all playoff games Friday @ 7 unless noted

1D : Castlewood @ #1 Holston, 
J.I. Burton (2-1 ???? ) @ #2 Pat. Henry (GS) (SAT)  - NOT @ Honaker
1C : #4 George Wythe @ #1 Galax,   #3 Parry McCluer @ #2 Narrows

2D : Union @ #1 Graham (SAT),  Tazewell @ Central 
2C : #4 Radford @ #1 Appomattox Co.,  #3 Glenvar @ #2 Dan River

3D : Christiansburg @ #1 Lord Botetourt (SAT), Carroll Co. @ #2 Abingdon
4D : Amherst Co. @ #1 Salem, Pulaski Co. @ #2 GW-Danville - THURSDAY @ 6 
5D : Mountain View @ #1 Patrick Henry-Roanoke (6:00), Harrisonburg @ #2 William Fleming 
6A : Franklin Co. @ Thomas Dale - THURSDAY

1 hour ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Ft chiswell and/or at Giles? Wouldn't that be plus 2 if the "and" was used

It COULD be like a pre-season jam... 

1:00 : FC-JR, 2 quarters

2:00 : JR-Giles, 2 quarters

3:00 : FC-Giles, 2 quarters

37 minutes ago, PCLR32 said:

Pointless game. We need to pack it in, get our you men who actually have some talent, and get em in the gym, and prepare for next yr.

Agree and if kids don't want to play a meaningless game it's a waste of time IMO

If the G-Men were to win Region D, and I specifically write the G-Men because their home field is in WV, then what are the chances they could use WV attendance rules?  If I'm not mistaken, the Region D winner is the host of the Region C winner, and the winner of D/C hosts the state title game, so there is a possibility and a strong one based on Graham's football prowess that the state semifinals and even the state championship could be played in the state of WV like it was in 1989.  I'm not sure about Graham of 95 and Graham of 2018 traveled of course to neutral site, but I suspect the Graham admins could make that thing interesting if they wanted to.  If I were playing for the state title and I were Graham, I would have to admit.  I would open the gates and pack Mitchell as best as possible.  It's not like the VHSL can punish you the following week, and if they tried, I would think because the stadium is in WV, Graham could possibly tie that thing up in court for a while because there would have to be little, if any precedence on this for the VHSL.  Totally different if any team within Virginia did it other than Graham, who has a home field that simply is not in the state of Virginia.

5 hours ago, PCLR32 said:

Pointless game. We need to pack it in, get our you men who actually have some talent, and get em in the gym, and prepare for next yr.

There was a time when there were no playoffs so I guess all the games before then were pointless. Or the games could be for fun, education and teamwork and all the other reasons that we have high schools sports in the first place.

2 hours ago, Fairlawncat said:

If the G-Men were to win Region D, and I specifically write the G-Men because their home field is in WV, then what are the chances they could use WV attendance rules?  If I'm not mistaken, the Region D winner is the host of the Region C winner, and the winner of D/C hosts the state title game, so there is a possibility and a strong one based on Graham's football prowess that the state semifinals and even the state championship could be played in the state of WV like it was in 1989.  I'm not sure about Graham of 95 and Graham of 2018 traveled of course to neutral site, but I suspect the Graham admins could make that thing interesting if they wanted to.  If I were playing for the state title and I were Graham, I would have to admit.  I would open the gates and pack Mitchell as best as possible.  It's not like the VHSL can punish you the following week, and if they tried, I would think because the stadium is in WV, Graham could possibly tie that thing up in court for a while because there would have to be little, if any precedence on this for the VHSL.  Totally different if any team within Virginia did it other than Graham, who has a home field that simply is not in the state of Virginia.

I've said all along Graham could go by WV guidelines but it was a matter of the powers that be getting blow back from the other two county schools. With it being playoffs, maybe they'd be willing to push the envelope. 

2 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I've said all along Graham could go by WV guidelines but it was a matter of the powers that be getting blow back from the other two county schools. With it being playoffs, maybe they'd be willing to push the envelope. 

I think the all-knowing media would tattle to King Ralph.