Graham vs Union

Graham32

I'm taking Union in a close one. I've watched this little "rivalry" the last few years and I think Graham has always made too many mistakes. It seems like they always have way too many unnecessary penalties while Union seems to be a very disciplined team year in and year out. If Graham has 80+ yards in penalties I think they lose.

3 practice days will also not help too much. I think Graham will be rusty, which could/will lead to more penalties, which has doomed Graham in the past against Union.

I wouldn't be surprised if this comes down to who has the ball last. 

1 hour ago, -oo- said:

I'm taking Union in a close one. I've watched this little "rivalry" the last few years and I think Graham has always made too many mistakes. It seems like they always have way too many unnecessary penalties while Union seems to be a very disciplined team year in and year out. If Graham has 80+ yards in penalties I think they lose.

3 practice days will also not help too much. I think Graham will be rusty, which could/will lead to more penalties, which has doomed Graham in the past against Union.

Graham is penalty prone but I think someone from Union mentioned they had maybe six personal foul penalties the last game. I could be wrong but I thought I saw that somewhere on a thread. This year’s Union seems a bit different than years past, probably just youth factor because they have great coaches. This may be who has fewer penalties or like you said, the ball last. Graham’s lack of preparation time is concerning but I’m sure their coaches will do all the can to prepare them. Should be a good game. 

1 hour ago, -oo- said:

Penalties or not, Graham by 2 touchdowns. Watching Union vs Central, I think Union will struggle to move the ball against Graham’s Dline (similar to their last playoff contest). Now Graham vs the winner of Central/Tazewell will be a game.

I don't see this Graham team using the quarantine as an excuse. I could see the first half being a little sloppy but after that I think they'll settle in and be good to go. 3 days of practice obviously isn't the ideal situation to be in especially against Union. I cant wait for Saturday to get here! These two teams seem to always put on a good show. 

1 hour ago, Bobsburger said:

Penalties or not, Graham by 2 touchdowns. Watching Union vs Central, I think Union will struggle to move the ball against Graham’s Dline (similar to their last playoff contest). Now Graham vs the winner of Central/Tazewell will be a game.

I agree with Graham's defense. I think Graham's defense is tremendous. However I don't think their offense is as explosive as it has been in the past. Obviously Bradshaw and Fritz are terrific players but I don't see much explosion out of anyone else. I remember last year they had a few guys Lester would throw down the field too, not to mention a solid running game with Lester and Booker. I don't think their offense is as good as it has been.

Fritz and Bradshaw are two of the best in the region. But, Union is always well coached and I anticipate them having a plan to limit those two and probably forcing Blevins to throw down field. We'll see if it works.

I wouldn't be surprised if Graham won but I think it'll be a great low scoring old school style football game.

3 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Graham is penalty prone but I think someone from Union mentioned they had maybe six personal foul penalties the last game. I could be wrong but I thought I saw that somewhere on a thread. This year’s Union seems a bit different than years past, probably just youth factor because they have great coaches. This may be who has fewer penalties or like you said, the ball last. Graham’s lack of preparation time is concerning but I’m sure their coaches will do all the can to prepare them. Should be a good game. 

I will be SHOCKED if 44 JONES doesnt have 3 personals in the game, you know that TRAVIS will try to limit the GMEN touches, by grinding it out .I dont think we can contain your passing attack, your receivers will be open all day long

2 hours ago, -oo- said:

I agree with Graham's defense. I think Graham's defense is tremendous. However I don't think their offense is as explosive as it has been in the past. Obviously Bradshaw and Fritz are terrific players but I don't see much explosion out of anyone else. I remember last year they had a few guys Lester would throw down the field too, not to mention a solid running game with Lester and Booker. I don't think their offense is as good as it has been.

Fritz and Bradshaw are two of the best in the region. But, Union is always well coached and I anticipate them having a plan to limit those two and probably forcing Blevins to throw down field. We'll see if it works.

I wouldn't be surprised if Graham won but I think it'll be a great low scoring old school style football game.

I think you can scheme Bradshaw out by putting more in coverage. Tazewell was very effective with this. However, the hard part for Union will be scheming Fritz out. Graham is young but stout up front. I don’t see Union disrupting their running game. If Fritz makes it to the 2nd level he is a different type of back. The secondary will have their hands full bringing him down. I think if Graham scores 21, it’s gets the job done.

4 minutes ago, Bobsburger said:

I think you can scheme Bradshaw out by putting more in coverage. Tazewell was very effective with this. However, the hard part for Union will be scheming Fritz out. Graham is young but stout up front. I don’t see Union disrupting their running game. If Fritz makes it to the 2nd level he is a different type of back. The secondary will have their hands full bringing him down. I think if Graham scores 21, it’s gets the job done.

I'm glad to see someone else is willing to give Fritz some credit. Im sure I'll catch some grief for this but IMHO he's the best back we've had since Jamorya.

On 4/2/2021 at 9:59 PM, jarhead24219 said:

Yep same kid every game for the last 3 years, I would run him until his go nads fell off

4 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

I will be SHOCKED if 44 JONES doesnt have 3 personals in the game, you know that TRAVIS will try to limit the GMEN touches, by grinding it out .I dont think we can contain your passing attack, your receivers will be open all day long

JARHEAD24219 and I guess a couple of your buddies wanted to bash 44 last week but this week you actually put a number and name to it. Way to go calling out a kid. Since we're on the subject, Jones will put his nose in and do the dirty work that other kids won't!!! So as far as YOU making him run his "go nads" off...at least he has enough of em to do the job he's put in to do.

I'm not gonna continue bashing on this site so if you or your buddies want to set down some where in Big Stone and talk about it just let me know

Thanks GO BEARS!!!

3 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

I'm glad to see someone else is willing to give Fritz some credit. Im sure I'll catch some grief for this but IMHO he's the best back we've had since Jamorya.

I agree with that.  Meadows blows people off the ball and pushes them downfield.  Often, even when double teamed, he gets the better of the situation.  He and Jackson have been creating huge holes and Fritz is hard to bring down.  He is very shifty, has great balance and very strong. Graham can keep themselves in any game by wearing down their opponenta with the running game as the playoffs go on.

26 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I agree with that.  Meadows blows people off the ball and pushes them downfield.  Often, even when double teamed, he gets the better of the situation.  He and Jackson have been creating huge holes and Fritz is hard to bring down.  He is very shifty, has great balance and very strong. Graham can keep themselves in any game by wearing down their opponenta with the running game as the playoffs go on.

Who is better.... Abingdon's Martin Lucas or Fritz? I've seen Lucas in person and on film, and I've only seen Fritz on film. Just curious.

14 minutes ago, jonah58 said:

Who is better.... Abingdon's Martin Lucas or Fritz? I've seen Lucas in person and on film, and I've only seen Fritz on film. Just curious.

Thats a good question. I don't know enough about the Abingdon kid to say one way or the other. Like @Real Sasquatch said Fritz has really good balance. He's a 4x State Champion in wrestling and he has 2018 football ring as well. Football is the ultimate TEAM sport and I dont like bragging too much on particular kids but he's a workhorse. 

*****No I'm not his dad lol

1 hour ago, UNION#ATW said:

JARHEAD24219 and I guess a couple of your buddies wanted to bash 44 last week but this week you actually put a number and name to it. Way to go calling out a kid. Since we're on the subject, Jones will put his nose in and do the dirty work that other kids won't!!! So as far as YOU making him run his "go nads" off...at least he has enough of em to do the job he's put in to do.

I'm not gonna continue bashing on this site so if you or your buddies want to set down some where in Big Stone and talk about it just let me know

Thanks GO BEARS!!!

Kid kid , oh my I thought he was at least......18, no 19 and like what 6foot something tall , 225 , let’s see at 18-19 I was in the Marines, had been to Beirut and landed in Grenada killed some terrorist and received some shiny medals for it , so don’t talk to me about Kids, good God , I wasn’t bashing no one , just stating a simple truth, no lies just facts . Talk , or do you mean fight, no I will not take advantage of you emotions nor will fight over a stupid post , let the man you call kid be held accountable, let him think of the TEAM , after all it’s his final year and then he is out in the real world , where he too may have to take a life to save his and if he makes a boneheaded decision there it won’t be 15 yards . The “kid” has made some great plays but he also has made some really bad penalties that cost His Team. No bashing just simple truth

Traveled up and down 61 many of times, dangerous road. Also with mudslides on 460 now isn’t safe either. Back to football, I would love to see another matchup of Tazewell and Graham. I think Tazewell has a veteran team that has been there before and are hungry to make one last impression on Southwest Virginia. Yes graham won the game technically, but give me another fight... picking the dogs!! 

3 minutes ago, Corn man legend 300 said:

Traveled up and down 61 many of times, dangerous road. Also with mudslides on 460 now isn’t safe either. Back to football, I would love to see another matchup of Tazewell and Graham. I think Tazewell has a veteran team that has been there before and are hungry to make one last impression on Southwest Virginia. Yes graham won the game technically, but give me another fight... picking the dogs!! 

Tazewell does have a veteran team and I hope they win Friday night. I'm not sure what you mean by they have been there before. Furthermore Graham plays a tough Union squad Saturday and if I'm not mistaken Tazewell plays a very tough Central team. Pump your brakes a couple times and take care of business Friday before you worry about another game lol

29 minutes ago, PCLR32 said:

Fritz is a tough kid and solid High School Running back, but when we are talking about Lucas, this is a kid with major D1 offers including 1 BCS school offer.  Hard to compete with those credentials.

This will probably ruffle alot of feathers but the only kid with anything close to D1 talent in Region D is Meadows from Graham. That's just my opinion. 

12 minutes ago, Corn man legend 300 said:

Riddle me this? When has this Tazewell team been there before? No one can afford to look ahead, one game at a time. Tazewell has a lot more age on Graham so yes, veteran team. Central has some veteran players who have been there before though. They’ll be tough. Hoping the Dawgs and Graham can bring home a win for SWD but have to get by Union & Central first. 

10 minutes ago, jonah58 said:

This will probably ruffle alot of feathers but the only kid with anything close to D1 talent in Region D is Meadows from Graham. That's just my opinion. 

Bradshaw had an offer from Notre Dame, so I would say they know a thing or 2 about D1 talent.