2D : Union @ #2 Central   
2C : #3 Glenvar @ #1 Appomattox Co.

3D : #2 Abingdon @ @ #1 Lord Botetourt
4D : #2 GW-Danville @ #1 Salem
5D : #4 Mountain View @ #2 William Fleming

Edited by VHSLhelper
Covid strikes again

3 minutes ago, trublue said:
Abingdon will travel to Lord Botetourt on Friday, 4/16 @ 7pm in the Region 3D Football Finals.

great state

Lord Botey is a juggernaut

Some local connections in this matchup.  If still there, a Tazewell Bulldog alum, Chuck Burton, and Head Coach Harless, a former Abingdon Falcon.  

I have become a fan of the Holston Cavaliers and hoping they can pull out the win.  I think some may consider it an upset if they beat Burton.  Holston's QB has so many dimensions in his game, he will be a threat from quarter one to quarter four.  The Cavaliers have very capable receivers also and a "tackling machine" named Blevins.  His first name slips my mind.

13 minutes ago, trublue said:
Abingdon will travel to Lord Botetourt on Friday, 4/16 @ 7pm in the Region 3D Football Finals.

great state

Lord Botey is a juggernaut

I watched a LB game earlier in the season; speed, talent, and size everywhere

20 hours ago, tbgfan said:

I have become a fan of the Holston Cavaliers and hoping they can pull out the win.  I think some may consider it an upset if they beat Burton.  Holston's QB has so many dimensions in his game, he will be a threat from quarter one to quarter four.  The Cavaliers have very capable receivers also and a "tackling machine" named Blevins.  His first name slips my mind.

I would consider it an upset.

Between the two, if Narrows can finally get over the Galax hump and that's a HUGE if, I'd prefer Burton.  Only reason being is if I can't obtain a ticket and if you guys would have us, I'd probably try and park in that church parking lot behind and above the press box at Lawson-Fitchko and watch it from there like we do from Holston St. in Narrows. 

On 4/10/2021 at 5:10 PM, tbgfan said:

Lane Blevins #55 Maybe? 

33 minutes ago, VHSLhelper said:

9E3Y41wa_bigger.jpg

UPDATED: Region 5B football title game declared no-contest after positive COVID test at Manchester; Highland Springs advances to state

Dang, Covid! That sucks! Wby would any parent even get their kid tested? Quarantine them & let others play. Just my thoughts, others can disagree. 

29 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Dang, Covid! That sucks! Wby would any parent even get their kid tested? Quarantine them & let others play. Just my thoughts, others can disagree. 

Seriously? Because A) the kid could get very sick, it's a small chance but possible and B) they could spread it to more vulnerable family members and it could.potentially kill someone who's older or in bad health. 

10 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Seriously? Because A) the kid could get very sick, it's a small chance but possible and B) they could spread it to more vulnerable family members and it could.potentially kill someone who's older or in bad health. 

Imagine the lawsuits should evidence of a school/parent/coach/community coverup be found.  That would be one idiotic way to eliminate public school athletics altogether. 

2 hours ago, BigWinners said:

If the kid is symptomatic, of course get them tested; otherwise if they've just been exposed quarantine them. That's what happens anyway to kids who are asymptomatic. They really do nothing to treat them, maybe tell them to take Vitamin D and/or Vitamin C. There's really no need to get tested otherwise in my opinion just self quarantine and don't expose others. 

Bulletin Sports@BulletinSport

Martinsville City Schools Superintendent Zeb Talley announced at a school board meeting last night Martinsville High School will not compete in spring sports this season. The school also did not compete in winter or fall sports this school year.

Martinsville is the only school in the Piedmont District to not compete in any sports this school year. Talley said the district is being "proactive" against the spread of COVID-19.

great state

8 minutes ago, trublue said:

Bulletin Sports@BulletinSport

Martinsville City Schools Superintendent Zeb Talley announced at a school board meeting last night Martinsville High School will not compete in spring sports this season. The school also did not compete in winter or fall sports this school year.

Martinsville is the only school in the Piedmont District to not compete in any sports this school year. Talley said the district is being "proactive" against the spread of COVID-19.

great state

Our kids have been robbed of enough. It's time to get back to some form of normalcy. There are districts in our state where kids haven't stepped foot in an actual school building since last March. We won't truly know the negative impact and ramifications of these restrictions and lockdowns on our kids, their social/emotional well-being,  & their education for many years to come. 

16 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

If the kid is symptomatic, of course get them tested; otherwise if they've just been exposed quarantine them. That's what happens anyway to kids who are asymptomatic. They really do nothing to treat them, maybe tell them to take Vitamin D and/or Vitamin C. There's really no need to get tested otherwise in my opinion just self quarantine and don't expose others. 

Oh alright I got you. I understand what you're saying with asymptomatic kids but if someone's been exposed gotta get em tested because gotta try and control the spread and reduce chance of a larger outbreak. 

7 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Oh alright I got you. I understand what you're saying with asymptomatic kids but if someone's been exposed gotta get em tested because gotta try and control the spread and reduce chance of a larger outbreak. 

I didn't get tested when I was exposed. Self-quarantined. If you quarantine, you're not spreading it. Kids don't effectively spread the virus and much less likely to give it to adults according to most up-to-date research. Health department told me there was no need to get tested unless I developed symptoms. The protocol is a lot different now than a year ago especially with so many that have chosen to get vaccinated. You don't even have to quarantine if you've been exposed and had the vaccine. 

6 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I didn't get tested when I was exposed. Self-quarantined. If you quarantine, you're not spreading it. Kids don't effectively spread the virus and much less likely to give it to adults according to most up-to-date research. Health department told me there was no need to get tested unless I developed symptoms. The protocol is a lot different now than a year ago especially with so many that have chosen to get vaccinated. You don't even have to quarantine if you've been exposed and had the vaccine. 

I'm fine with quarantining and such if the person hasn't been in close contact with others before they realized it and went into quarantine. But if the person didn't realize it and was around others, it's prob safer for those people to get tested and make sure, there have been cases of coaches dying and stuff. 

12 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I'm fine with quarantining and such if the person hasn't been in close contact with others before they realized it and went into quarantine. But if the person didn't realize it and was around others, it's prob safer for those people to get tested and make sure, there have been cases of coaches dying and stuff. 

I get what you're saying too. 

14 minutes ago, That_guy said:

Yes season over for the Raiders!! Should be back for a strong ride next season.

I hate hearing this for the Burton Raiders.  There is an article in Bristol newspaper today on the Culbertson kid.  To have this game gone "in a heartbeat, " aren't any words to ease the pain.  Sorry for the team, coaches and community.  

HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL: Culbertson enticed to gridiron by Xbox | Sports News | heraldcourier.com