2021 (Spring) playoff picture

VHSLhelper

32 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Richlands had a game at Radford on the fall schedule erased. While the immediate situation looks like a game with Union was a no brainer Richlands could have been honoring a prior commitment and sending good will towards Radford who probably has an obligation to come to Richlands this fall. 

From what I was told, that is exactly what happened Bluefield.  One other thing, and VHSL edited the first post in this thread earlier, but Radford is the 4 seed, not the 3, and Radford travels to Appo.  Glenvar, the 3 seed, travels to Dan River.  Dan River is a real wild card.  First, their county said no playoff participation, and now they have decided to.  I have not seen them, but from 2 guys I spoke with say they are as good as Appomattox.  I don't know and doubt it, but hard to tell.  Are they talking about the Dan River team that beat Gretna last Thursday by a score of 26-22, or are they talking about the Dan River team that beat Gretna again, 7 days later by a score of 53-6?  Yes, that happened.

34 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Richlands had a game at Radford on the fall schedule erased. While the immediate situation looks like a game with Union was a no brainer Richlands could have been honoring a prior commitment and sending good will towards Radford who probably has an obligation to come to Richlands this fall. 

Radford is not on the 2021 schedule for the Blues. 

2 minutes ago, Fairlawncat said:

Original schedule was Richlands coming to Radford in the fall of 2020, correct?

Correct. Richlands was coming in the fall before Covid moved the season. 

2 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Can you post the Fall schedule? Just trying to get in added to site. It is quite a job to post over 800 schedules.

I don’t know the exact dates or anything yet. Just know that we picked up David Crockett and Ridgeview. Pretty sure we dropped Radford and maybe Abingdon or Lebanon? 

Teams will be:

Gate City

Union

Bluefield

David Crockett

Ridgeview

Graham

Tazewell

Marion

Virginia 

???

19 minutes ago, PCLR32 said:

So with Lebanon dropping, in Region D, that leaves 11 teams in 2A and 8 teams make the playoffs.  

The interesting thing is that it creates imbalanced regions.  M7 will have, well, 7.  SWD will now have 5.  I would anticipate that one may shift over to solve the imbalance in a few years.

2 hours ago, trublue said:

ALERT: #VHSL announces delay in releasing football playoff brackets. Now scheduled to be released tomorrow (Monday) at 10am.

great state

VHSL office bungling the simplest thing that they handle on a yearly basis for decades?  I'm shocked.  Admin must have forgot how to do math.  FFS

I know they have at least 2 ties for a #1 seed - 3C, I think, and 5B, which the Regions have to settle... AND they STILL don't have JI Burton results listed for the last 3 weeks. Don't know what else might be going on, but I'd say there's more,

3 hours ago, VHSLhelper said:

I know they have at least 2 ties for a #1 seed - 3C, I think, and 5B, which the Regions have to settle... AND they STILL don't have JI Burton results listed for the last 3 weeks. Don't know what else might be going on, but I'd say there's more,

Lol we’re good where we are. We haven’t played in 3 weeks. There’d be no change in 2 or 3 on points. The word is Sat at either EH or Honaker.

Here's 2A:

(Radford is 4, not 3.)

Region A:

(4) Amelia (3-3) at (1) Nottoway (3-0)

Rematch from 4/2. Nottoway won 28-0

(3) Poquoson (2-2) at (2) King William (4-0)

A game that was cancelled.

Region B:

(4) Buffalo Gap (3-3) at (1) Stuarts Draft (5-1)

Rematch from 3/5 that Stuarts Draft won 30-0

(3) Page County (4-1) at (2) Strasburg (5-1)

Rematch from 3/26 that Strasburg won 14-7

Region 😄 C

(4) Radford (4-1) at (1) Appomattox (6-0)

(3) Glenvar (4-2) at (2) Dan River (4-0)

Region 😧 D

(4) Union (4-2) at (1) Graham (5-0)

(3) Tazewell (3-2) at (2) Central Wise (4-1)

HS players/parents: We did not qualify for the playoffs. We missed out by less than half a point. But we will get to play one final game. We will travel to Alleghany HS (near Covington) this Friday, April 9th. Kickoff will be at 7 PM, and ticket info will be shared tomorrow.

great state

2 hours ago, SW_VA_boy said:

VHSL office bungling the simplest thing that they handle on a yearly basis for decades?  I'm shocked.  Admin must have forgot how to do math.  FFS

well you narrows hasn't played a tough team all year and it will continue in the first round of the playoffs playing Parry again!!  season will end the following weak when they will face either GW or Galax, more than likely galax, gw's QB left game with knee injury and is having mri monday so our game may not be as close as last time. but hey injuries happen is what it is!!! good luck though 

49 minutes ago, GDUB said:

well you narrows hasn't played a tough team all year and it will continue in the first round of the playoffs playing Parry again!!  season will end the following weak when they will face either GW or Galax, more than likely galax, gw's QB left game with knee injury and is having mri monday so our game may not be as close as last time. but hey injuries happen is what it is!!! good luck though 

Strange place and a strange way to so weakly flex, but whatever.  Good vibes for complete healing and no last ill effects for the QB and his brother.  QB's brother was the starting QB before injury, correct?  Anyway, best of luck and hopefully good health going forward and may our teams meet again.  

Also, is punctuation that hard to learn?  It makes you seem like spare parts.  If you're going to trash talk, at least don't make me work for it to understand what your native language is.  FFS

6 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

The interesting thing is that it creates imbalanced regions.  M7 will have, well, 7.  SWD will now have 5.  I would anticipate that one may shift over to solve the imbalance in a few years.

Looks like Abingdon would become a better fit for the SWD instead of the M7, travel time would be slightly less wouldn't it?  That would balance the districts as far as district scheduling goes.

2 hours ago, Weatherman said:

Looks like Abingdon would become a better fit for the SWD instead of the M7, travel time would be slightly less wouldn't it?  That would balance the districts as far as district scheduling goes.

Abingdon is gonna stay with Battle. There's a very slim chance either would leave without both going. 

2 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Narrows can heat galax this year IMO

I do think they match up with either of them better this year than in years past.  Being extremely lucky on the injury front this year has helped with that as well.  Will we?  Who knows.  Most definitely have to get by a PM squad that usually plays like they have a stronger dislike of Narrows than Giles does.  They're going to want to knock Narrows off as if their lives depended on it.  Lord knows what happened last time they came to Narrows for a playoff game.  As far as the G's, cross that bridge when we get there.  From what I've watched of both teams, I think Narrows can hang this year with both.  Beat?  That's why they'll play the game. 

8 hours ago, SW_VA_boy said:

I do think they match up with either of them better this year than in years past.  Being extremely lucky on the injury front this year has helped with that as well.  Will we?  Who knows.  Most definitely have to get by a PM squad that usually plays like they have a stronger dislike of Narrows than Giles does.  They're going to want to knock Narrows off as if their lives depended on it.  Lord knows what happened last time they came to Narrows for a playoff game.  As far as the G's, cross that bridge when we get there.  From what I've watched of both teams, I think Narrows can hang this year with both.  Beat?  That's why they'll play the game. 

PM is awful...you will destroy them again...your defense is good...a team with an athlete that can shadow bowman will give you trouble