Union vs Central Region D Championship

Gridiron60

Clearly I have you pegged correctly. You watched the Appy program spiral out of control after having your opponent take a bow at midfield in the state game. Union is formed, they get moderately successful and you lose your mind with a horn. 

Keep blowing it, just know 75% of the crowd laughs at it. 

Got it all wrong buddy. I’m from Powell valley wanna know why the atmosphere at the park sucked before consolidating it was because the snobs sitting in front of the press box don’t even know football or what to get excited and make noise for. Which was the problem the first 2 years to 3 years of union couldn’t have any noise cause it hurt feelings. Be glad you have the appy people at the games and not just your sour butts who want the atmosphere to be like going to church. 

3 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Nah, just on good taste and humor, both which seem to elude you, as evidenced by the absolutely hilarious idea of fake user names. 

Fake user names nope not I. Pretty sure big weiners said he was from big stone.

2 hours ago, Burrall’s Pearls said:

Clearly I have you pegged correctly. You watched the Appy program spiral out of control after having your opponent take a bow at midfield in the state game. Union is formed, they get moderately successful and you lose your mind with a horn. 

Who cares what you powell Valley snobs think the admin at the high school wants the horn there coaches want it there and most importantly the team wants it there. Because they know if we wasnt there the 75 % would just be up in stands like it was church or a funeral. So I encourage you the next time you are at a game come on over and introduce yourself to us Appalachia rejects. And we can discuss this matter. I'll be at central Fri night if you would like. I can't wait and no this is no threat to you or anyone else before you go that route.

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

This would be about the time someone inserts that Michael Jackson gif eating popcorn into this thread.
😂😂😂😂

I guess some rivalries never die 🤣😂🤣😂

🚂Choo 🚂Choo🚂

For those that played in it especially in the 90s, PV-Appy rivalry will never die. There was a 3 week swing where you hated the dudes on the other side. A couple weeks after the game - cool down period would hang out again. 

and for 90% of all involved the rivalry is not an issue after reaching adulthood.  both are proud of their respective school, and should be.  you've only got a handful on either side that'll never admit it's wrong to keep it going rather than let it go and use that energy/focus for the current program.  train horn is loud, but absolutely wonderful in a game/stadium setting.  games should be loud.  yall put that childish stuff behind you, meet up and thumb wrestle or something.  Good luck bears and warriors, wise county well represented, Norton city too. 3 M7 teams still in!

9 hours ago, Burrall’s Pearls said:

That horn is embarrassing and annoying. Half the time it’s not even used at the correct time, it drives away fans and makes the entire fanbase look like a bunch of rednecks. 

Personally I think those big horns are pretty awesome when the team is coming out, going in at half, etc but using them between plays or as the opponent lines up is ridiculous imo. 

Horns...I love it, the wife hates it and I know for a fact Richlands would love to ban it. Back to the game, Union by 3 , as Turner runs a goal line D the entire game, 9 men in the box, and we run the wildcat on every play

I'm kind of torn on this one. Union just got finished with an emotional roller coaster last week. That could play a part. I'm probably not as concerned with that playing a huge part on the high school level. Kids are gonna play hard. 

I really want to pick Union to upset Central. I think it'll be close. Union is such a well coached team IMO. They rarely beat themselves (at least from what I've seen the few times I've watched them).

But, I'm taking Central in a close one, 28-23.

Book it.

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

if union can be stingy on defense and keep consistent with offense mixing it up between the backs/qb running, it'll be a close game.  central defense pretty solid, offense busts big plays but can they sustain long drives? 

i agree and having watched them a couple of times i do not think central can sustain long drives. they either bust it or punt. I think union in a close game

12 hours ago, Burrall’s Pearls said:

Why are you on here trashing the Appalachia program PV program was a joke the last few years also.  We're Union now quit crying over stuff 20 years ago everyone else has.

13 hours ago, UNION'S HAMMER said:

Fake user names nope not I. Pretty sure big weiners said he was from big stone.

Okay, I totally believe you. I mean not many others are quick and witty enough to roast me like that, I figured you'd want credit for it.

8 hours ago, redtiger said:

Personally I think those big horns are pretty awesome when the team is coming out, going in at half, etc but using them between plays or as the opponent lines up is ridiculous imo. 

And that's the only issue I've ever actually had with blowing a horn. Other teams do it after scoring plays, half ends, etc.. But if you're blowing it when the other team is at the LOS, not cool. While I may not be the biggest fan, it matters none, but if it was done like any other place with a horn, I don't think anyone would have real issues with it.

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

Okay, I totally believe you. I mean not many others are quick and witty enough to roast me like that, I figured you'd want credit for it.

The new screen name is not a second name for anyone already on this board. It is, in fact, a new person. 🤷🏻‍♂️

9 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

Horns...I love it, the wife hates it and I know for a fact Richlands would love to ban it. Back to the game, Union by 3 , as Turner runs a goal line D the entire game, 9 men in the box, and we run the wildcat on every play

I hope Central doesn't pass the ball if we have 9 in the box lol!!!

4 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

The new screen name is not a second name for anyone already on this board. It is, in fact, a new person. 🤷🏻‍♂️

lolol yessssss, that means someone decided to register, pick a name and start posting because someone was in their feels about a horn. A horn.

That's priceless. I may print and frame this thread. 

3 hours ago, goose111874 said:

I hope Central doesn't pass the ball if we have 9 in the box lol!!!

Didn't they score on a long pass during that blitzkrieg in the first half of the first game? It's possible I'm remembering wrong but I thought someone snuck out and caught a bomb.

8 hours ago, BigWinners said:

And that's the only issue I've ever actually had with blowing a horn. Other teams do it after scoring plays, half ends, etc.. But if you're blowing it when the other team is at the LOS, not cool. While I may not be the biggest fan, it matters none, but if it was done like any other place with a horn, I don't think anyone would have real issues with it.

I believe it was last year or year before last Union blowed it the whole first half when Richlands was at the LOS. 

5 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Didn't they score on a long pass during that blitzkrieg in the first half of the first game? It's possible I'm remembering wrong but I thought someone snuck out and caught a bomb.

Not sure I think they were all run plays though.