+1 / ROUND 1 game schedule / scores

VHSLhelper

Just now, goose111874 said:

Parry McCluer had some great teams in the 80s and 90s

The PM 1981 team that my cuz hauled in the pass from  Kelly QB Church to sink 19-14 was an outstanding squad.

1 minute ago, Unchained said:

The PM 1981 team that my cuz hauled in the pass from  Kelly QB Church to sink 19-14 was an outstanding squad.

Was that the year PM played Powell Valley in regular season

7 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

That and they are mostly sophomores.. 

come one they played tough against taz and richlands dont use the sophmore angle here. they just got beat! no adjustments from what i saw on D and union smashed it down grahams throat and by the end of the game they were gassed. 

25 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Was that the year PM played Powell Valley in regular season

fourseasonsfootball has them playing twice in reg season, 86-87. PV won both. PV 3-1 overall, 1-1 in playoffs. PV win 82, PM win 83

46 minutes ago, GDUB said:

come one they played tough against taz and richlands dont use the sophmore angle here. they just got beat! no adjustments from what i saw on D and union smashed it down grahams throat and by the end of the game they were gassed. 

Yeah, I'm just a sore loser who is making excuses for why a bunch of kids lost a game.  I wasn't adding commentary to some rambling post about somebody saying they weren't mentally tough or anything.  While we are at it, lets make a backhand comment that questions somebodys intention for posting something.  Surely that has never happened on a message board.

Next Step:  Make it personal by throwing out some insults.

Classic.  I'll wait for it.  Thanks. 

10 hours ago, BigWinners said:

fourseasonsfootball has them playing twice in reg season, 86-87. PV won both. PV 3-1 overall, 1-1 in playoffs. PV win 82, PM win 83

That 83 playoff game was bizarre. If you had looked at the stat sheet without knowing the final score, you'd have assumed PV had won by a couple of TD+. PV spent the entire day starting every drive with terrible field position, and moved the football up and down the field but could never punch it in and lost 7-3. 

59 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

There were about four that could have got him including that young man. He’s played pretty well most of the season too. No excuse for those boys letting him score. 

Not taking a shot at him but that’s a play that Bradshaw most likely runs down if he was playing.

not sure if it was mentioned or not but on 4th down why did graham throw a pass that even if ur was completed wouldn’t have netted a first down? Seems like taking a shot there or putting to pin them deep would’ve been the better option, 

Ultimately it came down to union playing to Union playing to win on the last play and Graham playing for overtime. 

I know that particular DB has taken a ton of criticism for the last play, but like @Gridiron60 said there was a few others out there that halfway tried to make a tackle as well. Granted he completely dodged the runner and then come up "hurt" but their "attempts" wasn't much. 

After watching this game live then watching it again on nfhs the more frustrated I get😂 I guess human nature is to figure "why" or "what" went wrong. My only conclusion is weak schedule(no fault of their own). Maybe not as much weak as we didn't face a team all year that ran downhill like Union did. Is that a lame excuse? Maybe so lol. Going forward if I'm Palmer. I'd be more concerned with the LB play than anything else. 

Just my opinion. Take it for what its worth 😂

11 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

Maybe not as much weak as we didn't face a team all year that ran downhill like Union did. 

Thats a legit factor. The SWD has Spread Gun teams at the top, the M7 has Under Center run based teams with the 2A teams being 3 back, RV being the only strong Gun team in the M7 (GC actually throws the ball well but struggles in other areas). If you're not used to playing physical football in tight spaces it's very different.  A decade and a half ago the Spread was the new thing: coaches didn't know how to defend it, players weren't comfortable defending it. Now that script has flipped and 3 back offenses with a TE or two are abnormal and have an advantage.

Look at the difference in Lebanon when they started mixing in/basing out of the Power-I. All of a sudden they're competitive. There are other contributing factors but offensive style is absolutely part of it. 

16 minutes ago, redtiger said:

Thats a legit factor. The SWD has Spread Gun teams at the top, the M7 has Under Center run based teams with the 2A teams being 3 back, RV being the only strong Gun team in the M7, and GC actuallythrowing the ball well but struggling in other areas. If you're not used to playing physical football in tight spaces it's very different.  A decade and a half ago the Spread was the new thing: coaches didn't know how to defend it, players weren't comfortable defending it. Now that script has flipped and 3 back offenses with a TE or two are abnormal and have an advantage.

Look at the difference in Lebanon when they started mixing in/basing out of the Power-I. All of a sudden they're competitive. There are other contributing factors but offensive style is absolutely part of it. 

And, to add, RV adds alot of H-back in their playbook, which is effectively I formation, but with the QB in a better position to be a threat with his feet.

2 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

That's the type of game film as a coach you want to show up Monday for practice and run Oklahoma drills till you have 11 guys left standing 🤣. Best thing Graham can do is remember that beating as best they can till August. Use it for fuel to bounce back. 

Drill & kill , get their heads in the right place. A weak district doesn’t help because a good team gets used to winning against not so good teams (no offense intended). Having out of district games against more notable programs rather than say, Princeton, will benefit Graham. I like the teams they’ve added. It might get them out of being spoiled by lack of competition. 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Drill & kill , get their heads in the right place. A weak district doesn’t help because a good team gets used to winning against not so good teams (no offense intended). Having out of district games against more notable programs rather than say, Princeton, will benefit Graham. I like the teams they’ve added. It might get them out of being spoiled by lack of competition. 

Does Union and Graham play next season.