Graham vs Union

Graham32

18 minutes ago, Corn man legend 300 said:

You got to spread it around. They involve him in almost every other play I have seen on NFhs which isn’t doing a bad job. Chancellor Harris is a stud at running back. His brother Cassius has burned some CBs. Got to share the ball. 

This thread has taken more turns than a Watkins Glen road course. So why not add another.

Why has there not been any type of wvva story or BDT article on Chancellor? If there has been I apologize. What this kid bounced back from with his knee is pretty darn remarkable if you ask me. He worked his butt off just for one more shot at playing football. Not only has he made it back he's still good and fun to watch.

23 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

If Richlands plays like they did at Radford, it will be a long night for the Blue Tornadoes. 

1 minute ago, Mountain Football said:

This thread has taken more turns than a Watkins Glen road course. So why not add another.

Why has there not been any type of wvva story or BDT article on Chancellor? If there has been I apologize. What this kid bounced back from with his knee is pretty darn remarkable if you ask me. He worked his butt off just for one more shot at playing football. Not only has he made it back he's still good and fun to watch.

I agree. He is a stud. He is tougher than me for sure. That is what makes a special football player, ones that get back up and succeed. I think his dad the coach has had a great impact on him too. Tazewell never gets no love. 

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

If Richlands plays like they did at Radford, it will be a long night for the Blue Tornadoes. 

Blue Tornado**
(there’s not an “s” on the end). 🙂

5 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Blue Tornado**
(there’s not an “s” on the end). 🙂

So why do people say the “Blues” in reference to Richlands? By your reasoning, they should just say “Blue” but whatever makes you feel better. A long night for the Blue “Tornado “ then, feel better? 😂😂😂😂

12 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

So why do people say the “Blues” in reference to Richlands? By your reasoning, they should just say “Blue” but whatever makes you feel better. A long night for the Blue “Tornado “ then, feel better? 😂😂😂😂

Blues is just a shortened name lol. But it’s Blue Tornado similar to how Stanford are the Cardinal. One singular unit with no plural version. 
It will 1000% be a long night if they don’t stops feeling sorry for themselves. I have a feeling the seniors will have them fired up and ready to play. But I’ve been wrong plenty before. 

8 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

I won't diverge details but anybody that knows the whole story about his ordeal from post tear to surgery makes it that much more remarkable in my opinion.

9 hours ago, jonah58 said:

My opinion counts for far less than theirs, but I just don't see it. However, it doesn't matter if I do or not. I just don't see the type of impact I saw from the Jones Brothers, Beasley, Miller, etc. But I am often wrong. 

I do feel that sometimes family history and last names open more doors, and that's in everything.  

I won't take anything away from him but I have seen other athletes from schools that seem to be same level, even ones from Graham in the past.  They don't get the same looks that he does.  Name can open a lot more doors than talent can in some cases.

10 hours ago, Corn man legend 300 said:

Traveled up and down 61 many of times, dangerous road. Also with mudslides on 460 now isn’t safe either. Back to football, I would love to see another matchup of Tazewell and Graham. I think Tazewell has a veteran team that has been there before and are hungry to make one last impression on Southwest Virginia. Yes graham won the game technically, but give me another fight... picking the dogs!! 

Mudslides have been cleaned up...460 is completely clear, just watch for potholes...

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

Blues is just a shortened name lol. But it’s Blue Tornado similar to how Stanford are the Cardinal. One singular unit with no plural version. 
It will 1000% be a long night if they don’t stops feeling sorry for themselves. I have a feeling the seniors will have them fired up and ready to play. But I’ve been wrong plenty before. 

blue1.jpg

You're my boy, Blue!

42 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Before 2006 didn’t Richlands’ press box say “Blue Tornadoes” on it? 

Yeah. I think it’s officially Tornado, but some put the es on the end of it. I was just having a little fun. 

55 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Yeah. I think it’s officially Tornado, but some put the es on the end of it. I was just having a little fun. 

Tornado does makes more sense, I just always wondered why it said Tornadoes before. 

13 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Graham can keep themselves in any game by wearing down their opponenta with the running game as the playoffs go on.

Agree with you, but in order to do that, you have to call running plays instead of pass plays when a situation is kind of a 50/50 down, pass or run.  Graham in those 50/50 type run or pass situations often chooses pass over run and that almost cost them big time at Tazewell.

30 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Over at Riverview we were the Tazewell County Bulldogs

While we are at it... technically it is Central Warriors.  There's no Wise... its not Wise-Central or Central-Wise.... just Central. Would I have picked that? No way. Terribly generic. 

17 minutes ago, jonah58 said:

While we are at it... technically it is Central Warriors.  There's no Wise... its not Wise-Central or Central-Wise.... just Central. Would I have picked that? No way. Terribly generic. 

I thought it was either The Wal Mart Warriors or Upper J.I.Burton Warriors 

14 minutes ago, UNION'S HAMMER said:

I thought it was either The Wal Mart Warriors or Upper J.I.Burton Warriors 

That's just as funny as the Valero Bears.... since it's so cool to name schools based on proximity to businesses. 🤔

36 minutes ago, jonah58 said:

That's just as funny as the Valero Bears.... since it's so cool to name schools based on proximity to businesses. 🤔

I guess Ridgeview should be called In the middle of nowhere Wolf pack then