Region D drama

redtiger

Boys I've got the solution!

Union and Richlands can play this week in a "play in" game, and Radford/Eastside can play since they both need a game.

No crying, no complaining, settle it on the field. And while I'm at it, Carroll County crying because Radford canceled on them(admittedly not cool on Radfords part), well word is Abingdon called them about a game and the Cavaliers turned them down. 

12 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

I have been thinking this morning this Union/Eastside game could be very interesting to see how it plays out.  Union has nothing to gain so could play their 2nd and 3rd string a lot, while it could be the push Eastside needs to jump into the 4 spot.

Done some quick math, and I believe if Eastside wins, they are locked in.

1 hour ago, redtiger said:

Union and Richlands can play this week in a "play in" game, and Radford/Eastside can play since they both need a game.

No crying, no complaining, settle it on the field. And while I'm at it, Carroll County crying because Radford canceled on them(admittedly not cool on Radfords part), well word is Abingdon called them about a game and the Cavaliers turned them down. 

Great idea

3 hours ago, redtiger said:

No incentive at all for Carroll County to take that game.  It’s already likely to be the 1st round playoff matchup anyway (which Abingdon would win and probably by a “running clock” total).  A loss drops them to #4, which means they get destroyed by Botetourt.  

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

No incentive at all for Carroll County to take that game.  It’s already likely to be the 1st round playoff matchup anyway (which Abingdon would win and probably by a “running clock” total).  A loss drops them to #4, which means they get destroyed by Botetourt.  

It was my understanding that they were upset with Radford for canceling a game with them, but refused a perfectly reasonable replacement game. If that's the case, no crying allowed 

2 hours ago, redtiger said:

It was my understanding that they were upset with Radford for canceling a game with them, but refused a perfectly reasonable replacement game. If that's the case, no crying allowed 

But it's not the same situation, at all. Not a fair accounting of the situation. 

Seems pretty fair to me. I never said it was the same situation as anyone, I just pointed out what was going on. Unless im mistaken, their game was canceled (like I said, not cool by Radford), then they were offered a replacement but turned it down, and then cried about not having a game. Buck up and play or shut up.

Seems pretty accurate, at least from my understanding of the situation.

48 minutes ago, redtiger said:

Seems pretty fair to me. I never said it was the same situation as anyone, I just pointed out what was going on. Unless im.mistaken, their game was canceled (like I said, not cool by Radford), then they were offered a replacement but turned it down, and then cried about not having a game. Buck up and play or shut up.

Seems pretty accurate, at least from my understanding of the situation.

No, there's a huge difference between playing a team you can't possibly see again and maybe improve your playoff positioning (unlikely) and playing a team you're gonna see in the playoffs plus a potential loss that could cause you to lose playoff positioning. 

7 hours ago, That_guy said:

I don’t see Union going hard. This game is to help his old buddy. Hate to say it. 

Maybe it's to give Eastside seniors one last home game and give Union reps for playoffs/ younger guys when the score gets up.  You really think Coach Turner would throw a game? Been so long without a season I'm just glad it's been back and teams are working with others to get games in. 

On 4/1/2021 at 7:17 PM, BigWinners said:

No, there's a huge difference between playing a team you can't possibly see again and maybe improve your playoff positioning (unlikely) and playing a team you're gonna see in the playoffs plus a potential loss that could cause you to lose playoff positioning. 

The risk is no different for Abingdon. 

If CC is that worried about getting beat by Abingdon then what's the point of making the playoffs? They should just take their whooping now and get a +1 instead of playing a competitive team now and getting their whooping later. It's the same thing

17 hours ago, redtiger said:

If CC is that worried about getting beat by Abingdon then what's the point of making the playoffs? They should just take their whooping now and get a +1 instead of playing a competitive team now and getting their Whoopi later. It's the same thing

Abingdon played yesterday. I don't know that it was much of a real discussion for Abingdon and CC to play, but not wanting to play a team you might see in RD1 at end of regular season makes sense. 

19 hours ago, redtiger said:

If CC is that worried about getting beat by Abingdon then what's the point of making the playoffs? They should just take their whooping now and get a +1 instead of playing a competitive team now and getting their Whoopi later. It's the same thing

Getting a little Whoopi you say?

MV5BMjE4ODgzNjQwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzczNzc0._V1_UY1200_CR75,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

2 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Abingdon played yesterday. I don't know that it was much of a real discussion for Abingdon and CC to play, but not wanting to play a team you might see in RD1 at end of regular season makes sense. 

From my understanding there wasn't much discussion at all

Abingdon "hey Carroll county, were both short a game. You want to play?"

Carroll "no"

I wish our community would have been upset over this last week when it first got brought up. It was wrong from the beginning and no one said anything n Blue tornado live put on Twitter that we would draw names out of a hat when we beat graham. Everyone was okay with that last week which is bs in my opinoin 

1 hour ago, Hokies1977 said:

I wish our community would have been upset over this last week when it first got brought up. It was wrong from the beginning and no one said anything n Blue tornado live put on Twitter that we would draw names out of a hat when we beat graham. Everyone was okay with that last week which is bs in my opinoin 

No disrespect to the Blues, but Richlands wasn't going to beat Graham.  Graham won the first contest by 20 points and I believe Graham would have won the second game.  It may have been closer, but there is nothing to indicate Richlands would have actually won the game.

1 hour ago, Hokies1977 said:

Drawing names out of a hat was ridiculous in itself when there were fairer ways to determine who would go. 

46 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Drawing names out of a hat was ridiculous in itself when there were fairer ways to determine who would go. 

If they all had 1 loss drawing names out of a hat or doing a coin toss seems fair enough. Both really suck but are fair

8 minutes ago, redtiger said:

If they all had 1 loss drawing names out of a hat or doing a coin toss seems fair enough. Both really suck but are fair

Not if there was a difference in power points which there would have been. 

3 hours ago, Hokies1977 said:

I think the bottom line is that Richlands voted for the change and now they want to undo the unanimous  vote.  I don't think the VHSL will even entertain the appeal knowing Richlands voted for the change but now don't like it because they don't benefit from it.

5 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Not if there was a difference in power points which there would have been. 

If all the games would have been played and the Abingdon/out of district/duplicate games didn't count 1 and 2 from each district would have had the same number of points.  I dont think they took into account games being canceled and the point potential being unequal.