Regional champs updates

SW_VA_boy

35 minutes ago, trublue said:
Galax beat Narrows 21-0 in the Class 1 Region C championship game. Holston will host Galax next week in the state semifinals.

great state

We will host the Galax Maroon Tide next Friday April 23, 2021 @ 7:00 pm for the VHSL Class 1A State Semifinals.

great state

1 hour ago, Unchained said:

The Central PA guy on third down is embarrassing. Terrible.

Can't be worse than the Central fan hollering hold on every Union play and kick him out of the game on a block in the back penalty.  You can tell Central isn't a football school with some of their fans knowledge of the game.

18 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Probably was, seems like all the Jenkins kids have been good at blocking FGs and extra points

Radio said Jenkins got his fingers on it. They also noted Owens got quite upset, was Jenkins offsides at all? I doubt it, it's usually an easy call if a guy gets an early jump, but apparently Owens thought he was, going by radio call.

Just getting home.  Proud of our boys and of their season.  2nd half adjustments made on defense really did the job and gave them a puncher's chance.  Galax won this game with their defense though also.  Once the power run game was stuffed, they really struggled to move the ball.  Best of luck to Galax going forward.  Always pull for NRV teams to bring a title home.

9 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Radio said Jenkins got his fingers on it. They also noted Owens got quite upset, was Jenkins offsides at all? I doubt it, it's usually an easy call if a guy gets an early jump, but apparently Owens thought he was, going by radio call.

I didn't see if he was or not Central has their fence 50 yards from the field and I forgot my binoculars

14 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

I didn't see if he was or not Central has their fence 50 yards from the field and I forgot my binoculars

Hah yeah they made sure to give plenty of space from bleachers to sideline. Like I said officials are usually right on top of offside stuff so I doubt they'd miss an obvious call like that. 

9 hours ago, YakeBC said:

I wish Union the best of luck and hope they put a whooping on Appomattox... But... One of these things is not like the others. 

Both Union and Poquoson are 4 seeds. So you could say two of these things are not like the others. 

9 hours ago, SW_VA_boy said:

Just getting home.  Proud of our boys and of their season.  2nd half adjustments made on defense really did the job and gave them a puncher's chance.  Galax won this game with their defense though also.  Once the power run game was stuffed, they really struggled to move the ball.  Best of luck to Galax going forward.  Always pull for NRV teams to bring a title home.

Galax drove right down the field to start the second half and was on the one yard line when a controversial fumble was called. From where I was sitting it looked like the QB was laying on his back when the ball came out but someone else may have had a better view.  I'm not sure how much it was the Narrows defense shutting them down or Galax making mistakes on the offensive side of the ball because they still moved the ball pretty well when they were not making mistakes. I'm not trying to take nothing away from Narrows play in the second half it just appeared to be more on Galax shutting them self down then the other teams defense. With that being said congratulations to Narrows on one hell of a year.

I thought Galax got pass-happy and all but abandoned the run in the second half. The 4th back on the depth chart had all the carries in the second half.  It led to the offense getting badly out of rhythm. 

The play on the goal line was a situation where the side judge looked around for help. When none came, he made something up. At least that’s what I saw. It was certainly NOT a fumble. 

I don’t believe Galax has played 4 solid quarters all season. If they are able to beat Holston, they better figure out a way to do that or Riverheads will embarrass them. 

With that said, I like what Coach Allen is doing. He is taking what Dixon built and is putting his own stamp on it. He’s a solid head coach. 

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

I thought Galax got pass-happy and all but abandoned the run in the second half. The 4th back on the depth chart had all the carries in the second half.  It led to the offense getting badly out of rhythm. 

The play on the goal line was a situation where the side judge looked around for help. When none came, he made something up. At least that’s what I saw. It was certainly NOT a fumble. 

I don’t believe Galax has played 4 solid quarters all season. If they are able to beat Holston, they better figure out a way to do that or Riverheads will embarrass them. 

With that said, I like what Coach Allen is doing. He is taking what Dixon built and is putting his own stamp on it. He’s a solid head coach. 

You are spot on here. Shane has done a great job and I sure as hell wouldn't want to come in after Dixon but he has done it the right way in my opinion.

The QB was down certainly not a fumble and Galax got pass happy after the first drive of the second half. Although Galax had people open many many times that the QB just didn't see which hurt them and got them behind the chains.  Although he threw some strikes last night as well. Cole is an athlete for sure. 

I give Narrows front seven alot of credit they flowed to the ball extremely well and was physical (certainly the best we have seen all year.) like in stated earlier Galax had receivers open for days all night, Narrows just hadn't seen that type of speed all year and it showed against the their DBs. Although I cannot figure out why Narrows NEVER ONCE  covered our slot receiver when we went trips? 

I also have to give Galax Defense credit to shut down Narrows like they did and hold them to less than a hundred yards total offense was an impressive showing. They will have to repeat it next week against a very athletic and  mobile QB in Holston.. 

Congrats to Narrows to a great year. 

2 hours ago, Optimal62 said:

You are spot on here. Shane has done a great job and I sure as hell wouldn't want to come in after Dixon but he has done it the right way in my opinion.

The QB was down certainly not a fumble and Galax got pass happy after the first drive of the second half. Although Galax had people open many many times that the QB just didn't see which hurt them and got them behind the chains.  Although he threw some strikes last night as well. Cole is an athlete for sure. 

I give Narrows front seven alot of credit they flowed to the ball extremely well and was physical (certainly the best we have seen all year.) like in stated earlier Galax had receivers open for days all night, Narrows just hadn't seen that type of speed all year and it showed against the their DBs. Although I cannot figure out why Narrows NEVER ONCE  covered our slot receiver when we went trips? 

I also have to give Galax Defense credit to shut down Narrows like they did and hold them to less than a hundred yards total offense was an impressive showing. They will have to repeat it next week against a very athletic and  mobile QB in Holston.. 

Congrats to Narrows to a great year. 

Missing the open receivers and penalties were the mistakes I was referring to, I believe it had more to do with Galax themselves instead of the Narrows defense.