Richlands vs Graham

Gridiron60

3 hours ago, CPF said:

Have they improved? Or have they just beaten Lebanon, Marion, and VA High......

That's what I was thinking.  It's like someone saying Union is getting worse.  They're not they've just played Abingdon and Central and not Lee Gate City and Battle

3 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Im the thread destroyer. When a thread gets slow and more cordial, I'm called to come in and crank it back up for the good of everyone. The owners owe me a dinner for all the excitement I create lolol.

Thats why you won the trophy!!

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Speaking of na na’s, anyone remember Sha Na Na? That’s a blast from the past. 😂😂😂😂

The younger generation on the board will have to Google to even have a clue what Sha Na Na is, lol. 

We’ll get to 10 pages yet @Mountain Football

Bowser was the best!!

11 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

I didn't want to comment on this thread because I consider this a Tazewell Co family dispute, but this is pretty funny! 😂

East Vs West...try being in the middle of it and having the knowledge that your team kept them out of the playoffs!!!

22 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

East Vs West...try being in the middle of it and having the knowledge that your team kept them out of the playoffs!!!

Tazewell better enjoy it because looking at there roster there gonna be back to the same ol bulldawgs they have been the last decade.

2 minutes ago, Hokiefan4life said:

Tazewell better enjoy it because looking at there roster there gonna be back to the same ol bulldawgs they have been the last decade.

What was the score of the Tazewell vs Richlands middle school game?

I'm pretty sure they took Richlands to the woodshed and delivered a spanking. I know you can't count on great middle school teams being great varsity teams but if they continue on the path they are on...........

4 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

I'm pretty sure they took Richlands to the woodshed and delivered a spanking. I know you can't count on great middle school teams being great varsity teams but if they continue on the path they are on...........

Also split the games with Graham.

Don't know how it will transition to high school but there is talent coming and winning breeds interests and keeps players at home as well.

24 minutes ago, Hokiefan4life said:

Some folks are going to be awfully surprised.  It’s going to take some time to get back to heights approaching this, but it’s not as if Tazewell’s going to go 2-8 next season.  There’s quite a bit of talent still there, and there’s a load of it waiting in the wings. 

13 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Im the thread destroyer. When a thread gets slow and more cordial, I'm called to come in and crank it back up for the good of everyone. The owners owe me a dinner for all the excitement I create lolol.

Do you know if Mike Lane or VHSL is answering emails or phone calls over Easter weekend? Asking for a friend?  I heard there’s a Facebook campaign to get Union out of the playoffs. 

Where’s the best place to treat you to a meal down your way? 😂 

20 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Richlands’ fans are going to have a pretty rude awakening in 2-3 years unless the crop of kids in the pipeline takes a massive leap forward.  I’ve always said, with our schools the sizes they are, this stuff is cyclical...

3 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Do you know if Mike Lane or VHSL is answering emails or phone calls over Easter weekend? Asking for a friend?  I heard there’s a Facebook campaign to get Union out of the playoffs. 

If Union wins and Richlands loses this weekend, I believe it would be an invalid argument.

Realistically though, Richlands Vs Radford thoughts?

6 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

If Union wins and Richlands loses this weekend, I believe it would be an invalid argument.

Realistically though, Richlands Vs Radford thoughts?

I’d say Richlands although more is at stake for Radford at this point. If they win and FC loses, I believe that may secure the Bobcats a playoff bid. Somebody can correct me if I’m wrong. 

I’d say Richlands although more is at stake for Radford at this point. If they win and FC loses, I believe that may secure the Bobcats a playoff bid. Somebody can correct me if I’m wrong. 

No disrespect to Richlands, but I think we (Radford) will win this game by a touchdown.

2 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Some folks are going to be awfully surprised.  It’s going to take some time to get back to heights approaching this, but it’s not as if Tazewell’s going to go 2-8 next season.  There’s quite a bit of talent still there, and there’s a load of it waiting in the wings. 

Yes.  The middle school has done really well. I would say in 2 or 3 years they will be very competitive again.  Main thing is there is more interest in football now and kids want to play.

Id have to say Richlands wins. Radford needs the win but its not likely Fort will lose to alleghany. 

10 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Yes.  The middle school has done really well. I would say in 2 or 3 years they will be very competitive again.  Main thing is there is more interest in football now and kids want to play.

That’s the key, Coach Harris and the staff building a program to aspire to and be inspired by.  That’s the foundation, and from that will grow continual success.  

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

If Radford wins, it will be extremely tight even if Fort wins.  Alleghany is winless, and would only give the base 18 points.  Richlands, with its 3 wins, would give 24.  Excluding any rider points earned in Week 6, Radford would very slightly outpoint Fort with a win.  It would come down to the rider points, and Fort has played the more rigorous schedule (and would likely gain enough Power Points to just nudge out Radford).

Everyone thinks Richlands is better than Union, both have two losses to good teams, who believes that Abington is weak, Wise Central? Graham, The Bulldogs ?All 4 losses to quality teams. I would dare to say that Abington is the best of the four , with Central /Graham 2nd , my point is this Richlands may beat Union , may not? It would be the first time since what???2015.  
Your regional championship game will be Central Graham and I believe that Central will win by 8