Richlands QB play

Hokiefan4life

2 hours ago, redtiger said:

His size and ability reminds me of a player from Knott County Central in KY a few years ago, Cameron Jones: big, strong, cannon of an arm, and moved well to be that size. Recruited as a 3/4* QB by a few programs including Cincinnati.  Hes playing TE now as a red shirt sophomore for the Bearcats and I imagine OL is in his future.

Good point. Cam Allen, Player of the Year in VA was not recruited as a QB but he played both ways for Graham. He's playing defense for Purdue. No offense, I don't think any SWD QB is on the same level as Cam Allen. A position change might be in Cox's best interest if he wants to go on to the next level and actually get to play. 

11 hours ago, PCLR32 said:

Yep.  Maybe a stretch on the height,  Looked 6-6ish to me, but being a junior the young man is still growing and may well have been 6-8 by the time Richlands season is over or near over (Ridgeview game).  

He is officially 6'8.  The roster is from last year and has him listed at 6'6, 255.  They didn't update the info for spring season.

9 hours ago, redtiger said:

His size and ability reminds me of a player from Knott County Central in KY a few years ago, Cameron Jones: big, strong, cannon of an arm, and moved well to be that size. Recruited as a 3/4* QB by a few programs including Cincinnati.  Hes playing TE now as a red shirt sophomore for the Bearcats and I imagine OL is in his future.

TE was what I had in mind, at that size he could fit well as an in line blocker and with his athleticism he could maybe get open in routes. That's also around optimal size for a 3-4 DE if he could use his athletic burst to get off the edge.

1 hour ago, VHSLhelper said:

I guess ppl. aren't old enough to rem.  Heath Miller

No, that's the exact point I, as well as others, was making.  It's fine for a HS QB to be that big but if a kid wants to play at next level, it almost always requires a position change.

9 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

No, that's the exact point I, as well as others, was making.  It's fine for a HS QB to be that big but if a kid wants to play at next level, it almost always requires a position change.

Heath miller wasn't 270-280 either...not even close BTW

56 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Haven't watched the kid but if he is in same world as heath miller he can play any position he wants...question is....is he?

Risking the wrath of his aunt or whoever,  no, hes not.  Few are. Still, due to great genetics he's got potential.