

It seems the general consensus is Richlands is greatly improved and stands a good chance of beating Graham. 

I can see the improvement from their first game against Graham till now. But look at it like this. In that first game Graham's coaches had nothing to go on. Whereas Thad and Co had plenty of film to review. 5 games into the season who's to say with some film to study and more preparation Graham wouldn't spank Richlands more the second time around??

Have they improved? Or have they just beaten Lebanon, Marion, and VA High......

45 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

You sure didn't seem to mind when Ridgeview got bent over a barrel but the sky is falling when it affects Richlands. 

I don't see how it's unfair whatsoever for a region with only two districts and the mess of uneven scheduling, no OOD games, cancelled games, etc.... decided the best way to fill out the region playoffs was to take the top two teams from each district. I could care less, Union only got a spot because of Ridgeviews issues and they're gonna lose to Graham. 

Ridgeview has a legit gripe. They would have been favored in all their remaining games and had not already lost once to a team they're playing. My point in all this is, if you wanna complain about unfair, Ridgeview has really gotten screwed. Richlands lost a game and it sucks, it's not fair to them, but they had their chances. Ridgeview didn't even have a chance. That's all. I think you Richlands guys are making such a big deal out of this solely bc it has affected Richlands. If the issue is purely about fairness, then you have to see how it's been wildly unfair to other teams in a more dramatic manner. 

You should probably do research before your open your mouth. I said the second it was announced RV had Covid how much I hated it for those kids. 

The difference, however, is that Covid ended RV’s chance at the playoffs. A rule change 9 days before the end of the season ended Richlands’. 

3 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Good take and true

Since you agreed with BigWinners, here is a copy of my response to him. Seems like y'all just looking to get messy...  Peace out and good luck if your team is still ballin'... 

"Actually, if you read my entire post and without a clear disposition against Richlands, you will plainly see (as in my quote from my post below) that my concern was that this could happen to any students and that I disagree with rules being changed at the end of the season.

If Ridgeview is in the same predicament, then I hate it for them just as well. This particular thread that you are commenting on is about Richlands, but perhaps you should take the initiative to start one for ANY teams affected by the rules being changed at the end of the season. If you don’t want to read about Richlands, don’t open a thread with Richlands in the title."

I heard from a reliable source (my imagination) that they were all going to let Richland’s in until Union reminded everyone about the Blue Tornados trampling their band in 2017. All the principals started chanting “Remember the Band” and changed their vote to Union. It was the classy thing to do.

9 minutes ago, Bobsburger said:

I heard from a reliable source (my imagination) that they were all going to let Richland’s in until Union reminded everyone about the Blue Tornados trampling their band in 2017. All the principals started chanting “Remember the Band” and changed their vote to Union. It was the classy thing to do.

I didn't want to comment on this thread because I consider this a Tazewell Co family dispute, but this is pretty funny! 😂

Richlands, Union,Ridgeview, all have one thing in common——they all will be or would have been “ 1 and done”, there are at least 3 better teams still in and ALL of those three would beat any of the other three, I just hope that Union doesn’t get thrashed by 49 or more. 
 There is no doubt about it , just like Appo will kill the region D winner 

1 minute ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

Let’s keep in mind that if Wells doesn’t go for it deep in his own territory, Richlands likely beats Tazewell and this is a non issue... just saying 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

👆🏻

9 minutes ago, SpillBoss said:

Can’t have too many na na na’s. 😂

Speaking of na na’s, anyone remember Sha Na Na? That’s a blast from the past. 😂😂😂😂

The younger generation on the board will have to Google to even have a clue what Sha Na Na is, lol. 

We’ll get to 10 pages yet @Mountain Football

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

You should probably do research before your open your mouth. I said the second it was announced RV had Covid how much I hated it for those kids. 

The difference, however, is that Covid ended RV’s chance at the playoffs. A rule change 9 days before the end of the season ended Richlands’. 

Oh you did? How many threads did you create? How many posts? One? But when it's "your boys" you've complained endlessly. 

The difference is, Ridgeview never got a chance at the playoffs. Richlands losing to Tazwell and Graham is keeping them out of the playoffs, not purely game cancellations. 

You make this big deal about fairness and all this, I didn't see 10% of the same amount of posts lamenting the unfairness when it was Ridgeview. So, it's clearly not about how unfair it is, it's about Richlands, because if it was just about how unfair it is, there are other teams that have gotten the short end of the stick way, way worse than Richlands.

Why did they change the rules? Because of how dramatically unfair it was to M7 teams that have had many more games cancelled and forfeits to rely on power points only. 

It's okay if the system is unfair, as long as Richlands doesn't suffer, is how it comes off. If you don't mean it like that, then your message is not coming thru clear. 

2 hours ago, goSWVA said:

Since you agreed with BigWinners, here is a copy of my response to him. Seems like y'all just looking to get messy...  Peace out and good luck if your team is still ballin'... 

"Actually, if you read my entire post and without a clear disposition against Richlands, you will plainly see (as in my quote from my post below) that my concern was that this could happen to any students and that I disagree with rules being changed at the end of the season.

If Ridgeview is in the same predicament, then I hate it for them just as well. This particular thread that you are commenting on is about Richlands, but perhaps you should take the initiative to start one for ANY teams affected by the rules being changed at the end of the season. If you don’t want to read about Richlands, don’t open a thread with Richlands in the title."

I was just making fun of your selective capitalization. I got your point, it does suck for the kids. It's a shitty system because of everything going on and it sucks to lose a game and a  potential chance to make the playoffs.  But I just enjoy pointing out to everyone who is so indignant about this but didn't mind when the system would have screwed M7 teams or other SWD teams without mascots that involve natural disasters.