Thad Wells

Friday Night Lights

15 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

Shane Allen?

Everyone singing praises of him but give it a few years and see if he still delivers.  He turned our program around from the 0-10 seasons but then lot of people lost faith in him for various reasons.  Most shameful thing I ever witnessed was at a Marion game during halftime.  Would have thought we were up 50-0 the way he was acting and not getting our butts whipped.

If I'm wrong so be it but I wouldn't want him back.

2 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Everyone singing praises of him but give it a few years and see if he still delivers.  He turned our program around from the 0-10 seasons but then lot of people lost faith in him for various reasons.  Most shameful thing I ever witnessed was at a Marion game during halftime.  Would have thought we were up 50-0 the way he was acting and not getting our butts whipped.

If I'm wrong so be it but I wouldn't want him back.

I heard he had applied for the Richlands position is why I threw his name out there. Im old enough to remember the Shane Allen at Tazewell 😉 Maybe he learned something from his time under Dixon and applies it to his own way of coaching. 

The RIchlands position was filled in March 2020.  Mark Dixon left Galax for Pulaski in early June 2020.  So, if Shane did apply for the Richlands position, it would have been prior to knowing Dixon would be leaving Galax.

I could be completely wrong, but I can't imagine Shane leaving Galax for any position other than Carroll County.  He grew up in Hillsville and attended Carroll County High School.  This area has been his home for the majority of his life.  If I'm not mistaken, I believe his wife is from this area as well.  SWVA being what it is, our communities tend to be somewhat insular.  We don't take to outsiders quickly or easily so returning to Tazewell County wouldn't be a comfortable proposition for him, I would imagine.  Having grown up in this area, Shane is one of us.  He has the complete support of this community.  I just don't see him giving that up to return to an area that clearly didn't want him a few years ago.  

But that's just my opinion!

13 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Billy Haun.  But seriously.  Nobody has mentioned Harris Hart.

I know he would like to come back to Tazewell, teaching at least.  Won't say never but don't see him going to another school to coach.

On 4/20/2021 at 5:30 PM, BigWinners said:

Don't tell anyone guys, keep it hush hush, but they offered it to me yesterday. Not sure I can take the pressure tho, also not 100% my Madden playbook will be that easy for the HS guys to learn.

The only reason they offered it to you was I declined it. I have an ex -girlfriend that lives in Raven and I can't afford 4 new tires every evening:)

5 minutes ago, 1bburgfan said:

I just took the Richlands job and we will go for it on 4th down every time, onside kick every time and players will either play offence or defense  no 2 way players, And as a Hokie fan I hope Wells is named special teams cord ,,,,,,,,,,

Classic

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/21/2021 at 5:03 PM, Liam McPoyle said:

There's a coach down in Valdosta who might be looking. He seems like he'd be a good fit. 

I am sure McDonalds will be come an official sponsor of Richlands Athletics if they hire him, they also have enough money for both his families to live comfortably in Tazewell County.