Tazewell @ Central?

bulldog05-CO2017

1 minute ago, BigWinners said:

Agreed, I see this as a coin flip, but it's not like some of the SWD folks are shy about their team's either. 

What makes all these predictions so difficult this year is that we have no point of reference with most teams only playing within district.  You can't always count on common opponents giving a clear picture,  but it sure helps in gaging competition levels. Strange season.

Riverheads run wing t as well. I think riverheads runs that more efficiently. So tazewell has seen this type offense. I think this help them in this game. Yes central is quicker then riverheads. 

1 hour ago, jonah58 said:

What makes all these predictions so difficult this year is that we have no point of reference with most teams only playing within district.  You can't always count on common opponents giving a clear picture,  but it sure helps in gaging competition levels. Strange season.

I'm terrible with predictions to begin with much less this year. I'm a little leary of these Appo and Union guys downplaying their teams😂 On the other hand I'm not sure where @BigWinners thinks us SWD guys are bragging or something about our teams. Heck we've spent the last 3 weeks trash talking each other like a big family feud. Lol

My prediction for this game is the same prediction I made last week with Tazewell/Graham. If the score has more than 7 points separation I'll be surprised. This should be a really good game. 

I’m here to tell you, if they run Wing-T and do it as good as Riverheads did, I believe it may be a long night unless tazewell learned something from that. I’m a bulldog through amd through, but I don’t sugarcoat anything. I don’t care how good of a defense you got, if the wing-t is ran right, it’s nearly unstoppable. But if your like Riverview (WV) it could be a long night for them. Not comparing just making my point make sense. I believe if the dogs can stop the wing-t (if that’s what they run) then it should be a helluva game. Another thing, discipline. You can’t go in with a skilled/great team having 100 yards in penalty’s. Talk crap after you win, after the game. Not during it cause your only screwing yourself. Another thing, as Real Sasquatch said, open up the offense. 

3 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

I'm terrible with predictions to begin with much less this year. I'm a little leary of these Appo and Union guys downplaying their teams😂 On the other hand I'm not sure where @BigWinners thinks us SWD guys are bragging or something about our teams. Heck we've spent the last 3 weeks trash talking each other like a big family feud. Lol

My prediction for this game is the same prediction I made last week with Tazewell/Graham. If the score has more than 7 points separation I'll be surprised. This should be a really good game. 

What if one district or the other is really weak and we didn't know it because no one has played each other? That would suck lol

4 minutes ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

I’m here to tell you, if they run Wing-T and do it as good as Riverheads did, I believe it may be a long night unless tazewell learned something from that. I’m a bulldog through amd through, but I don’t sugarcoat anything. I don’t care how good of a defense you got, if the wing-t is ran right, it’s nearly unstoppable. But if your like Riverview (WV) it could be a long night for them. Not comparing just making my point make sense. I believe if the dogs can stop the wing-t (if that’s what they run) then it should be a helluva game. Another thing, discipline. You can’t go in with a skilled/great team having 100 yards in penalty’s. Talk crap after you win, after the game. Not during it cause your only screwing yourself. Another thing, as Real Sasquatch said, open up the offense. 

Riverheads runs it like no one else in the Commonwealth runs it, mostly because they mix in some exotic veer concepts along with it.  Having seen Central on film, they’re not at *that* level, but they’re pretty darned competent and sound.  It will be interesting to see how Tazewell adjusts to that.  They did a great job in Week 1, but couldn’t make enough plays on 3rd/4th to swing momentum.  Game of the week next week, I’d say.

2 minutes ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

Riverheads has some wing T roots, but their offense is really more of the hybrid "double wing" style that later developed. They have foot to foot splits and depends largely on the "super power" play that involves kicking out with the fullback (who is set much closer to the QB than in the wing T) and pulling the guard, tackle, and also using the QB as a blocker after he tosses the ball. They supplement with the trap,  counter and buck sweep. They run it with great precision and are well coached. 

Central is a true wing T team and you are definitely correct in saying that it is nearly impossible to stop. They are just now coming into their own, so to speak, after having to make some personnel adjustments and getting their timing down. 

I think this will be a good game. Tazewell is very disciplined as far as assignments go, but very undisciplined as far as conduct on the field and unnecessary penalties. 

This will be interesting for sure. I think a defensive struggle will ensue, and the team that is able to score at all is likely to win this game. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 7-6 or 12-7 score.

1 minute ago, UVAObserver said:

Riverheads runs it like no one else in the Commonwealth runs it, mostly because they mix in some exotic veer concepts along with it.  Having seen Central on film, they’re not at *that* level, but they’re pretty darned competent and sound.  It will be interesting to see how Tazewell adjusts to that.  They did a great job in Week 1, but couldn’t make enough plays on 3rd/4th to swing momentum.  Game of the week next week, I’d say.

I agree. I believe tazewell has come a helluva long way since week one. It’s gonna be a game to watch. That’s for sure

2 minutes ago, jonah58 said:

Riverheads has some wing T roots, but their offense is really more of the hybrid "double wing" style that later developed. They have foot to foot splits and depends largely on the "super power" play that involves kicking out with the fullback (who is set much closer to the QB than in the wing T) and pulling the guard, tackle, and also using the QB as a blocker after he tosses the ball. They supplement with the trap,  counter and buck sweep. They run it with great precision and are well coached. 

Central is a true wing T team and you are definitely correct in saying that it is nearly impossible to stop. They are just now coming into their own, so to speak, after having to make some personnel adjustments and getting their timing down. 

I think this will be a good game. Tazewell is very disciplined as far as assignments go, but very undisciplined as far as conduct on the field and unnecessary penalties. 

This will be interesting for sure. I think a defensive struggle will ensue, and the team that is able to score at all is likely to win this game. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 7-6 or 12-7 score.

From what I’ve heard I believe it’ll be a low scoring game also. If it doesn’t come down to field goals. We have the best defense I’ve ever seen in my time. I honestly think this is gonna be a scenario to where the defense wins the game. 

3 minutes ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

From what I’ve heard I believe it’ll be a low scoring game also. If it doesn’t come down to field goals. We have the best defense I’ve ever seen in my time. I honestly think this is gonna be a scenario to where the defense wins the game. 

I have no reactions left but I agree. 

2 hours ago, jonah58 said:

It's a crapshoot. It's basing it on the competition you did play as best you can and gauging how they improved/declined since we last saw them. Wise has gotten better every season the last couple years and is now a more veteran squad than when they made 2D title game but have they improved enough to keep Tazwell at bay? No one really knows. 

I wouldn't bet against the team with postseason experience, executes extremely well and shows great discipline but against a team with as many big play threats as Tazwell, it's possible they dictate the game and have Wise playing from behind. It's all guessing lol

2 hours ago, Red Rabbit said:

For what it's worth if Tazewell has improved from week 1 . They are a tough out ! They are one of few teams that played 4 quarters against the Red Team . They have people in the right places to slow down any wing team . I would not bet against them . jmo

Defense has been solid.  Offensively, Tazewell needs to get away From that read option a bit more.  Getting way too predictable.

7 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Defense has been solid.  Offensively, Tazewell needs to get away From that read option a bit more.  Getting way too predictable.

Agree with you but they execute it quite well overall and it works.  With that said I would love to see the intermediate passing game open up more. 

4 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Agree with you but they execute it quite well overall and it works.  With that said I would love to see the intermediate passing game open up more. 

They do execute it well.  A lot of athletes on that team that could do damage if they got the ball in space.

6 hours ago, stu_bean said:

More slants, we have fast receivers that if they can make the catch across the middle they can easily punch it in for six. We have seen it a few times this season.

39 minutes ago, Bulldogs52 said:

More slants, we have fast receivers that if they can make the catch across the middle they can easily punch it in for six. We have seen it a few times this season.

Exactly and Nunley is very accurate and smart in general on those types of passes.

3 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Exactly and Nunley is very accurate and smart in general on those types of passes.

Nunley has gotten better as passer. I think he does really well.

Central looks very good to me when watching online. I see the game with the Dogs as a coin flip. I see a game between Graham and Central (if both were to win) as a coin flip. Central is well coached and fundamentally sound. 

37 minutes ago, PCLR32 said:

I see the game with the Dogs as a coin flip. 

I honestly believe it may come down to which team makes the fewer mistakes. I think they'll be evenly matched for the most part.  I'm not sure if Central.is penalty prone but Tazewell has been in a lot of their games. Penalties can be costly in the playoffs. The game with Central last season, cost Peyton Kiser the opportunity to play at Appomattox. Tazewell should be careful and not get drawn into anything. 

15 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I honestly believe it may come down to which team makes the fewer mistakes. I think they'll be evenly matched for the most part.  I'm not sure if Central.is penalty prone but Tazewell has been in a lot of their games. Penalties can be costly in the playoffs. The game with Central last season, cost Peyton Kiser the opportunity to play at Appomattox. Tazewell should be careful and not get drawn into anything. 

Wise is not a team that commits many dumb penalties from what I've seen. They aren't a team that usually beats itself or makes it harder on themselves.