Richlands vs Ridgeview

Gridiron60

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

If the Blue “Tornado” 😂 play like they did at Radford, it may be more than 2 TDs. 

Radford seemed to have just enough passing game to keep it balanced.  Not sure if Ridgeview has that balance so they will be able to key in on the run.  If they can break first line defense then its off to the house for them.  Guess I have to pull for a SWD and Taz Co team even if it kills me for them lol.  Drama for Richlands is mostly over but I think reality is Ridgeview will run over them.

True I think RV in 3 games have had 4 Different players catch TDs and 3 Different players Rush for TDs I hope it is a trend that will continue into the fall

I worry about RV being Rusty in that they have only played 1 football game since the end or February

5 hours ago, Counts said:

True I think RV in 3 games have had 4 Different players catch TDs and 3 Different players Rush for TDs I hope it is a trend that will continue into the fall

I worry about RV being Rusty in that they have only played 1 football game since the end or February

I didn’t realize they had only played one game since February. Can somebody please tell me the reason for canceling their regular season instead of just waiting out quarantine period? Was that a school level decision?  Seems like someone overreacted or jumped the gun on that decision. 

The Blue “Tornado” might have a chance then. Realistically, it’s like game one of season for Ridgeview. 

24 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I didn’t realize they had only played one game since February. Can somebody please tell me the reason for canceling their regular season instead of just waiting out quarantine period? Was that a school level decision?  Seems like someone overreacted or jumped the gun on that decision. 

The Blue “Tornado” might have a chance then. Realistically, it’s like game one of season for Ridgeview. 

Don't forget who their superintendent is.... definitely her decision. 

1 minute ago, jonah58 said:

Don't forget who their superintendent is.... definitely her decision. 

Leadership isn’t for all women or some men for that matter. That decision was stupid and robbed those boys of their season. People can be so ridiculous over Covid. We’ve learned enough to know, those boys should have been back practicing within 7 days. Me, I don’t even think 7 days for kids but I’m not the CDC. 

Just now, Gridiron60 said:

Leadership isn’t for all women or some men for that matter. That decision was stupid and robbed those boys of their season. People can be so ridiculous over Covid. We’ve learned enough to know, those boys should have been back practicing within 7 days. Me, I don’t even think 7 days for kids but I’m not the CDC. 

I agree fully. 

A week-10 days seems to be plenty of time for every other sports entity in the States, it doesn't make much sense to have RV have to just abandon all their playoff aspirations. I feel pretty confident they get the M7 2-seed and they had a much more realistic shot at Graham.

23 minutes ago, BigWinners said:I feel pretty confident they get the M7 2-seed and they had a much more realistic shot at Graham.

You might be right but I wouldn’t count Union out. Graham came out flat against Tazewell and will probably be rusty from nearly two weeks without full on practice. Of course, I’m hoping they come out focused and ready but it’s no guarantee. It may come purely to the line of scrimmage or who makes fewer mistakes. 

3 hours ago, Weatherman said:

With all that has been going on with Richlands, I think Ridgeview wins big.  Ridgeview is one of the top 3 teams in the Region, and maybe could have won the region if they had the opportunity.

Yeah,  this has got to be a really tough situation for coach Tarter and the other coaches,  but especially for the kids on the team !  I don't know how the kids can focus on the game like they might normally would with the crazy going on around them that is not of their making.  Coach Tarter is a good man and hopefully he can rally the kids so they can have a good competitive game today,  but it will be tough.  

I wish the best for coach Wells moving on but it all just sucks for the kids,  who will now have another new coach and new system to learn before next season. I just hope they will find us a new coach that truly wants to coach at Richlands for the long haul !

16 minutes ago, Bigrhsfan said:

Yeah,  this has got to be a really tough situation for coach Tarter and the other coaches,  but especially for the kids on the team !  I don't know how the kids can focus on the game like they might normally would with the crazy going on around them that is not of their making.  Coach Tarter is a good man and hopefully he can rally the kids so they can have a good competitive game today,  but it will be tough.  

I wish the best for coach Wells moving on but it all just sucks for the kids,  who will now have another new coach and new system to learn before next season. I just hope they will find us a new coach that truly wants to coach at Richlands for the long haul !

Depending on their performance today I would think Tarter could be a good fit as a replacement if he wanted it that is. 

Best to the Blues today!!!  Coach Tarter is a seasoned coach and this isn't his "first rodeo."  The team may be down with happenings  but they are still resilient young men.  If they come out aggressive the 1Q with no turnovers,  I think they have a good chance of "putting a W beside the lighting R."  

My heart really goes out to the kids on the Richlands squad. A fact of life is that adversity will come. I hope these young men grow from this. None of this as any of their fault/has been anything that they could control. I love the Bears,but I love ALL of our kids here in SWVA,and want only the best for them (because we all know that living here puts us behind the 8 ball in other folk's eyes). Having said that I humbly ask that folks don't revel in the misery of young kids. To do shows a blatant lack of character.

I’ve never been more proud of a group of kids. 

Short season. Covid regulations. Cancellations. Reschedules. They’ve been through hell for the last 2 weeks. They’ve been wished ill and torn in half in the public eye, and to come back from down 28-0 to take the lead and fall one yard short of a miracle win, I couldn’t be more proud. 

Thank you to coaches Tarter and Altizer for all they’ve done for our community over the years. 

6 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Short season. Covid regulations. Cancellations. Reschedules. They’ve been through hell for the last 2 weeks. They’ve been wished ill and torn in half in the public eye, and to come back from down 28-0 to take the lead and fall one yard short of a miracle win, I couldn’t be more proud. 

Thank you to coaches Tarter and Altizer for all they’ve done for our community over the years. 

Who tore the kids in half and wished ill will on them? 

30 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Everyone in same boat