COVID hits Burton

jarhead24219

11 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

So if your kid died from covid during a game the game would still be worth it to you? Wow just wow

Clearly I am not alone. There are hundreds of thousands of parents that felt the same way because there were hundreds of thousands of teenagers that were allowed by their parents to participate in sports even though there was a small risk that their child could get covid from participating and perhaps even die. It was worth it to them too. P.S.  I don't have any children but I have a nephew playing college basketball.

1 minute ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Clearly I am not alone. There are hundreds of thousands of parents that felt the same way because there were hundreds of thousands of teenagers that were allowed by their parents to participate in sports even though there was a small risk that their child could get covid from participating and perhaps even die. It was worth it to them too. P.S.  I don't have any children but I have a nephew playing college basketball.

Guess we differ...no biggie

36 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

LOL. That is the BS narrative they want you to suck up. EVERYTHING you do involves risk and almost always can hurt someone else. When I get in my car I could kill you if I make a careless move or if I have a heart attack. I wonder How many people I have killed by giving them the flu or some other contagious disease.  I wonder how many you have killed the same way? I am not bowing down to your fears. You do not have the right to make me change my life to bow to your fears. If you are scared change your life and stay at home. I am not changing my life for you because YOU are the one being selfish, not me.

So your happiness is more important than potentially the lives of others. Got it. If you can't see how that's incredibly selfish and harmful, I can't help you. 

People don't always have the option to stay home. 

But I'm glad you're willing to let other people die as long as it doesn't inconvenience you in the slightest. And you called me selfish for just pointing out that the risk is not just to you.

I'm sure you favor getting rid of drunk driving laws, all laws surrounding AIDS, etc... since you believe personal freedom completely outweighs public.safety.

1 minute ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Clearly we do. I think it boils down to you think my lack of fear is irrational and I think your fear is irrational. 

Here’s the thing-at one point we were dealing with an unknown variable...no one knew how deadly Covid would be or the ins and outs of it-our lockdowns and messaging were poorly executed.

If we were being attacked by a foreign power and thousands of people were dying daily-most people wouldn’t think twice about following orders and staying in their homes and locking down. And yet, we had people essentially saying that their freedom to be ignorant deserved the same respect as scientific expertise and thus the US has over 570,000 dead.  

Now that we know the risks/transmission/have access to vaccines and treatments etc things like high schools sports and activities are much more doable.  However, to mock people for taking precautions due to a deadly virus is insanity.  

Can some of you be more dramatic or judgmental? Good grief! Live your life, let others live theirs; agree to disagree. Every life lost is tragic no matter the circumstances. I took (continue to take) precautions, & even got the vaccine but I also chose to live my life, traveled & went on two vacations, visited family, had holiday celebrations...unlike @Bluefield Researcher, I have children and grandchildren and we have wonderful memories. Be blessed friends! 

45 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Can some of you be more dramatic or judgmental? Good grief! Live your life, let others live theirs; agree to disagree. Every life lost is tragic no matter the circumstances. I took (continue to take) precautions, & even got the vaccine but I also chose to live my life, traveled & went on two vacations, visited family, had holiday celebrations...unlike @Bluefield Researcher, I have children and grandchildren and we have wonderful memories. Be blessed friends! 

Congratulations-one of my family members lived her life just like you-went to the beach, brought back COVID and killed her mother.  I’m sure she’s glad she took that beach vacation and got some wonderful memories.  

It’s amazing how “live your life, let others live theirs” gets skewed when it’s one of your own that is impacted. 

8 minutes ago, Tigerman10 said:

Congratulations-one of my family members lived her life just like you-went to the beach, brought back COVID and killed her mother.  I’m sure she’s glad she took that beach vacation and got some wonderful memories.  

It’s amazing how “live your life, let others live theirs” gets skewed when it’s one of your own that is impacted. 

As I said, I took and continue to take precautions including not being around family members after traveling. People can still live if they take steps to keep others safe. I have actually had family members get Covid, a co-worker who died from it, and a friend who died. None of whom got it from me. As I said, a lot of judgmental people on this board. Sorry for your loss. 

17 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

As I said, I took and continue to take precautions including not being around family members.

None of whom got it from me. As I said, a lot of judgmental people on this board. Sorry for your loss. 

Again-my post may not apply to you.  The point remains that plenty of people, especially in our area, have used the mantras of “freedom” and “no fear” to act irresponsibly in the midst of a deadly pandemic. 

I have disagreed with Ralph plenty lately for what I consider to be nonsensical guidelines.  That said-this thing spreads rapidly in close quarters-we have an abundance of evidence of that...

There's got to be some balance to it all. We (my wife and I) went on vacation, I shopped and went pretty much wherever I wanted.  We also didn't go around our parents or grandparents for months until we knew more about what was going on and how to handle it.  

By my standards what we did wasn't reckless but by others standards it certainly was. To each their own. 

12 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Hell I may wear a mask once covids over, I've not even had a cold this winter for the first time in my life so the masks have to be helping  some.

I think people just being more vigilant about hand washing, touching their face, giving other people plenty of space inside, etc... Will help a ton fighting all sorts of colds and other viral infections and stuff. At this point the mask doesn't bother me much at all, I'm used to it. I go Monday for my second shot and even after that I'll likely keep mask on for time being  

8 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I think people just being more vigilant about hand washing, touching their face, giving other people plenty of space inside, etc... Will help a ton fighting all sorts of colds and other viral infections and stuff. At this point the mask doesn't bother me much at all, I'm used to it. I go Monday for my second shot and even after that I'll likely keep mask on for time being  

Yeah masks ain't that bad.  I'm glad the people that won't wear them don't disobey the no shoes no shirt no service rule

9 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Yeah masks ain't that bad.  I'm glad the people that won't wear them don't disobey the no shoes no shirt no service rule

Brother you have no idea. If a store ever let's people shop barefoot, I am OUT. I'm not a foot person, I do not wanna see any persons feet, not even the smokiest of smokeshows. I barely can tolerate flip flops (the bottom of most girls feet are DISGUSTING), I would have to become the ultimate hermit if people were allowed to function in society barefoot.

6 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Brother you have no idea. If a store ever let's people shop barefoot, I am OUT. I'm not a foot person, I do not wanna see any persons feet, not even the smokiest of smokeshows. I barely can tolerate flip flops (the bottom of most girls feet are DISGUSTING), I would have to become the ultimate hermit if people were allowed to function in society barefoot.

Hell I won't look at my own feet

24 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Hell I won't look at my own feet

Glad I'm not the only one. I sleep in socks. If I'm not showering, swimming or in an intimate setting, my damn socks are on and I'm only taking them off for the last one if she teases me about it lolol

23 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I have worn actual close-toed shoes a total of about 4 times in the last 3 years 😂😂😂

I HATE shoes with a burning passion. I wear flip-flops year round, even in the snow. 

I also own 2 whole pairs of socks. One short set, one long set for funerals. And most of the time when I do wear an actual shoe, I don’t wear socks with them lol. I think I hate socks more than I hate shoes. 

20 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

I have worn actual close-toed shoes a total of about 4 times in the last 3 years 😂😂😂

I HATE shoes with a burning passion. I wear flip-flops year round, even in the snow. 

I also own 2 whole pairs of socks. One short set, one long set for funerals. And most of the time when I do wear an actual shoe, I don’t wear socks with them lol. I think I hate socks more than I hate shoes. 

Us with ugly feet can't just can't pull that off

25 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Us with ugly feet can't just can't pull that off

For me it's not even that, my feet handsome AF and I still ain't trying to look at them lolol. I'm the exact opposite of @Ryan4VT I don't own a single pair of shoes that aren't closed toe. No sandals or flip flops. Socks 24/7. I dated a girl who was pretty attractive, she would spend all this time on makeup and hair and then go out in flip flops. Countless fights over her wearing flip flops in a restaurant. I ain't trying to eat with exposed feet in my vicinty, esp when they look burnt on the bottom from continual wear of flip flops lol

6 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

For me it's not even that, my feet handsome AF and I still ain't trying to look at them lolol. I'm the exact opposite of @Ryan4VT I don't own a single pair of shoes that aren't closed toe. No sandals or flip flops. Socks 24/7. I dated a girl who was pretty attractive, she would spend all this time on makeup and hair and then go out in flip flops. Countless fights over her wearing flip flops in a restaurant. I ain't trying to eat with exposed feet in my vicinty, esp when they look burnt on the bottom from continual wear of flip flops lol

You've thought more about feet in this thread than I ever have in my entire life.

Simple truth is, COVID kills the dying. 

Based on CDC data, weakened immune systems, pneumonia, type 2 Diabetes, weakened systems due to old age, and other poor health factors are the most common reasons for Covid deaths. Covid alone rarely kills, the youngest and most healthy among us are not as impacted by it. This is not my opinion, this is based on statistical data. 

*Rarely (adverb) -not often or seldom 

** I included the definition of rarely so those suggest that say I am arguing that Covid only kills sick people can brush up on their vocabulary.

Only -(adverb) and no one or nothing more besides; solely or exclusively.

BTW, the virtue signalling in this thread is sickening. 

6 minutes ago, Plywood_King said:

Woah there, BW, let's not get too braggartly 😂

Haha well I only added that to illustrate just how much I dislike feet. Even a reasonably attractive woman who put up with my sorry ass is not immune to my feet-phobia lol

2016 Appomattox thumps Union at their place, that night Janina Jones was murdered by her husband Eric Jones. She left behind her children . Lomax was one of those kids. Appomattox lost some kids in the early morning hours before the game. 
The reason brought this up is this, no matter the score, no matter who wins , we are all winners when the kids stay healthy.....Go Bears , be safe Appomattox fans and let’s all pray that God sends his angels to watch over us all

2 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

2016 Appomattox thumps Union at their place, that night Janina Jones was murdered by her husband Eric Jones. She left behind her children . Lomax was one of those kids. Appomattox lost some kids in the early morning hours before the game. 
The reason brought this up is this, no matter the score, no matter who wins , we are all winners when the kids stay healthy.....Go Bears , be safe Appomattox fans and let’s all pray that God sends his angels to watch over us all

Damn was it really the same day? Awful, awful stuff. Last I heard that scumbag still on the run. Hope he eventually gets what he deserves.