Thad Wells

Friday Night Lights

1 hour ago, Mountain Football said:

In all honesty if he announced his resignation today. Do you want him to coach tomorrow? I'd tell him not to let the door hit him in the ass on his way out. But thats me.

Makes sense, I can't really disagree, but leaving like this is a very, very shitty move. HOPEFULLY he told the team first but I doubt it. Doesn't seem like his MO.

2 hours ago, BigWinners said:

You were 100% right, dudes a scumbag.

Ya know if someone asks 10 people about you and all 10 say you're a prig then you're a prig:) I have never heard anything about him that wasn't negative.

3 minutes ago, Unchained said:

Ya know if someone asks 10 people about you and all 10 say you're a prig then you're a prig:) I have never heard anything about him that wasn't negative.

There is one on here that says positive things about him

Did he resign or was he asked to leave? Heard both things

From the Richlands Blue “Tornado” Facebook Page: 

Thank you Coach Wells for leading the program through what was the wildest year we’ve ever known. Good luck at the next level! 

And good luck to Coach Tarter as he takes the reigns for tomorrow’s plus-one game at Ridgeview. 

#GoBlue🌪

Somebody being way too kind. Who’s the moderator of that page? 😂

Should be take the “reins”, somebody let Ryan know so he can correct them. 😂😂😂 JK 

10 minutes ago, Unchained said:

Well I went back and edited my post, if he was asked to leave that changes the situation totally.

2 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Well I went back and edited my post, if he was asked to leave that changes the situation totally.

I don’t know if he was asked to leave but I’m sure the thing with UVA-Wise has been in the works. I even mentioned last week in a thread about him coaching at the collegiate level such as UVA-Wise because I’ve heard those rumblings since he took the reins at Richlands. 

6 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I don’t know if he was asked to leave but I’m sure the thing with UVA-Wise has been in the works. I even mentioned last week in a thread about him coaching at the collegiate level such as UVA-Wise because I’ve heard those rumblings since he took the reins at Richlands. 

Yeah it's still a very shitty thing to do, but maybe he's just a dick and not a scumbag lol

19 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I don’t know if he was asked to leave, but I’m sure the thing with UVA-Wise has been in the works. I even mentioned last week in a thread about him coaching at the collegiate level such as UVA-Wise, because I’ve heard those rumblings since he took the reins at Richlands. 

It's been such a sure thing at UVa Wise this whole time that he's actually going to UVa in Charlottesville. 

Go G-Mens!

42 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

From the Richlands Blue “Tornado” Facebook Page: 

Thank you Coach Wells for leading the program through what was the wildest year we’ve ever known. Good luck at the next level! 

And good luck to Coach Tarter as he takes the reigns for tomorrow’s plus-one game at Ridgeview. 

#GoBlue🌪

Somebody being way too kind. Who’s the moderator of that page? 😂

Being very generous... What a ridiculous move to make. Kinda glad that he is gone, its obvious his heart was not in it now. Not hopeful of Richlands winning tomorrow, especially now with this junk on their shoulders. How do you go through coaching boys for a week, then just quit...? Classless. I am sure that certain Richlands fans on here will still defend him though, even after this.

13 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Odd timing for the move for sure.  Is Wells a teacher at Richlands?

He was hired as teacher & AD in addition to head coach. He gave up teaching position and AD before he ever started but remained head coach. I don’t think he wanted to teach anything but weightlifting and he was going to have an SOL tested class or so I heard. 

5 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

It’s a little classless but I guess it’s his right to determine what’s best for him and his family. However, had they hired Ronnie Davis, I guarantee he wouldn’t have resigned after one season. Hope he stays at Graham. 

They will miss him as a softball coach too!!  Good man, very honorable.

I mean, are we really that shocked that he did this? It's been his M.O. since 2013:

Virginia High - 1 year (OC)

Colleton Prep (SC) - 1 year

Blacksburg - 3 years

Mooresville (NC) - 2 years

Richlands - 1 year

I will refrain from judging his character, but his professionalism is sorely lacking

4 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Wow what's one more day on the job gonna hurt? Unbelievable

Dock his stipend!  But seriously, even if theres some sort of situation that everybody is unaware of,  you should still try to be there for those players and save the announcement for after the game.  

If 99% of the people talking trash on this thread had the same opportunity, you wouldn’t hesitate to jump on it. Leaving for a position at another high school prior to the end of the season would be classless. Leaving for a division one position, regardless of title is totally different. At the end of the day, everyone has to make whatever decision is best for their family and their career. 

1 hour ago, BigBlue05 said:

If 99% of the people talking trash on this thread had the same opportunity, you wouldn’t hesitate to jump on it. Leaving for a position at another high school prior to the end of the season would be classless. Leaving for a division one position, regardless of title is totally different. At the end of the day, everyone has to make whatever decision is best for their family and their career. 

I don’t think anyone is really begrudging him for taking an opportunity to coach at the next level. I certainly am not but I think his timing is what makes it questionable and open to criticism. Couldn’t he have waited until Monday & finished out the season? I’m sure UVA wouldn’t have objected to him finishing out the season or waiting until Monday for him to submit his letter of resignation to Tazewell Co.

(Unless as someone suggested he was asked to leave & had no control over the information being put out there; if so, unfortunate for everyone including him).