Graham vs Union

Graham32

1 minute ago, GMan said:

I'm telling you right now, if Tazewell Co. doesn't get creative with school names when consolidation time comes, I'm going to be pissed!!!  If administrators can't be more creative than "Central", "Union", or "Ridgeview", they don't need to be in office!  Tazewell Co. has enough history and geography that the names could be so unique that there may never be another school with the same name in the US.  It's all right there in front of them if they could just see it.  And don't let the stupid teenage kids pick the names either, they have no concept of the local culture, geography, and history of the County and they are far from knowledgeable enough to make that decision.

West Tazewell Kudzu and the East Tazewell Stink Bugs.

36 minutes ago, GMan said:

I'm telling you right now, if Tazewell Co. doesn't get creative with school names when consolidation time comes, I'm going to be pissed!!!  If administrators can't be more creative than "Central", "Union", or "Ridgeview", "Bears", "Warriors, or "Wolfpack", they don't need to be in office!  Tazewell Co. has enough culture, history, and geography that the names could be so unique that there may never be another school with the same name in the US.  It's all right there in front of them if they could just see it.  And don't let the stupid teenage kids pick the names either, they have no concept of the local culture, geography, and history of the County and they are far from knowledgeable enough to make that decision.  Just use imagination and be unique, it isn't that difficult...

And please, no "Twin" or use of the color purple. 

I say the East end of Tazewell County use East River Mountain in some way and the West end utilize the Clinch River. 

39 minutes ago, GMan said:

I'm telling you right now, if Tazewell Co. doesn't get creative with school names when consolidation time comes, I'm going to be pissed!!!  If administrators can't be more creative than "Central", "Union", or "Ridgeview", "Bears", "Warriors, or "Wolfpack", they don't need to be in office!  Tazewell Co. has enough culture, history, and geography that the names could be so unique that there may never be another school with the same name in the US.  It's all right there in front of them if they could just see it.  And don't let the stupid teenage kids pick the names either, they have no concept of the local culture, geography, and history of the County and they are far from knowledgeable enough to make that decision.  Just use imagination and be unique, it isn't that difficult...

Problem is that requires common sense and that seems to be as rare as anything in today's age.

3 hours ago, GMan said:

You’re gonna get Bluestone and Paint Lick with talk like that!

2 hours ago, cityofRaven said:

And please, no "Twin" or use of the color purple. 

I say the East end of Tazewell County use East River Mountain in some way and the West end utilize the Clinch River. 

Come on now Twin Tazewell Purple Dragons would be a great name.  Puff the magic Dragon could be the mascot

12 minutes ago, -oo- said:

I've heard some rumblings of Graham not being at full capacity this weekend. Any truth to this?

Team or fans?

I saw that they were going to stick with the 250 number from what I read.  As far as the team I'm sure the lack of practice is going to hurt them.

22 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

You’re gonna get Bluestone and Paint Lick with talk like that!

But Bluestone is already a high school in VA...BE DIFFERENT!!!

1 hour ago, stu_bean said:

Team or fans?

I saw that they were going to stick with the 250 number from what I read.  As far as the team I'm sure the lack of practice is going to hurt them.

Team. Missing a couple players. Some starters. I don't really want to speculate as to why a young man won't be available, but I do know a few will be out. Not 100% sure on the reason.

13 minutes ago, -oo- said:

Team. Missing a couple players. Some starters. I don't really want to speculate as to why a young man won't be available, but I do know a few will be out. Not 100% sure on the reason.

That won't be good for them then.  May not be a surprise for Union to give a good run and come away with the win depending on who it is.

Still got to pull for the gmen and hope the Dogs come away with it tonight.  Want that rematch badly 🙂

2 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Team or fans?

I think they're giving the other 250 to Union. I know each player is getting 4 each, and they're selling the rest on a first come basis.

1 minute ago, Union_Fan said:

I think they're giving the other 250 to Union. I know each player is getting 4 each, and they're selling the rest on a first come basis.

The Bluefield New’s paper mentioned they are offering to seniors instead of selling to the public. 

3 minutes ago, Bobsburger said:

The Bluefield New’s paper mentioned they are offering to seniors instead of selling to the public. 

I should have been clearer. I meant that each Union player is getting 4 tickets, and Union HS is selling the rest of their allotment on a first come basis. I'm not sure how many they received altogether, but 4 x 50 would be 200 off the top.

7 hours ago, GMan said:

I'm telling you right now, if Tazewell Co. doesn't get creative with school names when consolidation time comes, I'm going to be pissed!!!  I

The Tazefield G-Dogs & The Richwell Bullnados? The BlueBulls?

Yeah... that last nickname... just.. no.