Richlands QB play

Hokiefan4life

I got to watch the young man play Saturday and the kid is BIG. Only thing I seen that IMO I didn't like was that big and had several chances to run and pick up big yardage and chose not to. Maybe coach told him not to I don't know, but the kid looks pretty good.

50 minutes ago, RCITYHOO said:

Only thing I seen that IMO I didn't like was that big and had several chances to run and pick up big yardage and chose not to. 

No offense, but having watched him on several occasions, I get the impression he doesn't like to get tackled/hit so that might explain not running when he had the opportunity. I could totally be misreading the situation and possibly the coach has told him not to run. Either way, he's got potential to be a lot better and other options with his size. 

1 hour ago, FoxTrot said:

All due respect, that is a bit of a different athlete at 6-7.  Man, that was one nasty defense Gate City had as well.

Are you saying Josh Shoemaker's only 6'7"?  He's 6'9" ALL DAY LONG! I'll find a relative to come on this site and confirm.

51 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

Are you saying Josh Shoemaker's only 6'7"?  He's 6'9" ALL DAY LONG! I'll find a relative to come on this site and confirm.

Sorry, 6-9!  That is funny!

5 hours ago, RCITYHOO said:

I got to watch the young man play Saturday and the kid is BIG. Only thing I seen that IMO I didn't like was that big and had several chances to run and pick up big yardage and chose not to. Maybe coach told him not to I don't know, but the kid looks pretty good.

I thought the exact same thing.  Multiple opptys to run with 10-15 yds in front of him and then throw a questionable pass.  Don't know if that is what he was told to do.   he was 10-25 on the day with 3 ints.  He's got a strong arm but I don't see the accuracy to be a pocket passer.  Radford couldn't get much pressure with 2 starting DEs not playing so he had lots of time.  Richlands receivers also couldn't create separation which didn't help him.