+1 / ROUND 1 game schedule / scores

VHSLhelper

25 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

There was a time when there were no playoffs so I guess all the games before then were pointless. Or the games could be for fun, education and teamwork and all the other reasons that we have high schools sports in the first place.

I think it depends completely on the individual team and their circumstances.  Before their were playoffs, games mattered exactly for the reasons you described, but those reasons can be accomplished today due to the changing of the times, technology, interconnectivity that doesn't require an additional game.  If we are going to value one additional game, then why not 2 games?  Lets play 3......  Nothing wrong with that for some programs, but some, like the one I support needs time in the weight room before they step on the field again, and they need to learn the game more/maturity as in watching film.  That time can be better served off the field at this point in time for my specific school.

40 games, a high school player has the opportunity to play in 40 games. For the kids in high school now that's been cut to 36. Every one after that is precious and should be viewed as such. For those teams that are struggling, that's the beauty of +1. They don't have to play a dominant team that will physically beat them down and embarrass them,  they can play a competitive game with a team facing similar issues. 

1 hour ago, Tigerman10 said:

Hurley playing Tom Walker-that is the winner for longest haul 

Seems like your average road trip for a playoff game in West by God.  4 hours of hills, hollers, nothing.  Yeeesshhh