Union vs Central Region D Championship

Gridiron60

2 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Agree with that as well but then you get an incident like Union at Graham and it creates a real stink and bad look..

Also if I remember correctly, didn't Appo stop teams from bringing stuff to them as well?

Last season at the Appo/Graham game, Graham was asked not to bang cymbal while Appo was on offense or band play if I remember correctly while Appo was on LOS. I only knew because I was sitting near the band when the guy came over.

that doesn't seem too fair.  I've saw film (u-tube) from appo side with electronic siren blaring before, during, and after plays.  works for one should work for all, just saying.  personally, I say bring all the noise makers in the world to create the loudest game ever, each week.  players and TRUE fans of a great game will always appreciate it.  

I see a lot of u-tube how to build horn tutorials throughout this crowd in the near future, say august 21. 

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

that doesn't seem too fair.  I've saw film (u-tube) from appo side with electronic siren blaring before, during, and after plays.  works for one should work for all, just saying.  personally, I say bring all the noise makers in the world to create the loudest game ever, each week.  players and TRUE fans of a great game will always appreciate it.  

I see a lot of u-tube how to build horn tutorials throughout this crowd in the near future, say august 21. 

Thats weird, i have all the appo games saved and i have never seen or heard that happen. Care to give me a link to the one you saw it on?

6 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Definitely odd that they are not enforced the same way. Unless they think it's easier to suddenly turn off an artificial noise than 50 teenagers. 🙃

I noticed that Graham's band played almost continuously the entire game. At first, I thought they were just doing it when Union was on offense, but then realized they did the same while Graham had the ball too. Don't know of any other around here that plays so much during a game.

If they start banning cowbells and yelling, they might as well not have fans there either.

I think they should cut out talking real loud too lol!!!  Hard too believe people fuss about noise at a football game.  Has no one ever been to a UT of VT game it's suppose to be loud.  The horns loud and the band but not loud enough for the players to not be able to hear the QB.

47 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

That would have been the Union game in 2017 in Big Stone Gap!

What an atmosphere it was that day!!!

Union is not the same team they were in games 1-5. I think they finally found some things that clicked against Eastside.

They came out determined last week and this week to win. Central was truly a great team this year. I think they may have come out a little overconfident and got rattled in the 1st quarter. By the time they got things together, it was too late. Much like the first game for Union. 

Bears didn't dominate, but they played good enough to win. Hats off to the Warriors on a great season.

One program had won big games before the other hadn’t. It still rings true. Union was the more prepared and better coached squad.

Pretty embarrassing loss for Central. If you live in Wise County, all any of us have heard for 10 years is how this group would go to state. Just a bad L, more talented team lost and that’s a credit to Travis, the kids and the program they’ve built.

Central was clearly overconfident in the first quarter and it cost them the game. Sleeping on a team with that tradition and being flat falls on the coaching staff.

I'm not referring to any other conversation that people have posted the last couple of weeks but I do have a couple of shoutouts

#1 I wanna give a shoutout to JONES #44 for all the tremendous work and the team member he has been to help Union move on to the playoffs.

#2 A big thanks to UNION'S HAMMER for bringing the train horn on the road tonight. I'm sure you got the Union crowd fired up and helped to cheer on the bears. 

#3 Congrats to the entire team...you are all powerhouses to be reckoned with 

Like I've said Southwest VA's football is unbelievable and I'm glad we can be a part of it. 

40 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Union looked better prepared for this game.

Seems to be the case two weeks in a row, Union being ready to play and laser focused while the other two teams didn't have it altogether until later in the game. That's a huge credit to Turner and the staff, not sure I've ever seen a Union team improve this much week to week. Hats off, those kids and the staff have made the most of this abbreviated season and now have a 2D title to show for it. 

Now I just hope a couple people pick Appomattox to win emphatically and decisively, seems like every time it's happened going back to regional basketball the Bears respond and win lol.

6 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Seems to be the case two weeks in a row, Union being ready to play and laser focused while the other two teams didn't have it altogether until later in the game. That's a huge credit to Turner and the staff, not sure I've ever seen a Union team improve this much week to week. Hats off, those kids and the staff have made the most of this abbreviated season and now have a 2D title to show for it. 

Now I just hope a couple people pick Appomattox to win emphatically and decisively, seems like every time it's happened going back to regional basketball the Bears respond and win lol.

How much of an impact do you think basketball had? We were behind everyone else at the start with our state title in bball. Jenkins, Rasnick, Honeycutt, Ray and Bunch all probably took some time to get up to speed. 

Also, what a run here lately for Union. That’s our third region title in a boys sport this year. 

5 hours ago, Burrall’s Pearls said:

How much of an impact do you think basketball had? We were behind everyone else at the start with our state title in bball. Jenkins, Rasnick, Honeycutt, Ray and Bunch all probably took some time to get up to speed. 

Also, what a run here lately for Union. That’s our third region title in a boys sport this year.

They are playing like a bunch of Appalachia heathens. Getting down and dirty to win.

6 hours ago, Burrall’s Pearls said:

It absolutely had an impact, especially for Bunch. Having basically zero practice time between sports and then taking over as QB1 is a !monumental task and it feels like he's just now getting comfortable.