Thad Wells

Friday Night Lights

6 hours ago, RichlandsAlum said:

That's the one thing that I find most curious about this situation.  Given the very public manner in which Coach Wells had to separate from Richlands, I would have expected some kind of corresponding hiring announcement from Charlottesville.  Relying solely on Google, I have yet to see anything like that.

Also curious about the nature of the position itself that he is taking.  A quick visit to the official athletics site at UVa provides a listing of the football staff.  I see several "analyst" positions listed but no obvious vacancies related to position coaching.

UVA is historically pretty tight lipped about personnel and Bronco is that to an extreme degree.  Would not surprise me if Wells had to “prove himself” or some other probationary measure before earning a listing.  

17 hours ago, tbgfan said:

Who was the Richlands coach who walked over to Ridgeview's side when their player was injured?  The announcers on NFHS were highly commending him for this.  

I thought it was either Brandon Compton or Bull Horn.  Not sure.  

Compton is a Richlands alum and has been the DC this year under Wells.  I wonder if he would throw his hat in the ring or will he move on since Coach Wells has?

Know Brandon well and would love to see him go for it.

14 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

hearing through the grapevine that a couple of wise county (current) coaches names are in the hat.

The head coach from Eastside would be a good one to look at if he applied...I think someone else said that earlier on this page.

3 minutes ago, cityofRaven said:

A name out of the Bluefield area has surfaced per my sources...

18 hours ago, Fairlawncat said:

Nope, but Dennis Caught hasn't coached in a while. If you can bring back Karate Kid in the form of Cobra Kai, then why not Dennis Vaught? After all, Johnny Lawrence changed for the better.

Johnny Lawrence was robbed.  That crane kick was to the face and was illegal.  Larusso should have been docked a point.  Johnny has changed for the better, but not much better.