1A games predictions

Optimal62

I think Holston QB will be too much for JIs defense and in the end a 2 TD difference.

Shew, the Galax v Narz game could be a barn burner...I wasn’t surprised with the GW/Galax score last week, but was a little shocked at the PM/Narz. It took a quarter or so for Narz to get going and if that happens this week, they may be in a hole they can’t recover from. Narz is solid on both sides of the ball with a QB who’s put up lots of rushing and passing TDs and a defense that starts 9 or 10 seniors. This will obviously be the best team Narz has faced this season (by far) however, I think being an older group of kids they will pull it out in a close game 28-24.....or because of a slow start and facing an opponent who is way better than anyone they’ve seen Galax could route them 35-14.

28 minutes ago, That_guy said:

Holston does have good mobile Qb, Burton OL/DL will be unmatched for Holston. This Defense will the best he’s seen all year. I think Burton is too strong and to fast for Holston. 

Burton 31-13

Not having seen Burton play can't comment on their speed, but I still think Holston has a chance.  Their receivers seemed like they have some speed.  Don't know what percentage of passing or running offense Burton has, but I think Holston is pretty even in the passing and running game.  The thing that can be the X factor, the playoffs is a new chapter for the Cavaliers, and hopefully they don't let nerves dictate their play.  

3 minutes ago, tbgfan said:

Not having seen Burton play can't comment on their speed, but I still think Holston has a chance.  Their receivers seemed like they have some speed.  Don't know what percentage of passing or running offense Burton has, but I think Holston is pretty even in the passing and running game.  The thing that can be the X factor, the playoffs is a new chapter for the Cavaliers, and hopefully they don't let nerves dictate their play.  

Turnovers will be a factor. Burton averaged 2 INT’s a game last season. Only averaging 1 pg right now. 

1 hour ago, Friday Night Lights said:

Liked to see narrows get the W tomorrow and play riverheads eventually in state title. I think 1C will beat 1D whoever wins galax and narrows 

Now that it's known it's Holston, Narrows has played Holston the last 3 seasons in the regular season and every game getting tighter than the last.  Barely squeaked out a 24-20 win in Damascus in 19 a week after ending the streak against Giles.  Lord knows,  I'm not calling a Narrows win tomorrow.  I'm just saying that's there is a level of familiarity between Narrows and Holston and I know it would be a hell of a game if Narrows earned their way to get to play in it.

Ive seen all 3; Narz, Galax, and Holston on film and in person.....Galax OR Narz beats Holston by 20+ ....not bashing Holston at all, both G & N are wayyyyy better up front than Holston, the QB at Holston is dynamic scrambling on the run and pass....however, that window will be slammed shut against G or N and he will get beat to pieces if he tries to run 20+ times against either team....once again Holston is a very good team just not on the level as Galax or Narz......for anyone getting on their high horse about Galax or Narz taking on Riverheads (Don't do it) Riverheads is on a different level than Galax or Narz...call me crazy but once again if its within 20 then Galax or Narz played above and beyond and Riverheads played bad.....Riverheads is on a completely different level than ANYONE in single A.