Union vs Central Region D Championship

Gridiron60

I know that Central looked really good last night, but 2 things give me some hope. It's hard to beat a good team twice, and Union finally adjusted after the outburst in the 1st quarter. If they can do the same for 4 quarters and find a little more offense, they have a chance.

If Central plays like they did Friday they will be tough to handle. Having said that the Bears now have a ton of confidence and after making some adjustments played Central much tighter in the second half when they met earlier. Things could be very interesting come Friday night.

7 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I know that Central looked really good last night, but 2 things give me some hope. It's hard to beat a good team twice, and Union finally adjusted after the outburst in the 1st quarter. If they can do the same for 4 quarters and find a little more offense, they have a chance.

After the first quarter we played them even but we have a hard time stopping that offense

That Calpreps projection is not yet updated from the games on Friday and Saturday (this weekend).  Monday afternoon, the projections will be updated reflecting this weekends games.  

Hats off to the Union Bears.  Those kids played like gaged possessed animals yesterday.  No quit in them and they really play with tons of emotion and intensity.   That's a reflection of pride in their programs history (PV-Appy) and it's a reflection of their Head Coach.  That game with Central is one I will surely watch.  Should be a fantastic game.  With only 12 minute quarters in High School Football, if you can stop the run and then run it well offensively, the game is shortened and it gives you a chance.  Union did exactly that and they just clearly weren't going through the motions.  That bunch came to Mitchell Stadium to play.  

1 hour ago, PCLR32 said:

That Calpreps projection is not yet updated from the games on Friday and Saturday (this weekend).  Monday afternoon, the projections will be updated reflecting this weekends games.  

All of their stats and scores did reflect this past weekend, but maybe the projection has not been updated. I will look again monday to see if it changes.

1 hour ago, jonah58 said:

This is a game that Central cannot look past. It's hard to beat any Union/PV/Appy team twice in the same year. They are aware of this. I'm glad it's at home and not bullit park lol

I hate that park & that blessed train horn, lol. 😂😂😂

Just now, UNION'S HAMMER said:

Let's just say central will hear the blessed train horn this Friday night for sure. They wont know where its at though.

Lucky them 😂 Seriously, the park is a great atmosphere for a high school game.