+1 / ROUND 1 game schedule / scores

VHSLhelper

Pioneers win 21 to 14

Lebanon could have won this by a lot more if they chose. 

The Pioneers jumped out to a 21 to 0 lead, then went through the motions. They also played  a lot of young players who will play major roles next season. A win is a win.  Pioneers finish 4-3,  and have their 1st winning season since 2013. A major improvement from 1-9 in 2020. 

Congrats Pioneers!

Go Red!!

8 hours ago, EH31 said:

SWD leading the M7 2-0 in the SWD-M7 postseason challenge with 4 games to go 😆

I'm surprised Lebanon-Lee was that close, as it took Lee 5 games to score their first touchdown, and surprised that Battle lost to Virginia High.

It looked to me like Lebanon let off once they got up.

VA High was CONSIDERABLY faster than Battle and that gave the Trojans a lot of problems both Offensively (no outside run game and pass game gampered) and Defensively (can't tackle what you can't catch).

55 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

I'm surprised Lebanon-Lee was that close, as it took Lee 5 games to score their first touchdown, and surprised that Battle lost to Virginia High.

It was only close on the scoreboard-Lebanon had about 10 penalties in the second half several of which called back long TDs and twice they failed to score inside the 10 yard line.  

First time all year I’ve seen them look undisciplined-the little scat back they have is going to be a huge problem for the Hogo I think. He has been impressive every time I’ve seen them to be no bigger than he is. Hits hard on D and is lightning in the open field. 

1 hour ago, Tigerman10 said:

It was only close on the scoreboard-Lebanon had about 10 penalties in the second half several of which called back long TDs and twice they failed to score inside the 10 yard line.  

First time all year I’ve seen them look undisciplined-the little scat back they have is going to be a huge problem for the Hogo I think. He has been impressive every time I’ve seen them to be no bigger than he is. Hits hard on D and is lightning in the open field. 

I wasn't impressed with the calls, but a win is a win. You can't let off the gas. I think they were overconfident. They got up and then went through the motions. Some of the penalties were bad calls, especially on some of the tds. They lose some on the line, but I think they will be competitive in the hogo. The JV team is going to be really tough when they hit varsity. Lebanon has a good qb in Reece Coming up with recievers to go with him and the running back Dillion and Olsen are going to be tough,  mixed in with the younger Hertig. 

2 hours ago, redtiger said:

I thought the Pioneer JV looked good against Ridgeview.  QB was very impressive 

I agree, he is very impressive for an 8th grader. I've heard he is holding back this year. I can't wait until that group hits varsity. They will be fun to watch as they develop. 

6 hours ago, Tigerman10 said:

The little scat back is Hertig's younger brother. He should grow some, his brother was small and quick at that age as well.  He has the potential to be better than his older brother. He has been playing varsity since his freshman season. He is only a sophomore. His older brother hadn't played in a couple seasons. Lebanon has had talent and athletes roaming the halls and playing other sports, just not football. Having those guys made a big difference this year, and hopefully seeing varsity win some will get more of those guys to play.