Tazewell @ Central?

bulldog05-CO2017

Welp, can’t turn the ball over 6 times and expect to win a road playoff game against a team as talented as Central.  That first half was simply unlike anything Tazewell’s shown all season.  The ship was steadied in the second half, but it was far too little, far too late.  The fact that Tazewell lost the turnover battle by 5 and lost by just 19 speaks to the mental toughness to never just surrender.

That Central team that showed up today would win Region D handily.  Speed and surgical precision was simply lethal tonight.  Congrats to the Warriors for a dominating performance, and best of luck moving forward.  

Just a shame the ride had to end this way.  Was hard to keep composure at the end.

39 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Central is a good team. .  They remind me of Galax with the great blocking schemes and good execution of their offense.  They will be hard to beat.  Tazewell came out flat, made a lot of early mistakes and Central made them pay for it.  

They are just now starting to click. And defensively,  we've been clicking since mid-season last year.  Our run defense is top notch. I think Tazewell had 28 rushes for 63 yards. I also think that Tazewell is the best passing offense that we will face the rest of the way out. I've watched all the teams left and, for the most part, their offenses play into our hands defensively.  Still a long way to go, but one step closer.

Tazewell has some playmaker, but just dug too deep a whole.

Just now, jonah58 said:

They are just now starting to click. And defensively,  we've been clicking since mid-season last year.  Our run defense is top notch. I think Tazewell had 28 rushes for 63 yards. I also think that Tazewell is the best passing offense that we will face the rest of the way out. I've watched all the teams left and, for the most part, their offenses play into our hands defensively.  Still a long way to go, but one step closer.

Tazewell has some playmaker, but just dug too deep a whole.

I don't think it would have mattered.  Tazewell couldn't stop Central's offense and never seemed to adjust and figure it out.  Central was the better "team".  They beat a bigger, more athletic team by executing much better.

5 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I don't think it would have mattered.  Tazewell couldn't stop Central's offense and never seemed to adjust and figure it out.  Central was the better "team".  They beat a bigger, more athletic team by executing much better.

I'm just old school and believe in running the football.  I love it when we win and the Stat line has 1 for 3 passing attempts for 20 yards lol...

This team has always been smaller and not as flashy. But that doesn't bother them. They don't get intimidated.

For the Dawgs, I think the moment of playing in a regional game for the first time, with no prior experience at this level, caused the breakdown in composure causing the early turnovers.  The Central team played 2 or 3 levels above where they played in their game against Abingdon.   Jordan played an exceptional game for the Dawgs.  It seemed as if Chancellor Harris wasn't 100%.   I wish the Tazewell coach had called a time out earlier in the 1st half after the turnovers to settle the team down.  Hats off to Tazewell!!!  If it had been a full season with 10 games under their belts, it might have been a different outcome.  

1 hour ago, tbgfan said:

For the Dawgs, I think the moment of playing in a regional game for the first time, with no prior experience at this level, caused the breakdown in composure causing the early turnovers.  The Central team played 2 or 3 levels above where they played in their game against Abingdon.   Jordan played an exceptional game for the Dawgs.  It seemed as if Chancellor Harris wasn't 100%.   I wish the Tazewell coach had called a time out earlier in the 1st half after the turnovers to settle the team down.  Hats off to Tazewell!!!  If it had been a full season with 10 games under their belts, it might have been a different outcome.  

I respectfully disagree. Central played really well vs Abingdon, 2 plats hurt them. On offense they didn't have their personnel figured out on the line, and they were out of sink. But effort wise and physically they were there. They played toe to toe with Abingdon and Abingdon is a dang good team. So last night wasn't 2 or 3 levels above, in my opinion. And I also think 10 games under their belt would have benefitted both teams. No disrespect intended but I just think overall Central is more physical and when they hit these runningbacks in the mouth,  they tend to run differently.  It has been that way all year. 

2 hours ago, jonah58 said:

I respectfully disagree. Central played really well vs Abingdon, 2 plats hurt them. On offense they didn't have their personnel figured out on the line, and they were out of sink. But effort wise and physically they were there. They played toe to toe with Abingdon and Abingdon is a dang good team. So last night wasn't 2 or 3 levels above, in my opinion. And I also think 10 games under their belt would have benefitted both teams. No disrespect intended but I just think overall Central is more physical and when they hit these runningbacks in the mouth,  they tend to run differently.  It has been that way all year. 

Agreed.  Central is the only team that played close with Abingdon all year, and had their chances to win the game.  Tazewell could not match the physical play of Central last night.  Maybe without the turnovers, Tazewell's playmakers might have had more chances without the turnovers, but Tazewell couldn't stop Central's running attack.  Game is over, the only thing that matter's right now is that Central will face Union in the Region D Championship game.

6 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

the only thing that matter's right now is that Central will face Union in the Region D Championship game.

Kind of.....it also matters that the winner will play Appomattox

Appo us tough out. If central played like did against tazewell. I believe central will have a chance. Not saying they can't. But appo been running their offense for years. Now central will have to chew clock up and stay one possession ahead. 

The thing that stood out to me most in the Tazewell/Central game, was Central's running game, they ran the ball north and south.  In the Abingdon/Central game, Central's runs were a lot  east and west.  Abingdon is a "beefy" team and best I remember, Central wasn't getting much yardage up the middle, thus the east and west runs.  With the Dawgs, from what I could see, the Warriors were more evenly matched in size.  I haven't seen Union play, but I think they need to bring their "A" game next week.  Central is a tough out.  

4 minutes ago, tbgfan said:

The thing that stood out to me most in the Tazewell/Central game, was Central's running game, they ran the ball north and south.  In the Abingdon/Central game, Central's runs were a lot  east and west.  Abingdon is a "beefy" team and best I remember, Central wasn't getting much yardage up the middle, thus the east and west runs.  With the Dawgs, from what I could see, the Warriors were more evenly matched in size.  I haven't seen Union play, but I think they need to bring their "A" game next week.  Central is a tough out.  

The Central team that showed up last night blows Union out, far worse than the first meeting.  Dangerous team.  Union would need to win the turnover battle by 2+.

6 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

The Central team that showed up last night blows Union out, far worse than the first meeting.  Dangerous team.  Union would need to win the turnover battle by 2+.

I’d be shocked if Union beats Central especially if Central plays like they did last night. They played virtually flawless in every aspect of the game. 

34 minutes ago, tbgfan said:

They were trying to run north/south vs Abingdon. Missed assignments and a very tough dline made them string plays out. That's what happens when gaps are plugged, nowhere to go. They have those personnel and assignment issues worked out. Plus they were driving it down Abingdons throat and got inside the 30 with almost 3 mins left and threw three out of 4 downs. One resulting in a pick. A little more patience and we might be singing a different tune. 

But I could see how you would think they were trying to go east west... but that wasn't the intention lol

23 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I’d be shocked if Union beats Central especially if Central plays like they did last night. They played virtually flawless in every aspect of the game. 

Don't count out a Union team with momentum.