+1 / ROUND 1 game schedule / scores

VHSLhelper

+1 Final from Annandale... T.C. Williams loses their swansong, falling 24-15 to Yorktown.

Starting July 1, they'll officially be called.... Alexandria High (you may have notice that already in the weekly AP scores list)

10 hours ago, FoxTrot said:

Agree will be favorite to win in 2A Baseball this year, but lose way too many players for next season even in 1A!1

They have quite a bit of talent coming up. 

7 hours ago, VHSLhelper said:

+1 Final from Annandale... T.C. Williams loses their swansong, falling 24-15 to Yorktown.

Starting July 1, they'll officially be called.... Alexandria High (you may have notice that already in the weekly AP scores list)

Why the name change?  

To be fair, Thomas Chambliss Williams was a pretty despicable human being. He even went so far as to ensure the use of “Eminent Domain” displaced only black families in order to build a new high school.....that would ultimately bear his name!

1 minute ago, sixcat said:

To be fair, Thomas Chambliss Williams was a pretty despicable human being. He even went so far as to ensure the use of “Eminent Domain” displaced only black families in order to build a new high school.....that would ultimately bear his name!

I agree. There is nothing wrong with this name change. If you look back you realize he was not a good person.

5 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Schools have no business disciplining kids for what they do off of school grounds. 

I’m not sure I completely agree.  What happens when the star QB runs from police, flips his car several times with his girlfriend in the passenger seat, destroys private property in the process and gets a DUI?  Oh, and the arresting officer is an assistant football coach. 

At one local high school, this exact scenario played out, allowing the star QB to continue to lead his team to a state championship.

Personally, I do not believe he should have been allowed to continue in any extracurricular activity until his community service was completed. But I digress!

Extra curricular activities are different. It is not a right to participate. If you violate concrete team rules then you can be disciplined. I missed two baseball games for violating a team rule off of campus. I knew the rule and I was punished. However I was still allowed to go to school and the school had no authority to stop me from attending.

2 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Extra curricular activities are different. It is not a right to participate. If you violate concrete team rules then you can be disciplined. I missed two baseball games for violating a team rule off of campus. I knew the rule and I was punished. However I was still allowed to go to school and the school had no authority to stop me from attending.

I can agree with that. 

The young lady at Cave Spring would be well served by having to perform community service in a capacity that helps underprivileged segments of society while having to face her classmates everyday by attending school. 

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

I figured it was something of that nature.  I didn't know the history behind the name T.C. Williams

Fritz with about a 70 yard run after breaking a tackle that would've been a 5 yard loss.

Fumbled inside Union's 15 and it was knocked into the end zone and Graham recovers for a TD.

Union could have and should have recovered that in the end zone for a touchback.

Graham - 7

Union - 0

11:17

1st quarter